Twitch.tv

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Which browser/extension is still blocking ads for you nerds? I was fine on firefox with TTVLOL for a while but something broke today it seems and I'm getting giga spammed with ads again

Uriel

Blackwing Lair Raider
Which browser/extension is still blocking ads for you nerds? I was fine on firefox with TTVLOL for a while but something broke today it seems and I'm getting giga spammed with ads again

I have these, haven't seen any ads for a long time.

twitchBlock.jpg

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Khane

Got something right about marriage
I feel like whether those extensions work or not to block ads is based largely on the region you are in (and possible what browser you use). None of those, in any combination, have ever worked for me. Ever.

• 1Truth!
Reactions: 1 user

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
The point of the LOL extensions is to proxy to different regions/countries so you don't get the ads as you described. Works while the servers are up but they do occasionally drop, or for example when twitch had issues loading streams last week they fixed the US first but international took longer. Meant that streams still wouldn't load until you turned off the LOL and enabled something else to handle ads (I did twitch alternative player for the day). UBO by itself doesn't handle twitch stuff until you link it to script urls that do.

Khane

Ive tried TTV Lol several times, the best experience I ever got out of it was one time it blocked ads for about 20 minutes.

Its inexplicable really, some people have always been able to use these extensions to block ads, and others of us have to suffer through ads no matter what we do. I've even tried a pi-hole setup with all these damn things in every combination possible

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
I don't get it. I've used chrome with uBlock origin and privacy badger forever and I never see ads on anything. I live in Texas. This doesn't work for you?

Khane

I don't get it. I've used chrome with uBlock origin and privacy badger forever and I never see ads on anything. I live in Texas. This doesn't work for you?

I mean... I guess I could move to Texas....

Seems more expensive than just paying for the twitch garbage that makes it so you never see ads ever on any channel though.

• 1Slow

Khane

Brave browser, never see Twitch ads. Or YouTube.

Tried this... might be working? Except this is an even bigger resource hog than Chrome and twitch streams end up spending time buffering every minute or so... Which may as well be an ad.

LiquidDeath

Magnus Deadlift the Fucktiger
Tried this... might be working? Except this is an even bigger resource hog than Chrome and twitch streams end up spending time buffering every minute or so... Which may as well be an ad.
I don't experience that buffering at all, so you might monkey around with the settings.

As for the resource hogging, I don't know of any browser these days that isn't a massive one so if they are all going to do it I might as well use a browser that isn't constantly trying to send my information to everyone at all times.

Burns

I don't experience that buffering at all, so you might monkey around with the settings.

As for the resource hogging, I don't know of any browser these days that isn't a massive one so if they are all going to do it I might as well use a browser that isn't constantly trying to send my information to everyone at all times.
Very rarely watch Twitch but Vivaldi doesn't seem to be resource hogging. When switching Twitch channels, my CPU goes from 2% or less usage to ~15%, until loaded in, then back down to below 5% average. I also have 60 tabs open which are using 1,800 MB of memory.

With only using Ublock Origins and NoScript, I seem to be getting ads though, but that seems to be fixable by an extra script linked a couple pages ago (?).

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
I never got the hype behind Pokimane. This is the second time, that I know of, where she has dome some really shady business shit. I just think companies take advantage of her idiocy to make a fast buck.

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Araxen

I never got the hype behind Pokimane. This is the second time, that I know of, where she has dome some really shady business shit. I just think companies take advantage of her idiocy to make a fast buck.

She is a hypocrite who I'd have no problems dumping my load on

• 1Worf

Leadsalad

Cis-XYite-Nationalist
I finally watched about 30 seconds of some clip of Poki talking.

How in the fuck can anyone stand her voice, mannerisms, outright social manipulative tendencies? I wanted to drop her from a third story roof.

• 3Like
  • 2Worf
Reactions: 4 users