Ultima Online - IPY3 release 2013

Friday

Lord Nagafen Raider
For all your UO needs:

http://inporylem.com/

I played IPY2.0 as a Detective at launch. It was pretty awesome putting murderers in jail.

While being a detective was a minor facet in IPY, it was pretty fun. Here's an old video with no sound I uploaded a while back. Yea, its a but fuzzy. Here's the gist:

2 famous red's streaming their kills charge into a dungeon and start ganking. I send Bounty Hunters (OP as fuck horse riding cowboys). If they kill you I get all your stuff (the victims stuff also) and you go to jail.

Now IPY3.0 is coming out.

Friday

Lord Nagafen Raider
'll check it out. The hate against detectives / myself was quite large on IPY. Suddenly having consequences from having a kill count meant something.

I put in $5 once to the donation shop but holy shit you had guys dumping loads of money into it for cosmetic stuff. IPY saw 2200 people at one point. Sure some were probably boxes. I haven't played anytime recently but I did hear it went down.

Edit - Talk about broken I once put a guy from ORCS in jail and his timer was something like 2 weeks. 2 weeks of in game time of idling afk. This was before you could escape or break out. He either just straight out quit or Sen just pulled him out.

Caliane

'll check it out. The hate against detectives / myself was quite large on IPY. Suddenly having consequences from having a kill count meant something.

I put in $5 once to the donation shop but holy shit you had guys dumping loads of money into it for cosmetic stuff. IPY saw 2200 people at one point. Sure some were probably boxes. I haven't played anytime recently but I did hear it went down.

Edit - Talk about broken I once put a guy from ORCS in jail and his timer was something like 2 weeks. 2 weeks of in game time of idling afk. This was before you could escape or break out. He either just straight out quit or Sen just pulled him out.
this is the problem. a good full pvp system will have strong checks and balances. Jackasses don't like checks and balances.
Safe zones and shit is of course the easy way. And certainly kindof cheesy.

An ideal game would have reasons for older players to want to defend lower players. New players should be a resource really.
UO was great, but did not have alot of this stuff fully thought out.

I liked the idea of the skill gain system with the scrolls. It was a little annoying how you could game the system, but macroing is fucking retarded and only had any sort of following because of the history of the game and emulation. I was disappointed that development stalled and some of the planned features never made it in while other features were buggy and went unfixed for a long time. What really killed it for me was that they offered in-game items for money. I don't have a problem with real money transactions per se, but I don't like them profiting off other people's work and having the gall to call it a donation.

I think the notion of empowering the players to dispense justice was a good one, but the implementation was imperfect.

Dumar_sl

shitlord
This is the best-looking MMO announced in a long time. Such an exciting time to be a part of this amazing industry.

Big Flex

Fitness Fascist
So torn. I love UO, fucking love it. IPY1 was baller. After reading the thread, and experiencing a brief spike of excitement I concluded I probably won't play it.

Maybe, just maybe, I have grown out of UO once and for all. Its the end of an era, gentlemen. Kind of makes me sad that I'll never PK someone in UO ever again.

To save you some time macroing, grinding shit on a mule to GM magery and buy a house... Razor and mashing its target closest macro ruined UO. It really isn't fun anymore.

African

Golden Knight of the Realm
So torn. I love UO, fucking love it. IPY1 was baller. After reading the thread, and experiencing a brief spike of excitement I concluded I probably won't play it.

Maybe, just maybe, I have grown out of UO once and for all. Its the end of an era, gentlemen. Kind of makes me sad that I'll never PK someone in UO ever again.

To save you some time macroing, grinding shit on a mule to GM magery and buy a house... Razor and mashing its target closest macro ruined UO. It really isn't fun anymore.
Pretty sure Az pulled his head out of his ass this time and disabled target closest. Doesn't fix the EUO script kids with the targeting scripts, but it's a start. I'll be playing on IPY 3 again, but don't have high hopes for longevity.

Lenaldo

Had a lot of fun on IPY1 but I dont know about UO anymore. I feel like without the sheep it is just no the same. And unfortunately I don't see sheep playing UO when there are so many more friendlier games out there.

I'll probably log on for release... it seems like every time they change something its worse (detectives were stupid on ipy2).. and the targeting scripts make pre ren PvP lame.

Strifen

Molten Core Raider
Targeting scripts are just as lame on UOR shards as well, for the most part though, as someone who's pvp'd in one of the top guilds and has known/pvp'd with other top t2a guilds the amount of people using targeting scripts is actually quite low. People have just gotten really good over the years, our guild was constantly accused of synch scripts but we never used them once. I think You'll find more cheaters in the Hybrid/UOR scene with people running hacked sallos clients and such though.

African

Targeting scripts are just as lame on UOR shards as well, for the most part though, as someone who's pvp'd in one of the top guilds and has known/pvp'd with other top t2a guilds the amount of people using targeting scripts is actually quite low. People have just gotten really good over the years, our guild was constantly accused of synch scripts but we never used them once. I think You'll find more cheaters in the Hybrid/UOR scene with people running hacked sallos clients and such though.
Strifen what guild do you run with?

Rhuma_sl

shitlord
Man, 8pm on a friday night? Shits gonna be a zoo!

Theres really only one goal on launch day of a UO shard: mass enough gold to plop a house down in the best spot possible.

Now what the "best" spot is, is totally up for debate.

Is it outside despise? Outside Deciet? Right outside the britain stables? Moongates? If moongates, which moongate? Britain moongate, maybe moonglow?

Do you chop trees til your eyes bleed and make crossbows? Is tailoring fancy shirts the way it was pre-t2a? Will you become the first and most renown blacksmith with your name on every weapon of every blue and red? Who will run this bitch? Who will talk the most shit and gank every encounter?

Ultima Online is the best MMO ever made, the free shards just try so hard to "fix" the inherent stagnation of an MMO, which is the single biggest flaw in all MMOs. Stagnation or bloated corpse, it doesn't matter, no game has found the answer, so just enjoy it for as long as it lasts.

When a new UO server opens, a server that does have some publicity/nostalgia, you better fucking play it, because it will be the best time in this genre for a long time and you will definitely miss out on something that is desperately needed right now in this MMO lull. (the next big thing)

Cry about EUO scripts or some bullshit client hacks but you're ruining it for yourself. Spend the next week hyping yourself up on what you're gonna do, what your template will be, the goals you want to achieve and hopefully meet some people that are gonna play too because a friend in UO is invaluable and makes everything so much better, from amassing resources to ganking, to preventing ganks.

My first MMO was UO, I moved to EQ when it launched and went down the long path of MMO's like most of you guys. Asherons call, DAOC, WoW, rift etc etc.

Nothing makes me feel like UO does.

Friday

Lord Nagafen Raider
I dropped into IPY 2.0 at launch. I will say that it was pretty fuckin awesome. Everyone spawned onto one spot then the hordes took off to go do their thing. Within minutes there was a house ploppped down rght above the graveyard.

Sir Funk

Lord Nagafen Raider
Will definitely play. Nothing in gaming will compare to the next 1-2 months.

Stealth archer crew could be fun this time around...

African

Moved launch to 1/31/14 to finish polishing up a few things. Will be worth the wait. The first few months of a new UO server launch are nostalgic.