Twitch.tv

spronk

FPS noob
This is fucking depressing. Can we talk about why Dr Disrespect got banned again?

what if Dr. Disrespect killed Jeffrey Epstein
and reckful figured it out today morning

giphy.gif

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
It's certain qualities and skills that make you great at video games, and they can mostly be applied to something more productive. Aspiring to be something where only the top 0.5% can make a living is not a good idea. They also can see people win the lottery and think playing the lottery will pay out, doesn't mean it's a good idea. Parents don't exist just to let kids do whatever they want.

Sorry I thought we were specifically saying if they were shooting for a number 1, it should be Elon Musk or bust.

I agree certain skills can be applied to other things, it's arguable what's more productive if we're talking pure bottom line with what top streamers are starting to make. I don't see Shroud being that great at many other things. That type. Hey, you have god like aim on a video game, and there are plenty of people like that...that I can't see making good execs or are very athletic in general.

I'm not saying many things kids look up to is a smart thing to bank on in the future, just that they are seeing more examples than ever before of it paying off and may think they can do it, despite not being entertaining, or any of the other things they need to actually even have a shot at succeeding at something like streaming.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
You don't have to be #1 to make money streaming. Someone who gets 2k viewers a night and streams 4-5 nights a week lives fairly comfortably.

But who knows what the future holds as far as revenue splits etc.

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Nope, you said something fucking dumb as Beagle below is also saying. Go fuck yourself thinking you can tell others what they can and can't do with themselves.

It's still his ultimately his life and he has final say on what he does with it. You have no right to supersede his.
Pretty sure they are not saying that. They are saying Reckful's decision was selfish, not that he didn't have the right to do as he wanted.

General Antony

Vyemm Raider
Cool, are you going to white knight in and solve all his issues for him with a magic wand instead?

It's his life, he can do what he wants with it. You're being a selfish fuck if you want to control it for him.

I think about blowing my brains out at least once a month for being a miserable failure of a man, a human, and a lazy worthless piece of shit. Are you going to feel sorry for me, demand I don't have autonomy over my own fate and then solve all my issues for me (because I'm too fucky lazy to solve them)?

At the very least do the world a favor and use that weapon in a constructive way before you choose to exit.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Oldbased

> Than U
People that off themselves while leaving behind people that care about them are yes, selfish pieces of shit. Was he dying a slow death to brain cancer? No? Oh just got rejected on Twitter and couldn't take the shame. Now he's not only ended his life, he's ruined at least two others.
My brother had a friend ( who I was friends with as well ) who was married and had a pretty little baby girl daughter. He was a manager of a business, made good money and had good friends. He was always coming over when we was working on the drag cars and he would hang out during the weekends and we did business with him during the week. He had a truck that he had put like 100 grand into that won competitions for it's ability to blow out windows from the bass it produced. He got in a fight with his wife about 17 years ago and blew his head off while in bed in front of his daughter who I think was 6 at the time. We had known him for years.

We didn't even go to his funeral. When I asked my brother why since he was much closer to him, his reply was he was dead to him, selfish piece of shit. He never brought him up again in the 4 years he lived.

As for Reckful, I've heard the name, but never watched him, probably because it said he was a WoW streamer which I played like 5 hours one time a decade ago.

TheBeagle

JunkiesNetwork Donor
My brother had a friend ( who I was friends with as well ) who was married and had a pretty little baby girl daughter. He was a manager of a business, made good money and had good friends. He was always coming over when we was working on the drag cars and he would hang out during the weekends and we did business with him during the week. He had a truck that he had put like 100 grand into that won competitions for it's ability to blow out windows from the bass it produced. He got in a fight with his wife about 17 years ago and blew his head off while in bed in front of his daughter who I think was 6 at the time. We had known him for years.

We didn't even go to his funeral. When I asked my brother why since he was much closer to him, his reply was he was dead to him, selfish piece of shit. He never brought him up again in the 4 years he lived.
If someone gets rejected by a love interest and then offs themselves afterwards that is an act of vengeance, a final "fuck you". Maybe selfish isn't the right word but it's a shitty thing to do and they don't deserve to be remembered fondly by the people they hurt.

Oldbased

> Than U
If someone gets rejected by a love interest and then offs themselves afterwards that is an act of vengeance, a final "fuck you". Maybe selfish isn't the right word but it's a shitty thing to do and they don't deserve to be remembered fondly by the people they hurt.
Ya that was sort of his logic. It was 100% to spite his wife with some mental issues mixed in. The fact he did it in the same room as his daughter is why my brother struck him completely out of any respect after the fact. Maybe it is just how we was raised. My fathers father killed himself ( long before I was born ) and he always had the same beef to it. That is was a selfish quitting attitude. Then there is the whole sin thing which my family isn't into but I always was. Hell I still go to church twice a year.

TheBeagle

JunkiesNetwork Donor
Ya that was sort of his logic. It was 100% to spite his wife with some mental issues mixed in. The fact he did it in the same room as his daughter is why my brother struck him completely out of any respect after the fact. Maybe it is just how we was raised. My fathers father killed himself ( long before I was born ) and he always had the same beef to it. That is was a selfish quitting attitude. Then there is the whole sin thing which my family isn't into but I always was. Hell I still go to church twice a year.
When I was a senior in high school one of the guys in our crew came home drunk, got in an argument with his parents and blew his brains out. Just a dumb, drunk kid but his parents were never the same, obviously. Seeing the aftermath burned it into my psyche to never go out like that. Not in a million fucking years.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Oldbased

> Than U
When I was a senior in high school one of the guys in our crew came home drunk, got in an argument with his parents and blew his brains out. Just a dumb, drunk kid but his parents were never the same, obviously. Seeing the aftermath burned it into my psyche to never go out like that. Not in a million fucking years.
Had 2 of those in my HS years. I didn't see either but one was well described. Dude had rich parents and his HS GF dumped him. He skipped school and 12 gauge'd into his mouth. Was smart, varsity and had it made. Just somehow felt a high school gal was worth killing himself over. Sad thing is he could have probably dated any woman he wanted in school. 16 at the time. I was told the head from neck up splattered the whole room. Very stupid and for a stupid reason.

• 1Solidarity

gak

<Gold Donor>
If he was bipolar though then it's not his fault, no matter how many hundreds of hours you spend getting them professional help/medication, one day you get the call that they jumped off a building, went through it with relatives.

r1.jpg

CaughtCross

Vyemm Raider

She never even saw the proposal before he killed himself. He was bipolar and probably going through a manic episode, the proposal was part of that episode and then he killed himself.

• 1Like

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
If he was bipolar though then it's not his fault, no matter how many hundreds of hours you spend getting them professional help/medication, one day you get the call that they jumped off a building, went through it with relatives.
lolwut? Bi-polarity is not a death sentence.

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm
He's been dealing with this for a VERY longtime. This is from his longtime ex-GF whom he dumped for a trollop.

Rude

Potato del Grande
Yeah, my ex only threatened to commit suicide, never once did it the three times she threatened to!
My old neighbor's ex did. Said she was going to kill herself if he didn't go over to her house. He called her "bluff", and she actually did. Dude was never the same after that. That was 4 or 5 years ago I think? Only time I saw that many police vehicles in the neighborhood too for that matter.

Quineloe

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Kind of sad when you read the replies on his tweet. Hundreds of people trolling then I’m sure he spoke with ex gf and he realized it was over over and that was the last straw on his psyche.

From what I'm reading by the time she even saw the proposal he had already killed himself. Which is even more fucked up. It was just the trolling.

Quineloe

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Yeah but as far as streaming is concerned, there's very little cost to failure. So what if the kid tops out at 50 viewers? It probably had super low opportunity cost (they were going to spend that time playing video games anyway) and they probably learned a bit about technology and also learned an important lesson about how branding yourself is difficult, speaking in front of others is harder than it looks, or maybe easier than it looks depending on their personality, etc.

Now, obviously it's different if they spend their entire 20s sitting in their basement to hit 50 viewers...

You're making it sound like 50 viewers is some sort of milestone a casual fun streamer can actually obtain.

On many games, that would make you a top 3 streamer and even on the top tier games with a hundred thousand viewers even now during offpeak that gets you into the first few rows of the list.

*this* is a screencap of the current LOL-index with 4 and 3 viewers. I can scroll down a lot more but the browser can barely handle this so I'm stopping here. Actually just three 4s and 3s (and not even all of them). There's a fuckload of 2s, 1s and 0s if I keep scrolling.

1593766669785.png

Notice the scroll bar on the right. This is a fuckload of streamers who are nowhere near that 50 viewer benchmark. ah crud now Chrome crashed.

That's the reality behind streaming yourself to success. It's even more visible than all those kids who didn't make it as a pro Football player or a pro Football player, because you can see them fail right now whereas the failed Football player plays and plays and plays and suddenly there's no followup contract and he's gone overnight.

50 viewers? You actually made it at that point.

• 6Like
Reactions: 5 users