Tyranny

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
I kinda think Kyros is more neutral than lawful evil. He has armies that represent law and chaos under his dictat in this story, so I dunno that I'm constantly trying to undermine him.

I'm siding with Scarlet Chorus as often as makes sense, siding with Dishonored when their options are more evil, but there are some morally ambiguous choices. Is it more evil to let a guy kill his hostage before you kill him, or is it more evil to goad him into attacking you, so he gets gang raped by the five other dudes around you? Is two deaths, one preventable, by definition more evil than goading an already certainly dead man into a futile attack so he gets brutally slaughtered? I can't decide, tbh. I figure most people would say two deaths, one preventable, is a greater evil. I dunno. I can see an argument for either being more evil.

At that point, its a coin toss, and I'll usually side with what may benefit my character most down the road, which has always been more my definition of chaotic evil: Someone who does what they perceive is in their best interest.

Caliane

Golden Baronet of the Realm
well a Tyrant, and everyone that works for them is basically the definition of lawful evil.
That said, yes the head of a Tyranny/Dictatorship could be lawful or neutral. Since the laws don't really apply to them. probably the main difference. if they follow their own laws. lawful. if they make everyone follow the laws, but don't themselves, neutral. Chaotic evil head is possible.. but unlikely. they basically need a figurehead/2nd in command to keep things organized, while they go off murdering subordinates left and right..

The base premise is of you as an enforcer. judge, jury, executioner of Kyros's law. Being chaotic in such a role is definitely hard. its directly against the base job, of you working for someone else, to enforce the laws of Kyros.. So yeah, entirely corrupt and self interested, undermining the law and stability, as you see fit.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
The problem being that if you're undermining the evil overlord, that kinda makes you the good guy.

This is why I like this game lol. The world needs more moral ambiguity in its games.

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
So I started playing Divinity Original Sin because of this and realized I need to play it. It's pretty fun so far but I am already stuck on what to do. I have two dudes that are level 3. I don't want to muck up this thread. Do we have a D:OS thread?

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Just started and I love the dynamic between the two armies. My only fear (currently) is that you gimp yourself if you don't go all in for one side or the other.

Like happens in some similar games. Also, what is the OP shitlord combo in terms of classes so far?

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
I loved D:OS and enjoyed Pillars also, although I preferred the straight turn-based combat of D:OS over Pillars real time with pause...eventually I didn't finish Pillars because of the combat.

I enjoy the story and lore in this one, but even after just a few hours I'm already feeling the same way I was feeling toward the combat as I was feeling at the end of Pillars which is not a good sign. I'm thinking about lowering the difficulty to the lowest just to enjoy the story and essentially not have to micro-manage the combat.

Caliane

So I started playing Divinity Original Sin because of this and realized I need to play it. It's pretty fun so far but I am already stuck on what to do. I have two dudes that are level 3. I don't want to muck up this thread. Do we have a D:OS thread?
several.

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
Also if anyone has any advice on the low humming sound my mic keeps making (I presume its the mic), lemme know, because I really wanna reduce or remove that. Its not too bad from what I can tell, but I want to make it less bad than it is.

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
Also if anyone has any advice on the low humming sound my mic keeps making (I presume its the mic), lemme know, because I really wanna reduce or remove that. Its not too bad from what I can tell, but I want to make it less bad than it is.

You likely have it listening, or you have multiple outs/ins on, try setting whatever you are using as default and disable the rest.

• 1Like

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Sounds like the input gain is too high and it's picking up background noise. Either get a noise cancelling mic or reduce the gain (especially the +20dB checkbox) in Windows/Realtek/whatever audio settings. If the volume is too low you can just increase it on the output side.

• 1Like

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
Awesome, thanks guys. I'll look into it now. I already did what Hatorade suggested, actually, just a few minutes ago.

Daidraco

Im pretty deep into the storyline so far. To my relief, some abilities feel like they actually "do" something to the enemy now. Knocking enemies down and having my group mate stab them is pretty awesome (if theyre eligible targets anyways). The story finally hooked into me when I betrayed the Disfavored, the Scarlet Chorus and Kyros. Once I did that, I couldnt put it down. Im not entirely sure why, but in the intro-conquest dialogue options, the Blade Storm Edict that crushed the Stonewall Fortress really resonated with me, too.

Two pieces of advice, if you're even presented the option to keep or "take" something away, dont even be afraid of the consequence. I missed the helm, but since then - Ive just been me me me me me and I have yet to be punished. Second piece of advice, is if you're used to more action oriented games like me - at least "try" to give this game a chance. Its a good f'n game so far.

• 1Like

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
Alright I think I reduced that buzzing sound pretty much to nil, so gonna start making some more episodes today. Probably try to do 2-3.

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
Scratch that, going to re-record the episode and re-upload it, realized you can't hear the game much in it at all. Think I figured out why.

Last edited:

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>

Redone version of episode 3. Going to start working on Episode 4 now. Sorry for the delay anyone who gives a shit.

As always, any feedback is welcome.

• 1Like

Valishar

Molten Core Raider
Seems like the game is a 20 hour playthrough, kind of short for this type of thing. Although this has more replayability than usual since there are so many different choices you can make.

Skanda

I'm Amod too!
I got 23 hours out of my first playthrough. The ending felt very abrupt to me. You spend the first two acts with all this build up and then the third act only takes an hour or two to finish.

The edicts felt very underwhelming as well and the ending where Kyros just wanders off after you can a single edict to stop him feels bad too me. It's very obviously set up for a DLC or second game.

bytes

Molten Core Raider
The Voices guy is pissing me off so much, it was a big relief to tell him to go and fuck himself. I just wish the whole 'judge' aspect would actually be more prominent, when I started I thought my character was given actual power to overrule their dumbass decisions and get things working again.
But then you end bowing to a bunch of idiots; one faction constantly wanting to kill everyone off and move on, the other picking up every poor sucker they can find to fuel their perverse psycho meat grinder. Where is the supposed order Kyros is to bring to the Tiers.

• 1Smuggly

Skanda

I'm Amod too!
But then you end bowing to a bunch of idiots; one faction constantly wanting to kill everyone off and move on, the other picking up every poor sucker they can find to fuel their perverse psycho meat grinder. Where is the supposed order Kyros is to bring to the Tiers.

The story does cover this eventually.

Kyros sent two Generals he knew couldn't stand each other or work together because he wants them to fight. With the Tiers being conquered Kyros doesn't need massive armies or Generals that could threaten his rule so he wants this civil war so the situation takes care of itself.