Ubisoft's site hacked - change your passwords

lindz

#DDs
Nah, it has to be an account from a million years ago, I don't even know what the fuck U-Play is. Which also means I have no clue what password I had on there. Oh well whatever, it's probably just the hash anyway.
I'm in the same boat. No idea what I have an account for. I don't play any of those games.

Sean_sl

shitlord
Uplay started in 2009 with Assassin's Creed 2:http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Uplay

Note that if you played these on a console you possibly had created a Ubisoft account to link to them for shit, it's not just a PC thing. Games:

Anno 2070
Assassin's Creed II
Assassin's Creed III
Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag
Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood
Assassin's Creed: Multiplayer Rearmed
Assassin's Creed: Project Legacy
Assassin's Creed: Recollection
Assassin's Creed: Revelations
Avengers: Battle for Earth
Beowulf: The Game
Brothers in Arms: Furious 4
Call of Juarez: The Cartel
Driver: San Francisco
ESPN Sports Connection
Far Cry 3
Far Cry 3: Blood Dragon
From Dust
Just Dance 3 (Xbox 360 version only)
Just Dance 4
Might & Magic Heroes VI
Might & Magic Heroes VI: Shades of Darkness
Might & Magic X: Legacy
MotionSports
MotionSports Adrenaline
My Fitness Coach Club
Prince of Persia: The Forgotten Sands
PowerUp Heroes
Pure Football
R.U.S.E.
Rabbids Land
Raving Rabbids: Alive & Kicking
Rayman Legends
Shaun White Skateboarding
Silent Hunter 5: Battle of the Atlantic
The Adventures of Tintin: The Secret of the Unicorn
The Crew
The Settlers 7: Paths to a Kingdom
Tom Clancy's H.A.W.X. 2
Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon: Future Soldier
Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell: Blacklist
Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell: Conviction
Tom Clancy's The Division
Trials Evolution: Gold Edition
Toys'R'Us Towers
Watch Dogs
Your Shape: Fitness Evolved
Your Shape: Fitness Evolved 2012
Your Shape: Fitness Evolved 2013
ZombiU

Sean_sl

shitlord
I still think this is intentional.
That would be in *very* poor taste. I don't think Ubisoft's marketing team would sink to EA levels of stupid (hi Dante's Inferno marketing).

I'd wager that it's more likely that someone who hates their draconian, retarded as fuck DRM system decided to fuck with them.

Gromit

Golden Knight of the Realm
I've avoided UPlay since it came out and I have no idea why I got an email from them.

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Oh ones someone hacked my Uplay account. lol I could care two fucks less about it.

Shaod

Trakanon Raider
Sounds like they got the passwords in an encrypted format. I'm not too worried.
I'm not sure if this is sarcasm or not, but in a lot of people will actually think this way. In reality unless Ubisoft went far beyond industry standard for storing hashes these passwords are now in the public domain, and are individually linked to your email address, account name and possibly real name (they didn't specify that). Whether that's a big deal depends on if you recycle passwords or not (although the vast majority do).

Wyrmtalon_sl

shitlord
Nah, it has to be an account from a million years ago, I don't even know what the fuck U-Play is. Which also means I have no clue what password I had on there. Oh well whatever, it's probably just the hash anyway.
Same here. Did they buy out some other online gaming company maybe? Otherwise, I don't recall ever having dealt with them before.