Twitch.tv

jayrebb

Ssraeszha Raider
16,708
16,513
Ublock origin + Firefox still blocks twitch ads

It used to. Twitch went to war with adblock a little ways back. They rolled out different builds of the website for the purpose of breaking adblock. They had a whole back-and-forth with the Ublock community that went on for about a year. Someone would post a new script addon and then Twitch would break it. You can still customize Ublock Origin with scripts to block Twitch ads supposedly to this day. I stopped keeping up with it after the 3rd or 4th time I needed to update the script due to Twitch shifting how the website delivers the ads.
 

M Power

Potato del Grande
821
-1,149
It used to. Twitch went to war with adblock a little ways back. They rolled out different builds of the website for the purpose of breaking adblock. They had a whole back-and-forth with the Ublock community that went on for about a year. Someone would post a new script addon and then Twitch would break it. You can still customize Ublock Origin with scripts to block Twitch ads supposedly to this day. I stopped keeping up with it after the 3rd or 4th time I needed to update the script due to Twitch shifting how the website delivers the ads.
It's just another reason to never use Twitch. Ran by faggots for faggots.
 
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Fadaar

That guy
12,015
13,561
whatever setup I've got right now for adblockers works. every once in a blue moon the stream will stop and I gotta refresh but I'd rather it do that than see ads.
 

Burns

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
9,495
18,373
Guess I have clicked on too many Azmon videos, because this is what the YouTube algo thinks I want to watch. Thanks FoH...

2026-10-01 23.27.30 www.youtube.com dc33b1195a9d.png
 
  • 5Worf
Reactions: 4 users