Twitch.tv

Needless

Toe Sucker
reckful was super manic depressive and bipolar, its a shitty situation specially how he did that cringe proposal post just before it.
mental health bruh, shit sux

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm
What a shit year. Reckful was cool AF. I feel so much for his parents. They are going through this a second time.

Cybsled

Kind of sad when you read the replies on his tweet. Hundreds of people trolling then I’m sure he spoke with ex gf and he realized it was over over and that was the last straw on his psyche.

Fight

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
This sucks. I didn't watch his streams very much, but I was definitely aware of who he was and I would sometimes catch his content.

As a skeptical outside observer, I thought Reckful might have played up his self-pitty and depression for attention. Obviously, the guy really had serious mental health issues. It is sad whenever this happens.

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
I never watched him but knew him from Hearthstone and knew he started streaming in WoW.
Stuff like this confuses me more than anything.

Shitty & I feel for his family, close friends & his ex

rad

Lord of Guk
Very sad... he was never able to get out of his own head.

Speaks to how bipolar he was, treated many of his friends like shit but they still always had good things to say about him.

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
external-content.duckduckgo.jpg

• 6Like
  • 4Solidarity
Reactions: 9 users

dizzie

Triggered Happy
Always pretty sad when someone fairly young takes their own life. Bipolar Disorders a right bastard to deal with even with meds and stuff.

Jox

Molten Core Raider
If your kid wants to be a streamer/influencer, you have failed as a parent. Different, but the same

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

xzi

Mouthbreather
Kind of sad when you read the replies on his tweet. Hundreds of people trolling then I’m sure he spoke with ex gf and he realized it was over over and that was the last straw on his psyche.

It actually bums me out, because it's not like it's something to blame specific people for this happening but people have been toxic to him for years.. reading some of the people just being mean on his last tweets really puts it in the limelight of how unacceptable that should actually be.

He's taken so many breaks for that reason, but it continued to happen regardless after things would pick back up. It's just sad. It's sad about his ongoing mental illness and it's sad that people bullied him regardless because "haha streamer man"

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
It actually bums me out, because it's not like it's something to blame specific people for this happening but people have been toxic to him for years.. reading some of the people just being mean on his last tweets really puts it in the limelight of how unacceptable that should actually be.

He's taken so many breaks for that reason, but it continued to happen regardless after things would pick back up. It's just sad. It's sad about his ongoing mental illness and it's sad that people bullied him regardless because "haha streamer man"

No, people being mean have fuck all to do with it. He was sick and his illness eventually caught up with him. He wouldn't have been any better off without those mean people, and you lack fundamental understanding on how these illnesses work if you think otherwise.

He wound up in a situation where he made a giant blunder in a "public" setting and the fear of the fallout from that and/or the self-contempt was enough to push him over the edge. The responses he got from it were irrelevant.

• 4Like
  • 1Picard
Reactions: 4 users

xzi

Mouthbreather
I'm not saying other people caused it, like I said it's not something to blame on specific people.. but people already know he was mentally ill and still continued to do this shit anyways.

OBVIOUSLY that didn't directly cause him to kill himself, but over the years I can't imagine it helped. There's years of this shit happening and years of him saying it affects him and people still did it anyways. The responses aren't irrelevant.

• 1Like

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I agree that it is sad when someone takes the path of suicide, especially when they have options open to them to get help. This guy specifically though? I can't really say much at all, I didn't know him, and only saw a few streams. If asked my opinion of him prior to his suicide, I would have said he seemed like a dick, which admittedly is simply a shallow take off what I saw in a handful of streams.

Social media allows people to be dicks to other people because of the distance. I dropped into Asmon's stream earlier and he was talking about this (I think Esfand was also there), mostly about the responses some people made to Reckful's twitter proposal, mirroring the sentiment xzi xzi posted here. At one point Asmon and Esfand(?) tried to say that their own behavior of calling people stupid / retards / idiots / assholes etc., wasn't the same as the responses that Reckful's tweet got.... its the exact same shit. If you're toxic towards other people, I do not think you have the right to start preaching about how other people have to stop being toxic. Of course they didn't see it that way.

• 1Like

Asshat wormie

2023 Asshat Award Winner
<Gold Donor>
Didnt watch him at all really but this bummed me out. Strange. RIP.

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
I'm not saying other people caused it, like I said it's not something to blame on specific people.. but people already know he was mentally ill and still continued to do this shit anyways.

OBVIOUSLY that didn't directly cause him to kill himself, but over the years I can't imagine it helped. There's years of this shit happening and years of him saying it affects him and people still did it anyways. The responses aren't irrelevant.
You do not understand. He would have felt like shit and gone through the same things whether everyone was mean to him or nice to him. People being nice when someone in this situation is experiencing problems is going to cause the same reaction as people being mean. Either stimuli is going to trigger already existing issues he was struggling with. He could have just as easily misread kindness as pandering bullshit and despaired as a result.

The kind of shit you're talking about is the sort of thing that makes normal people depressed and stupid teenagers cut their wrist. This is an entirely different beast.

I have been in his position, and still might be again, and I can tell you with certainty that people being mean to him had very little influence on his mental health other than to maybe present itself as the cause of something that was already occurring within him.

• 2Like

Cybsled

It’s like 10000 tiny paper cuts. It’s the volume that creates an issue. It’s not the sole issue, but it’s like having a constant chorus legitimizing the bad thoughts you’re already having.

uniqueuser

Vyemm Raider

Kinda hard to feel sympathy for someone repeatedly choosing to place themselves into an environment which they already knew from past experience worsens their underlying problems.

• 1Picard
  • 1Solidarity

chthonic-anemos

bitchute.com/video/EvyOjOORbg5l/
He was financially secure without a spotlight. If the internet didn't exist he would have found another stage to harm himself on. Histrionic attention whores have always been their own adversaries.

Maybe he should have been dealt with back when he threatened to hire deepweb bitcoin hitmen to murder trolls.

If anyone is to blame it's his father for impregnating the mentally ill. This game was rigged from the start.

• 1Like