Ubisoft's site hacked - change your passwords

Sean_sl

shitlord
http://www.gametrailers.com/side-mis...assword-change

https://support.ubi.com/en-GB/FAQ.as...0000000eYYxCAM

What can I do to secure my account?
We are recommending all our users change their passwords. Password can be changed by clickingthis link. We also recommend that you change your password on any other Web site or service where you use the same or a similar password. Please note that no personal payment information is stored with Ubisoft, meaning your payment details were not at risk from this intrusion.

How did this happen? Which website was exploited? Where did it come from?
Credentials were stolen and used to illegally access our online network. We can?t go into specifics for security reasons.

Has any of my personal data been compromised?
The intruder was able to access account data including user names, email addresses and encrypted password. To our knowledge, no other personal information (phone numbers, physical addresses etc. was accessed). No personal payment information is stored with Ubisoft, meaning your credit/debit card information was not at risk from this intrusion.

What is an encrypted password?
Passwords are not stored in clear-text but as an obfuscated value. Those cannot be reversed but could be cracked, in particular if the password chosen is weak. This is the reason we are recommending our users to change their password.

Has any of my financial data been compromised?
No personal payment information is stored with Ubisoft, meaning your credit/debit card information was not at risk from this intrusion.

Which measures did you take following this incident?
We instantly took steps to close off this access, to begin a thorough investigation with relevant authorities, internal and external security experts, and to restore the integrity of any compromised systems.

Do you plan to take additional security measures in the future? Is there a risk of this happening again?
Ubisoft?s security teams are exploring all available means to expand and strengthen our security measures in order to better protect our customers. Unfortunately, no company or organisation is completely immune to these kinds of criminal attacks.

Is it related to other recent hacks faced by other gaming companies?
There is no evidence that this intrusion is related to any other game company?s previous security incidents.

Was it Uplay that was hacked? Were its servers hacked?
No, the attack did not originate via any Uplay services, the intrusion targeted some of our online systems.

Have other Ubisoft systems been affected? Will your games? online stability be affected by the attack?
We instantly begin working to restore the integrity of any compromised systems and are continuing to investigate the incident. The uptime and stability of our games? online services were not affected by this intrusion.

Seananigans

Honorary Shit-PhD
<Gold Donor>
For the life of me I can't think of why I got this email. What the fuck would I have played recently that required some sort of Ubisoft account?

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Sounds like they got the passwords in an encrypted format. I'm not too worried.

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
For the life of me I can't think of why I got this email. What the fuck would I have played recently that required some sort of Ubisoft account?
Anything on U-Play ... Far Cry 3? Assassin's Creed 3?

What I do know about Ubisoft is that so far they're the only company to care that I've illegally downloaded software with their name on it.. they forwarded info to Comcast and now I'm on a 2 strike rule and then my service is dissolved forever.

Seananigans

Honorary Shit-PhD
<Gold Donor>
Anything on U-Play ... Far Cry 3? Assassin's Creed 3?
Nah, it has to be an account from a million years ago, I don't even know what the fuck U-Play is. Which also means I have no clue what password I had on there. Oh well whatever, it's probably just the hash anyway.

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
What I do know about Ubisoft is that so far they're the only company to care that I've illegally downloaded software with their name on it.. they forwarded info to Comcast and now I'm on a 2 strike rule and then my service is dissolved forever.
Quit pirating their stuff?

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
Well, then get ready to switch to dial up
smile.png

Also... Comcast won't dissolve your account. That's media sensationalism. They will continue to give you alerts. I would guess after about 56 of them they may want to call you to see if you wear Jack Sparrow outfits in the middle of the night.

Well, then get ready to switch to dial up
smile.png

Also... Comcast won't dissolve your account. That's media sensationalism. They will continue to give you alerts. I would guess after about 56 of them they may want to call you to see if you wear Jack Sparrow outfits in the middle of the night.
i'll tell you right now my wife was none to happy to see the email. i think she legitimately believed i was involved in some sort of theft/scam aside from pirating a game.

Kreugen

Vyemm Raider
I started to check, then remembered that I've pirated every Ubisoft game I've ever played.

TecKnoe

Molten Core Raider
how did they even know? lol ive pirated every AC game.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
I go out of my way to pirate every ubisoft game even if I have no real intention to play it.