Ultima Online Forever - UO Forever - Launches 01/18

Joeboo

Molten Core Raider
Yep, been playing the last couple hours. Working on my archer/mage. No clue if that is as effective a combo as it was back in the early days of UO but fuck it, it's what I'm good at
smile.png

Keekles

Trakanon Raider
Played this all night, the skill gain is pretty nice when you're in the dungeons. Unless I'm missing something this game has shit loot tables for hard dungeon mobs. Literally no gold and just bags of food and clothing. What the fuck. It's almost like they don't want us in the dungeons. People are making money somehow though, I saw the first house go up (63K) like 2 hours after launch.

Strifen

Molten Core Raider
So did this launch?

I'm busy today but I wanted to get in on launch day so bad.
Yeah it launched right on schedule.

Played this all night, the skill gain is pretty nice when you're in the dungeons. Unless I'm missing something this game has shit loot tables for hard dungeon mobs. Literally no gold and just bags of food and clothing. What the fuck. It's almost like they don't want us in the dungeons. People are making money somehow though, I saw the first house go up (63K) like 2 hours after launch.
What happened is when the server mobs got repopulated on launch the first mobs to spawn didn't have any gold on them, if you were one of the first to kill a mob just wait around for it respawn and it should have gold. The people with houses so far have been larger guilds holding down dragon spawns in destard.

Here's a summary of launch night from the server Admin.

What can i say guys?
I have been told by mutliple old-school, multi-server, played the hypest of the hypest types that this community is by FAR the best, most helpful, mature, and creative. By creative i mean, you have created the original aspect of the nostalgia that is OSI.

As i teleport around watching people try out different things to further their characters and skills i have seen some stuff that i have no seen in years. 15 players forming a Bone wall in the newbie dungeon(recorded video, will be up soon), players taming horses and selling them to new-comers, players attempting to trade first day login items etc.

Like i have said before,UltimaOnlineForevergives you the tools, but ultimately it is up to the players (YOU) to create your own experience. For the first 9 hours you guys have done an OUTSANDING job doing so.
So far we have 610 accounts created on the first 9 hours, we have had amazing activity, every dungeon is packed, every monster is being killed, people are hungry. It is good to see.

I would like to note we MUST be the first shard in a long, long time to not crash upon launching AT ALL. This is a direct result of our year of beta testing, etc. We had one restart to edit some skill gains as well as change the starting loot pack to not give the launch day items. If you were not here on launch day, that is the loss.

Going further: We will be contacting BETA testers that found direct bugs and large bugs to talk to them further on their gaminig experience so far. We will be editing skill gain slightly through tht weekend and next week here, some skill gains are very slow while others are very fast PLEASE NOTE:

SKILL GAIN:
Make sure you are filled up with food/not thirsty.
Make sure your not in town to gain skill (large minus bonus)
Try to do it in a dungeon (large skill bonuses)
If you do it in a dungeon PLUS on a create/mob its even more bonus.
Do not macro on another PC/Yourself/Followers(minus bonus).

All in all, if your in town, macroing on another player your going to gain exceptionally slower. If it's very slow do not get discouraged, we created most to be MORE slow than normal at first, we will work on it from here. Skills such as provo/music/taming/lore/smith/taming/inscribe/alchy/carp (craft/pvm heavy skills) have been designed to be VERY hard to gain. This is because once completed, or GM'd or legendaried, they are incredibly powerful. It is all about the long term goals and i hope everyone sees that.

So far after 6 hours there has been:
1 black dye tub found (unique loot)
1 skinned deer found (server birth)
1 full jars found (monthly)
1 tall candle (daily)
1 jar found (random loot)

and 4 small houses places (all by guilds who merged their gold together).

Once agian,
You guys as an entire community have been MORE than incredible. Anyone who's played other servers would whole heartidly agree, i have seen more helpfull people than i have in a long time. Watching the Bone wall in the newbie dungeon and some of the crazy stuff i have seen really made me feel like i was back playing OSI and brought alot of the nostalgia back for me, at least. That is priceless, priceless. So thank you guys, and lets get this community to continue to grow in the great way it has, band together, don't let random trollers get you down, and continue doing what your doing. You will ultimately makeUltimaOnlineForevera success.

Thanks you so much,
Shane
Brian
Trystan
Robin

Friday

Lord Nagafen Raider
Awesome.

I'm going to jump into the community. Sound a little bit better than IPY at launch.

Mures

Blackwing Lair Raider
Initial plans are for a few of us, in the group I'm playing with, to roll characters with Lumberjacking/Bowery, Fletching as it appears this is the fastest way to make gold with a starting character. I will be doing this until our guild has the gold to buy a vendor house (hopefully at the Yew moongate) and then buy myself a mining house and work on my first characters which will be Crafters. Then once I have a decent Blacksmith/Alchemist/Inscriber I will work on my mage.
What guild? I'd be willing to donate towards a vendor house if yall are looking for more ppl.

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
Having never played this it sounds pretty complicated with all the class/skill systems particularly being a PVP game. No one wants to focus on some gimp combo in a pvp game. Can someone give a little run down for anyone that might be interested in trying it?

Joeboo

Molten Core Raider
The UOForeversite has a few videos on the basics of the game and getting started with combat, crafting, and housing

http://www.uoforever.com/guides.php

However, as far as what builds are the most powerful, I honestly couldn't tell you. I quit playing UO a little bit before some of the features in this version were added. When I played, archery/magery was the defacto choice for PKs and fighting them, but I hear that some melee builds work well now, as well as unarmed/wrestling + magery. I don't know the specifics of all that yet.

The good news is, you're never tied into one skill. Say you max out a skill like archery, and then something changes and you decide you don't like it anymore, you can flag it to decay(lose skill points) as you raise some other skill. So even though there is a skill point cap, once you hit it you definitely aren't set in stoneforeverwith that character, you can always reduce current skills to raise others if you change your mind.

Basically though, you can't do everything with one character. You need to specialize with a couple characters(assuming you have any interest in crafting...and you should) I have my archer/mage character that does fletching to make my bows/ammunition(and a basic amount of lumberjacking to gather wood), but then my 2nd character is a miner/blacksmith for eventually making high-end armor and weapons. You can basically only max out 7 skills with any character (700pt cap), so you do need to specialize a bit. My mage/archer I plan on maxing archery, tactics(goes with every combat skill), anatomy(goes with every combat skill), magery, spell resist, evaluate intelligence(enhances spell damage), and fletching as my 7.

Strifen

Molten Core Raider
So there's a skill cap of 700 meaning you can 7 x GM skills (100 value). Stats are capped at 225 stats so common stats for this era for a mage are 90/45/90 or 90/35/100. If you are wanting to make a mage there are 5 skills that is pretty much as must have known as the 5x mage skills: Eval Int, Wrestling, Magery, Resist, and Meditation. At that point you have options for the last two skills depending on what you want to get.

Alchemy will make your potions stronger in combat
Inscription will increase the duration and effectiveness of your buff/armor spells
Anatomy will give you the chance to stun punch combined with wrestling
Healing will let you use bandages and increase your survivability.

For this era my pvp char is going to have the 5x mage skills and then anatomy for stun punch and scribe for buffing magic reflect and what not. If you're first starting out you should create a char with like 50 healing/50resist magic, use some of the gold in your bank to train a weapon skill at the blacksmith and buy some basic weapons/armor and start hitting up the GY outside of Brit or other spawns to up your weapon skills, once you can kill ettins/earth ele's what what not in Despise/Shame you can get yourself going.

Lithose

Buzzfeed Editor
For this era my pvp char is going to have the 5x mage skills and then anatomy for stun punch and scribe for buffing magic reflect and what not. If you're first starting out you should create a char with like 50 healing/50resist magic, use some of the gold in your bank to train a weapon skill at the blacksmith and buy some basic weapons/armor and start hitting up the GY outside of Brit or other spawns to up your weapon skills, once you can kill ettins/earth ele's what what not in Despise/Shame you can get yourself going.
I wonder if there are enough players to form the bone knight wall..

Dantre_sl

shitlord
Having an absolute blast over here.

Era wise it's nailed what I loved about UO.

and yeah, I saw a bonewall going in Deceit -- good stuff.

Lich lord room has way too many effin mobs though.

Rhuma_sl

shitlord
I logged in, ran to brit bank and saw people riding polar bears? what the fuck man...I was a little surprised at the gayness and logged. Didn't really even give it a chance.

Ultimais my favorite mmo, my first and will always be the best.

I would give it a shot if someone can tell me how far into the bad decisions OSI made, did this server go. Renaissance is kind of foggy to me and I never even seen someone ride a polar bear for that matter in the entire time I played (which was launch to the gayness of trammel) but the problem I remember was yeah, they added stuns and disables and shit to melee combat but it made melee's a fucking whirlwind of destruction with deadly poisoned weapons on anyone who wasn't a 7x gm sword mage and even then, you better have a good connection because it only takes about 3-5 hits on a katana to ruin your day when you have to cure poison to be able to heal.

Rhuma_sl

shitlord
Just like to give some feedback on the server.

It blows donkey dick and I would rather ride around on neon bugs with a glacial staff sexting on brit bank than to continue my efforts on this trammelite shitpile of a server disguised as felucca.

If you're looking for a cure for the UO itch and your taste is similar to mine... UOsecondage.com has seen a spike of 250-300 players recently and is peaking over 800 clients (around 500-600 unique IP addresses) set in t2a era(obviously)

Thats where I ended up.

Strifen

Molten Core Raider
Each to their own, I've played secondage its a decent server but the pvp mechanics on that server are complete dogshit all in a name of appeasing "era accuracy". That server is actually far more tramelliete because the pvp mechanics are so bad its like nearly impossible to kill somebody if they don't want to be killed. Also there's a LOT of great content missing that will never be implemented because they are so strict with being 100% era accurate.

I'll stick with UOForeverthanks. It's a UOR server so approx 2000-2001 time period, the point when the game had the best content and stuff to do (champ spawns, BODS, rares, best pvp mechanics, new dungeons, faction system) before it all went to crap.

Rhuma_sl

shitlord
The skill gain is stupid fast, I shouldn't have gotten Taming to almost 90 in less than 24 hours. getting .5-.7 per gain is far too much and I feel like within a few weeks people will be bored(me) with nothing to do besides play the sims with houses.

I dont see anything wrong per se with the era, it's all the little fucking things they decided to "make the game better."

At least with UOT2A you know a month down the road you're not going to have your game destroyed with whatever the armchair developers on the forums decide to introduce to the server.

What the fuck is a bola?

Strifen

Molten Core Raider
Are you sure you're logging into the right server, I kinda doubt you are? The highest taming is some guy at 93 and he's been grinding it non stop since release, you definitely aren't getting .5-.7 per gain on taming here. Bolas are a crafted item introduced into UOR that lets you dismount somebody, I'm glad they're out here, they put a lot of power in the hands of zergs and tamers.

Sir Funk

Lord Nagafen Raider
If anyone sees Sir or Ser Funk around don't gank me please
smile.png

Been having a blast so far. Taming is definitely a lot harder than that Rhuma, idk maybe you're joining the test server or something? Skill gain has been relatively fast for my combat skills (in a dungeon), but taming is nothing like that on this server.