Twitch.tv

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
If your kid wants to be a streamer/influencer, you have failed as a parent. Different, but the same

When a kid sees Ninja pull in $30M for less than a year's work..the equation changes a little. Also there's sooo many different levels of streamer. If your kid wants to be like Shroud, just playing video games and chilling, whatever.

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
Maybe he should have been dealt with back when he threatened to hire deepweb bitcoin hitmen to murder trolls.
da fuk?
When a kid sees Ninja pull in $30M for less than a year's work..the equation changes a little. Also there's sooo many different levels of streamer. If your kid wants to be like Shroud, just playing video games and chilling, whatever.
If you want to end up like the black community, then by all means dont educate your children on how stupid it is to have goals of being a streamer.

xzi

Mouthbreather
You do not understand. He would have felt like shit and gone through the same things whether everyone was mean to him or nice to him. People being nice when someone in this situation is experiencing problems is going to cause the same reaction as people being mean. Either stimuli is going to trigger already existing issues he was struggling with. He could have just as easily misread kindness as pandering bullshit and despaired as a result.

The kind of shit you're talking about is the sort of thing that makes normal people depressed and stupid teenagers cut their wrist. This is an entirely different beast.

I have been in his position, and still might be again, and I can tell you with certainty that people being mean to him had very little influence on his mental health other than to maybe present itself as the cause of something that was already occurring within him.

I understand. I'm not posting about myself on this forum but I understand.

But if you've watched him at all over the years you know people were trying to push it pretty often. I just wish people didn't do that, that's all.

Anyways I'm out, I hope you hold strong my dude.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Jox

Molten Core Raider

If you're going to compare the number 1 earning streamer, then you should be comparing him to the number 1 earner of other professions. Between Elon Musk and Ninja, I know which I'd prefer.

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
I understand. I'm not posting about myself on this forum but I understand.

But if you've watched him at all over the years you know people were trying to push it pretty often. I just wish people didn't do that, that's all.

Anyways I'm out, I hope you hold strong my dude.
The reason why I'm replying to this stuff at all is just to reinforce the point that looking at the assholes (that will always exist) are not the ones to be focusing on. Mental health problems get drowned in a bunch of conjecture and theories from people that don't understand it (especially many of the "professionals" ) and the efforts of people trying to help tend to get misplaced as a result. It's like looking at pebbles or rocks on the ground being the cause of pain for someone with a broken foot.

This suicide is going to be big news, and people with agendas are going to latch onto it like the parasites they are, including people (not saying you) that will try to turn the "cyberbullies" into the cause of it to reinforce whatever nonsense they're peddling.

• 2Like

uniqueuser

Vyemm Raider
If you're going to compare the number 1 earning streamer, then you should be comparing him to the number 1 earner of other professions. Between Elon Musk and Ninja, I know which I'd prefer.
Because Elon Musk built his empire by sitting in front of a webcam playing videogames, huh.

• 1Like
  • 1Worf

kegkilla

The Big Mod
<Banned>
It actually bums me out, because it's not like it's something to blame specific people for this happening but people have been toxic to him for years.. reading some of the people just being mean on his last tweets really puts it in the limelight of how unacceptable that should actually be.

He's taken so many breaks for that reason, but it continued to happen regardless after things would pick back up. It's just sad. It's sad about his ongoing mental illness and it's sad that people bullied him regardless because "haha streamer man"
The fuck out of here with this bullshit. When you decide to pursue "e-celeb" as a career path, you don't get to cry about getting trolled on the internet. Can't take the heat, get out of the kitchen and go find a real job.

• 2Like

Cybsled

Being a successful streamer is like wanting to be an successful actor or a pro sports player: is it possible? Sure. Is it likely? No

For every success story, there are thousands of failures. Remember that documentary about Fear in DOTA? Guy was razors edge away from not making it

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like

spronk

FPS noob
its insensitive to ask but anyone know how reckful offed himself, just curious if its with some kinda pills, some noose work, or if guns are still popular

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
Being a successful streamer is like wanting to be an successful actor or a pro sports player: is it possible? Sure. Is it likely? No

For every success story, there are thousands of failures. Remember that documentary about Fear in DOTA? Guy was razors edge away from not making it
Yeah but as far as streaming is concerned, there's very little cost to failure. So what if the kid tops out at 50 viewers? It probably had super low opportunity cost (they were going to spend that time playing video games anyway) and they probably learned a bit about technology and also learned an important lesson about how branding yourself is difficult, speaking in front of others is harder than it looks, or maybe easier than it looks depending on their personality, etc.

Now, obviously it's different if they spend their entire 20s sitting in their basement to hit 50 viewers...

• 1Picard
  • 1Barf

Leadsalad

Cis-XYite-Nationalist
Wow, Reckful really was a selfish piece of shit.
Cool, are you going to white knight in and solve all his issues for him with a magic wand instead?

It's his life, he can do what he wants with it. You're being a selfish fuck if you want to control it for him.

I think about blowing my brains out at least once a month for being a miserable failure of a man, a human, and a lazy worthless piece of shit. Are you going to feel sorry for me, demand I don't have autonomy over my own fate and then solve all my issues for me (because I'm too fucky lazy to solve them)?

• 1Picard
Reactions: 1 user

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm

What if your kid isn't a genius but great at video games? It only makes sense to look at what their skills lend themselves to (not that 99.99% of kids will ever be the number 1 at anything, but keep it relative), and what they're interested in. Kids look at professional athletes making good money and that might be a more attainable thing (to be a pro athlete) than becoming the next Elon Musk.