Undateable

Draegan_sl

2 Minutes Hate
Undateable (TV Series 2014- ) - IMDb

Danny Burton is a 30-ish carefree single guy who has watched most of his friends move on to serious relationships. When his last remaining friend Shannon moves out to get married, Danny searches for a new roommate. A promising candidate is Justin, the owner of Black Eyes Bar in Detroit (frequently mispronounced "Black Guys Bar"). Justin and his friends - the nerdy Burski, oddball Shelly, and recently out-of-the-closet gay guy Brett - all have certain qualities that make them appear "undateable". While Danny himself has good luck getting women into bed, he is unable or unwilling to form a lasting commitment with any of them. Danny's attractive sister, Leslie, has similar fears about being undateable, having the "baggage" of being a mid-30s divorcee with children.
This show is funny as fuck. Noticed it on a commercial the other day and just finished watching Season 1 with the wife. I don't remember the last time I laughed out loud at a sitcom. This is like S1/2 of How I Met Your Mother but better. People sit around at the bar making jokes. The main guy is pretty hilarious and the one liners are funny.

I would recommend taking a look at this show, apparently season 2 just started or something.

Anyone else see it?

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Anyone else see it?
You better hope not many people, because anyone who has seen it then read your post will never trust your opinion on anything ever again.

Show is absolute shit. Terrible. The worst kind of rehashed horrible sitcom retarded garbage that your stupidest friends watch and make you question how you ever became friends.

faille

Molten Core Raider
I quite enjoy it. It's a fairly brainless sitcom, but all too often that's what I need these days!

Draegan_sl

2 Minutes Hate
You better hope not many people, because anyone who has seen it then read your post will never trust your opinion on anything ever again.

Show is absolute shit. Terrible. The worst kind of rehashed horrible sitcom retarded garbage that your stupidest friends watch and make you question how you ever became friends.
So based on this post, it's a good show every one. Grimm is the last person you want comedy opinions from. He has no sense of humor.

As faille says, it's simple and brainless. They have a bunch of lines that jus make me laugh.

spronk

FPS noob
never even heard of it but will check it out, sounds a bit similar to man seeking women too. i really don't get how any of these shows are getting any traction, there are soooooo many new shows now its nearly impossible for any to rise above the noise. I guess thats why TV execs are over the moon over Empire, seems to be this years mega smash hit.

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
So based on this post, it's a good show every one. Grimm is the last person you want comedy opinions from. He has no sense of humor.

As faille says, it's simple and brainless. They have a bunch of lines that jus make me laugh.
Every show I've ever suggested is the best show ever. FACT!

I don't rail against this type of shit though. 2 Broke Girls and 2 and a Half Men and their ilk serve a valuable purpose by keepingyou peopledistracted.

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
Every show I've ever suggested is the best show ever. FACT!

I don't rail against this type of shit though. 2 Broke Girls and 2 and a Half Men and their ilk serve a valuable purpose by keepingyou peopledistracted.
I have never watched this, and would imagine I'd probably laugh at least a little bit because I am easily amused, but you do have a pretty good record going with what I like to watch. There have been a few that I disagree with that I can't remember because I'm old, and your hate for Ready Player One is legendary and I loved that book, but other than that I'd rather watch a list of shows you prescribed than anyone else I can think of.

Now spread your ass cheeks a little wider so I can get my nose further in there.

The Ancient_sl

shitlord
your hate for Ready Player One is legendary and I loved that book,
Ready Player One was just masturbation. The way people act like it's amazing probably had Grimmlokk expecting a lot more.

Edit:

Haha, I actually looked up what Grimlokk has had to say on the topic.
OK it's not a BAD book, but it is wildly overrated. People seem to go apeshit because half the book is just a list of 80's type shit. Meanwhile it's got some of the worst dialogue I've ever read. I actually groaned out loud at times.

I hate to maybe scare anyone off, it IS fun for the most part. It's just...temper your expectations.

SCATHING!!!

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
Ready Player One was just masturbation. The way people act like it's amazing probably had Grimmlokk expecting a lot more.

Edit:

Haha, I actually looked up what Grimlokk has had to say on the topic.

SCATHING!!!
Well, perhaps those are his true thoughts on the book, but I thought (I could always be wrong) that he's posted plenty of times in "Angry Grimmlokk mode" about it with a bit harsher language. Perhaps I'm misremembering.

And perhaps I loved the book because almost every reference was part of my childhood, and it hit that nostalgia bone. I don't think it was a masterwork of literature, but it was awesomely fun for me, and I loved reading it.

The point of that comment, however, was that while there are times when we disagree (such as his hatred/apathy/slight dislike of that book), I usually agree with him on a lot of subjective things. Like our mutual disdain of Gambit the Faggot, Golden Boy of Comic Nerds Everywhere.

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Well, perhaps those are his true thoughts on the book, but I thought (I could always be wrong) that he's posted plenty of times in "Angry Grimmlokk mode" about it with a bit harsher language. Perhaps I'm misremembering.
You are not misremembering. I have on occasion overstated my hatred of things for effect. See my first post in this thread. Undateable isn't truly as horrible as 2 Broke Girls etc, if for no other reason than it has Ron Funches.

faille

Molten Core Raider
I have to say that I also like Ground Floor. It's a similar, easy to watch, don't have to think too hard sitcom. It has the original love interest from undateable in it, and the main guy also guest starred in it, but it's having John C. McGinley that really elevates it.

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
The show is good, but it does needs more polishing. For instance, the new waitress was funny but the lines from her name schtick were too forced. Not sure if that was the writer's fault or the actress, but I'm leaning towards the writers.

The creepy stalker friend is the only character that bothers me.

fris

Vyemm Raider
when i watch 2 broke girls, i get the feeling i'm watching an hbo/skinamax series that's been edited for network television.

Xevy

Log Wizard
I watched 8 minutes of it and determined it was the worst show ever made. Poor Ron Funches.