Ultima Online Forever - UO Forever - Launches 01/18

Blackyce

Silver Knight of the Realm
UOForeverFAQ

This server has been in beta for about a year and is finally launching this friday the 18th at 6pm est.

Server is based around, but not limited to theUltimaOnline: Renaissance ERA.

Check it out.

Sneeto

Golden Squire
UOForeverFAQ

This server has been in beta for about a year and is finally launching this friday the 18th at 5pm est.

Server is based around, but not limited to theUltimaOnline: Renaissance ERA.

Check it out.
Thanks for posting this, I played IPY2 not long ago and it was a blast to play with my brother. Had a lot of fun but it was t2a only, so no good bonuses for the melee lovers out there. It was pure mage domination, which some may like, but I didnt. Renn brought good balance back to melee for pvp, but destroyed itself by introducing trammel.

One thing I noticed on IPY2 is there were a LOT of thieves running around, just to grief and steal your bandages while you fought monsters and stuff. They only did it for pure griefing purposes, back in the real UO days there werent as many griefers. There were PK's would who straight up kill you, but very few thieves. Nothing is more annoying having a blue, non flagged thief follow you around stealing your stuff, when you can do nothing to retaliate, otherwise you get flagged. Hopefully there wont be an influx of them here too haha.

krismunich

<Silver Donator>
? 2012UltimaOnlineForever: AnUltimaOnlineRenaissance [UO:R] Server
Some images and content are copyrightUltimaOnline? 2012 EA Games
Electronic Arts Inc.
Is this really *officially* tolerated by EA? The website looks pretty official but I want to be sure before I invest time

Kyn

Trakanon Raider
Thanks for the post, I will definitely be checking it out. I miss the UO days.

Sneeto

Golden Squire
To the couple who said they'd be playing -

What are your plans? PvM char, crafter, PK, PvP faction char?

yraapt_sl

shitlord
Sounds tempting. Anyone play the beta? Is the primary focus here on PVP? I'm sure I would be far behind the curve. I'd rather not spend all my time as a ghost

Blackyce

Sounds tempting. Anyone play the beta? Is the primary focus here on PVP? I'm sure I would be far behind the curve. I'd rather not spend all my time as a ghost
It's UO. Some people will say the primary focus is PvP but for me, it can be either PvP or PvE since UO has one of the better PvE models of most MMO's.

The server is set in the time period of about UO:R with a number of additions. Also, the server is Felucia (PvP) no Trammel (PvE only) and does not have the T2A lands.

Yes you can be killed while PvEing.

Interestingly, the guys I play with were talking about this last night. In the old FFA games like UO and AC: Darktide there used to be PK's, Anti's and Neutrals. Now with a game like Darkfall, there are no more Neutrals or Anti's, everyone is just a PK. We were trying to brainstorm why and think this cme to be probably because the focus of the game is all about PvPing, unlike UO and AC. I know that on EMU server UOSecondAge, set to UO just after T2A, it's not all about ganking people, it's about community and I'm really hoping that this shard turns into something very similar.

Blackyce

To the couple who said they'd be playing -

What are your plans? PvM char, crafter, PK, PvP faction char?
Initial plans are for a few of us, in the group I'm playing with, to roll characters with Lumberjacking/Bowery, Fletching as it appears this is the fastest way to make gold with a starting character. I will be doing this until our guild has the gold to buy a vendor house (hopefully at the Yew moongate) and then buy myself a mining house and work on my first characters which will be Crafters. Then once I have a decent Blacksmith/Alchemist/Inscriber I will work on my mage.

Ghidorah

Trakanon Raider
Wouldn't mind dipping my toes in UO again, haven't played since Adam Ant's server six or seven years ago.

Wonder if you can do the old purple pot trick where you drop a crate of them and then blow them all up at once.

Joeboo

Molten Core Raider
So tempting...

Might have to get my friends together who I used to play UO with and do some old-school trap boxing. We used to put a deadly-poisoned chest on a noob character with no gear. Annoy/steal from someone until we went grey and they could beat the noob character down. When the body was looted by the killer they would attempt to open the box(the only item in the inventory) and become poisoned so bad they'd die within seconds. Call in your friends from just offscreen to loot the body dry and run for the hills. Rinse & repeat as often as you can find a sucker for the scam.

Good times
smile.png

krismunich

<Silver Donator>
So tempting but I saw a lot of these "free" UO servers go up and disappear again - most of them because people do not invest much time in maintenance and support after the initial rush dried out. UO would be the perfect game for me to go f2p. I seriously would buy stuff from whatever fancy shop they come up with, I just don't want to subscribe to UO on a monthly basis these days. But I guess the code is too old, that thing must have been written in modula ii or worse back then.

This is going live in less than 3 hours. I'm gonna PK people like crazy for about 2 weeks then quit. Launches are so much fun.

Edit: Damn, young status shattering my plan.

Mures

Blackwing Lair Raider
Former Sheriff of Trinsic on Sonoma server and indian on SP server here, I may give this a shot.

Edit - I just tried dling the client from their website and its giving me an error in the .rar file when unzipping and won't open.

Strifen

Molten Core Raider
Former Sheriff of Trinsic on Sonoma server and indian on SP server here, I may give this a shot.

Edit - I just tried dling the client from their website and its giving me an error in the .rar file when unzipping and won't open.
Try to re-download again maybe, the client is pretty damn compressed and small bump in your internet can cause a corrupted file. I just downloaded and installed and it was easy.

Friday

Lord Nagafen Raider
So did this launch?

I'm busy today but I wanted to get in on launch day so bad.