Uncharted (2022)

Szlia

The main problem is that Uncharted is a lot better than the movies it imitates (at least those made currently), so making a movie out of Uncharted is almost doomed to fail. Going for some sort of origin story would be a decent enough idea, but the youth of Nathan has already been decently covered in Uncharted 3 (where he meets Sully as a teenager) and Uncharted 4 (where he looks for info about his mother as a kid with his brother). The gap between Nate as a teenager and Nate as a treasure hunter at the beginning of the first game could be explored and they kinda go for that, but then why meet Sully for the first time again ? I guess you can have the Uncharted movies be their own thing inspired by the Uncharted games, but 50% of the pleasure of the games is Nate demeanor and banter as a seasoned adventurer. Tom Holland and the writers will have a tough job matching this with a rookie adventurer.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
I've loved the games since Day 1. Thank you, Naughty Dog. I'll give the movie a shot for that very reason.

• 1Dislike
  • 1Pathetic
Reactions: 1 users

TBT-TheBigToe

Gemcutter
<Gold Donor>
I've loved the games since Day 1. Thank you, Naughty Dog. I'll give the movie a shot for that very reason.
e7a.jpg

• 2Worf
  • 2Like
Reactions: 3 users

RobXIII

Urinal Cake Consumption King
<Gold Donor>
I loved exploring the Uncharted games. The level of detail in some of their levels was crazy, and I'm a sucker for Lost Civilizations stuff. It kind of snapped you out of the immersion a bit when, after solving 8 puzzles, swimming underground, and in general going where no human has gone in 1000s of years, suddenly the bad guys break down a 3 inch thick rock wall and catch up to you. No doubt the movie will keep that tradition alive for continuity!

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
1639065504336.png

I wanted to do a sort of “This is gonna rock!” / “This is gonna suck” meme here. Was trying to find pictures of Drake and Sully together to compare. I like Holland and Marky Mark but they just seem so miscast here.

Yeah the best parts of the games we’re definitely when the bad guys had maneuvered 100 henchmen, ammunition, base supplies down in to the tomb you were exploring.

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
Much uncharted, so wow

In all seriousness it doesn’t look terrible, but doesn’t look great either. I’m guessing people that have no idea that it’s based on a game will enjoy it more than us. I think there is an appetite for adventure type movies like this that Pedowood has ignored for awhile now.

Szlia

That new trailer moved me from pragmatically pessimistic to cautiously optimistic. It might not be a great Uncharted film, but may be a good adventure film. The flying ships part feels like something out of a Gore Verbinski movie and I am always on board for that!

Warrik

Potato del Grande
<Donor>
i wanted to love this, but the Fan Film had the perfect cast and essentially WAS the Uncharted film i think all the fans wanted to see. I can kinda see Tom Holland as a young Nathan Drake....but they needed a solid Sully, and that is NOT Mark Wahlburg.

• 1Like

spronk

FPS noob
new poster showing all the cities Marky Mark and Spidey will visit

7u1b6e2c8ue81.jpg

also for the next few days if you buy the Uncharted Collection PS5 upgrade on PSN - $10 if you own either UC4 or Lost legacy - you'll get a free ticket to see Uncharted the movie. Ticket should be sent out around Feb 9th, movie releases Feb 18th. $10 for a free upgrade for a nice double game set and movie ticket isn't bad. The game does auto pop some trophies, but I plat'd both UC4/TLL and only had like 70 out of 100 trophies auto pop.

joz123

Potato del Grande
Free codes are going out for the movie ticket if you did the upgrade or bought the collection.

Last edited:

Breakdown

Gunnar Durden
Seems like this movie could’ve been Ryan Reynolds and Liam Neeson instead and then 1000 times better

• 1Like

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
They should have cast Nathan Filion to play Drake and I'm shocked that they didn't. 10 years ago everyone was clamoring for that casting if this movie ever got made.

also for the next few days if you buy the Uncharted Collection PS5 upgrade on PSN - $10 if you own either UC4 or Lost legacy - you'll get a free ticket to see Uncharted the movie. Ticket should be sent out around Feb 9th, movie releases Feb 18th. $10 for a free upgrade for a nice double game set and movie ticket isn't bad. The game does auto pop some trophies, but I plat'd both UC4/TLL and only had like 70 out of 100 trophies auto pop.

Gotta say, $10 for a movie ticket and a ton of trophies is pretty tempting. I got like 60% in UC1 and 3 and 92% (including the plat...damn DLC) in UC2.

I have UC4 but it's a physical copy, will that work for the PSN deal or do you need to digitally have it on your account?

spronk

FPS noob
you're too late, you had to buy the upgrade by Feb 4th to get the free movie ticket. it went out last night, good only at Regal theaters

movie is reviewing poorly, no big surprise

1644606039748.png

Khane

Got something right about marriage
No Audience score yet so there's still hope.

Who gives a shit about critic reviews these days?

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

spronk

FPS noob

didn't watch but i really like Tom Holland, its been talked about on social media how he didn't really like working on this movie but he still shows up and does press, interviews, etc and seems to give marketing the movie his all.

Meanwhile Mark Wahlberg is like "fuck that shit, pay me" and does the minimal. old man vs young man energy I guess, lol

Movie opens in 2 days, I just checked my nearby Regal cinemas and the first 4pm showing has a single seat sold so far hahaha. I have a free ticket from the game upgrade so I'll see it sometime, usually wait a few days for an empty theater but maybe ill see it opening day