Ultima Online - IPY3 release 2013

Rhuma_sl

shitlord
Insider information told me that half the server features aren't even coded yet and those that are coded are a buggy mess.

Azeroth hired a bunch of random people he doesn't even know to staff it and it will more than likely lead to corruption.

Sad days, i was excited too.

Citz

Silver Squire
Why are there relaunches of the shard? Why does he need to recode everything?

Friday

Lord Nagafen Raider
Not sure.

What I can attest to was that there were some people on IPY2 that donated a loooooooooot of irl cash.

Ryanz

<Banned>
Is Az still running this thing? If answer is yes....then don't be surprised it's a complete mess.

African

Golden Knight of the Realm
Insider information told me that half the server features aren't even coded yet and those that are coded are a buggy mess.

Azeroth hired a bunch of random people he doesn't even know to staff it and it will more than likely lead to corruption.

Unfortunate that you need to bad mouth based on speculation. 99% of the server features work fine and are not buggy. I'm in beta and can attest to the majority of everything is working properly. I haven't tested their new portals because building a dungeon doesn't interest me, but the core mechanics and PvP are working near flawless.

Rhuma_sl

shitlord
Unfortunate that you need to bad mouth based on speculation. 99% of the server features work fine and are not buggy. I'm in beta and can attest to the majority of everything is working properly. I haven't tested their new portals because building a dungeon doesn't interest me, but the core mechanics and PvP are working near flawless.
Its not speculation. If everything is working "near flawless" I guess there is just soooooo many "near flawless" things to "polish" that it would take an extra 3 weeks.

By the way, point blank stating you dont test the "server features" and saying everything works is speculation.

African

Its not speculation. If everything is working "near flawless" I guess there is just soooooo many "near flawless" things to "polish" that it would take an extra 3 weeks.

By the way, point blank stating you dont test the "server features" and saying everything works is speculation.
I said 99% and then elaborated on the 1% of shit I didn't test. They're upgrading to work with newer clients which is the main reason for the delay. I'd speculate that perhaps he doesn't have the dedicated server secured as well, but I'm not trying to guess why it was delayed. If you didn't see it coming, then you haven't been playing MMOs free or paid in the last 15 years. I'd love to know what "half" the server features are that don't work. Passing along 2nd hand information that is incorrect is childish. If you don't want to play there don't, but please stop passing along information you have no first hand knowledge of.

Rhuma_sl

shitlord
I said 99% and then elaborated on the 1% of shit I didn't test. They're upgrading to work with newer clients which is the main reason for the delay. I'd speculate that perhaps he doesn't have the dedicated server secured as well, but I'm not trying to guess why it was delayed. If you didn't see it coming, then you haven't been playing MMOs free or paid in the last 15 years. I'd love to know what "half" the server features are that don't work. Passing along 2nd hand information that is incorrect is childish. If you don't want to play there don't, but please stop passing along information you have no first hand knowledge of.
Fanboy or shill?

Shits broke.

Strifen

Molten Core Raider

That's not exactly true, most the server features are coded and good to go but they still need some testing (I'm in beta). We'll see how things turn out but for the most part it should be fun, at least for the first few months or so.

Strifen what guild do you run with?
I run with -U- but I've also played with + - and c2w quite a lot.

African

Fanboy or shill?

Shits broke.
How many more people do you need to come in here to tell you that you're full of shit? Strifen and I are giving first hand information vs your telephone game garbage. Don't play the server if you don't like it, but there isn't much not working.

Lenaldo

Biggest problem withipy is Az. Hr has shown time and time again that he is too emotional to run a shard. Both of the guilds I ran with on OSI and IPY1 are staying away from this because of that.

Regardless I'll play the first few weeks... chop some trees... buy a house... then quit... just to relive the glory days of MMOs again

African

8 days
smile.png

African

Looks like I owe Rhuma an apology. While wrong about the state of the finish on the game. You cant escape the one constant...Az - Server shit canned.

Sir Funk

Lord Nagafen Raider
rofl what a complete fucktard that guy is.

If he doesn't release the code and let somebody, ANYBODY run it then he is out of his fucking mind.

Rhuma_sl

shitlord
Well Damn now there's just a slew of old bloated uo servers to play now, kind of like the entire current mmo genre. Sad days indeed