Uncharted 4: A Thief's End

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Khane

Got something right about marriage
I was going to badmouth the (honestly kinda bad) pacing of the game but I just did the ship graveyard sequence and holy shitballs that was fun. Everything good about UC combined into one long battle. I can't wait to bash my balls with a hammer on brutal there.

The best shooting bits in UC are the ones that feel like a puzzle to solve rather than just a shooting gallery to waltz through in one try.
Sounds like you had the same issues I did with the action levels.

This game really is great and by any measure it's probably going to be my game of the year. Which speaks volumes to how good the other UC games are, because I think it's one of the weakest games in the series.

Kedwyn

Silver Squire
Finally got around to beating this. Very good game. Loved the ending, one of the better endings since TLOU but I think this game falls short of TLOU overall. I'm glad that they are ending the Drake story, it is time and they sent off Drake and everyone so well at the end of the game there is nothing left. What an excellent ending and series.

I enjoyed the fact that you could stealth around and the larger maps were all high points. Nice graphics and world improvements. Very nice changes for the final installment.

I didn't enjoy how they took their new game play additions and sort of rammed them down your throat, especially at the start of the game but really throughout. The game is epic enough, some of the sliding, roping and jumping sequences were a little much and a bit too often. After playing through the remastered not that long ago and now number 4 I have to say that the game play was starting to wear on me a bit. Pacing felt a little too deliberate in the final game and there were times I said to myself "fuck just end this flash back". Ending the final fight with QTE kind of rubbed me the wrong way as well. One final thing, the fights with Nadine and a few other occurrences in the game were badly scripted. I don't enjoy having control but not having control. I think those scenes could of been done better.

All those are really minor complaints as the series has been amazing and they ended it on such a great note. What an excellent ending and a great story. Sam didn't do much for me but the actual game story aside from him was excellent.

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Just finished the game. Fantastic series and touching farewell.

"Sic Parvis Magna". - Sir Francis Drake

latest?cb=20160622014851&path-prefix=es

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

kudos

<Banned>
Just started this game yesterday and just arrived in African Inventor land. What a great game. Just wow. I loved the first one. Enjoyed the second one. Couldn't get through the beginning of the third one. This one is amazing though.

spronk

FPS noob

the collection is only UC4 + xpac (Lost Legacy) "remastered", it is NOT uc1-3 so kinda weird for PC users to jump into the end

• 1Like

Gankak

Vyemm Raider

the collection is only UC4 + xpac (Lost Legacy) "remastered", it is NOT uc1-3 so kinda weird for PC users to jump into the end

Yeah if it was all 4 titles I would insta buy this for PC to play through them again. I loved these games

• 1Like

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
This is a fucking rip off. There is ZERO reason why they cannot patch these games existing for free with the minimal fucking work they do on these. Uncharted 4 just needed it's FPS cap removed similar to what they did for Last of Us and put it on the collections list - and Lost Legacy the same equally.

Fuck Naughty Dog up their assholes. Last of us 2 was an abortion, and then they pull this hilarious BS.

• 1Picard
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
Been chipping at this game since 2017 and since I've got some free time the next two weeks I decided to finally finish it off before I get back to Sekiro.

And uh... I'm really having some issues with this game. I loved UC1-3, especially 2. Flew through those back in 2015 or so in like one weekend each, had a blast. Then in 2017 or so I got this one and just immediately the pacing threw me off. Over the last six years I got all the way to...Chapter 11, which was interminably long. Today I finished that, got through 12, on 13. A little over halfway through the game from the looks of things, and it's grating on me so hard.

It's basically a climbing simulator, interspersed with puzzles and bits of wandering around aimlessly trying to figure out what the fuck I'm doing. That one part (ch 11 I think) where you have to climb a bell tower or something just went on and ON.

UC1-3 I remember having a lot of gunfights, plot developments between the gunfights, some platforming and climbing to break things up, occasional puzzle to solve.

UC4 is like... climbing, climbing, climbing, climbing, puzzle, climbing, climbing, climbing, puzzle, story, wandering around aimlessly, climbing, story, wandering around aimlessly, puzzle, gunfight, repeat. Like hardly any actual action/combat compared to the others. I'm so beyond tired of climbing. But I also really want to see this story through finally after all this time.

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
Been chipping at this game since 2017 and since I've got some free time the next two weeks I decided to finally finish it off before I get back to Sekiro.

And uh... I'm really having some issues with this game. I loved UC1-3, especially 2. Flew through those back in 2015 or so in like one weekend each, had a blast. Then in 2017 or so I got this one and just immediately the pacing threw me off. Over the last six years I got all the way to...Chapter 11, which was interminably long. Today I finished that, got through 12, on 13. A little over halfway through the game from the looks of things, and it's grating on me so hard.

It's basically a climbing simulator, interspersed with puzzles and bits of wandering around aimlessly trying to figure out what the fuck I'm doing. That one part (ch 11 I think) where you have to climb a bell tower or something just went on and ON.

UC1-3 I remember having a lot of gunfights, plot developments between the gunfights, some platforming and climbing to break things up, occasional puzzle to solve.

UC4 is like... climbing, climbing, climbing, climbing, puzzle, climbing, climbing, climbing, puzzle, story, wandering around aimlessly, climbing, story, wandering around aimlessly, puzzle, gunfight, repeat. Like hardly any actual action/combat compared to the others. I'm so beyond tired of climbing. But I also really want to see this story through finally after all this time.
Why are you forcing yourself to play a game you obviously don't like? I'm pretty sure YouTube has a story video for the game if that's what's motivating you.

• 2Like

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
Why are you forcing yourself to play a game you obviously don't like? I'm pretty sure YouTube has a story video for the game if that's what's motivating you.

Because I love the series and want to see it through to the ending myself. Also keep expecting the next chapter to be more like what I remember 1-3 being like, and instead I just get more climbing and wandering. I know this game is good and there are times where I'm really into it, but the pacing is whack.

Not that far from the end, just gonna get it done, but I really expected more.

• 2Pathetic

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
Well into the third act now and it has picked up a lot. The flashback chapter was particularly cool. Maybe it was just the mid-game that had hiccups (like the excessively long ch 11).

Now slogging through a pond with Elena and her tank top. They made her really hot in this one.

Sam sure looks a lot like Luke Perry to me.

joz123

Potato del Grande
4 really felt like a movie in game form. Probably my favorite of the series.

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
The problem with UC games is the actual gameplay is pretty asstastic for all of them. 4 is the best in that category, but it’s still not good

RobXIII

Urinal Cake Consumption King
<Gold Donor>
I always appreciated the world building and how detailed everything was in these games. UC4 had a slow mid if I remember right, but I loved exploring the last outdoor area, even reloaded after accidentally triggering the cut scene :p

Gator

Molten Core Raider
I loved the UC series and it's still one my favorites still today. Sony really had something going with Uncharted, TLoU 1, and Days Gone with the third person story driven formula. Loved all those games.

• 2Like

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
What a beautiful game. My wife and I just sat here and watched the entire video. Awesome... especially for alpha. Can't wait until it's closer to release.
Ok, long time ago. I purchased this at release. Played maybe 30 minutes, then put it down never touching it again. I used to love the uncharted games. I'll have to play it at some point.