UNDECEMBER - Action RPG

Qhue

Trump's Staff
It's weird because I really do like Diablo-style action RPGs but the statement above about this (and Lost Ark) feeling hollow hits the mark.

This absolutely should be my kinda game and yet i felt nothing when playing it.

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
Yeah, it's got too much POE in it for me to want to play. I want class identity - combat is just okay, feels very mediocre after playing Lost Ark (which has superb combat). This game is just copy pasta all popular ARPGS into some weird amalgamation that isn't a whole lot of fun. Even for F2P.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

rhinohelix

<Gold Donor>
I used to dig classless games for their potential, and now hate them for their blandness as they are balanced/nerfed into dull greyness. See Mass Effect 1-3 vs. Andromeda. I have this installed but I can't decide if I want to be bored by this or overwhelmed by Terra Invicta yet.

• 1Faggotry
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Chimney

Trakanon Raider
I just finished act 2 and calling it a night. Game is smoother than beta. No bugs/crashes or other nonsense. Going to wrap up story and see what end game looks like tomorrow. It's bland, but like I've said before in this thread it's new and that's good enough for me.

Got first unique as well. Underwhelming, but better than my +2 stat necklace I had =O

1665551278553.png

• 1Like

Madikus

Knows nothing.
Doesn't play well on the steam deck. Might need some tweaks if controls can be adjusted. For instance there's no mapped key to open inventory. Only played the tutorial before checking out.

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord
Playing on my ipad. It's interesting, but I am barely out of the tutorial. Trying to do pet build.

Slaanesh69

Millie's Staff Member
This game is boring af.

I will most likely casually play it to endgame just to see what it is like. I did the same with Wolcen, although that game was marginally better than Undecember, but I also paid for it.

Unless something changes drastically, Undecember is not going to get any money out of me........not going to have cosmetics and 40 stash tabs like I do in PoE.

I do respect the obvious differences in Eastern and Western audiences - seemingly the Eastern audience leans into the gacha modes and tablet game aesthetics far more than Western PC audiences. I fucking hate playing games on my iPad outside of the odd game like Bloons TD6. Then again, I am an old man.

Chris

Potato del Grande
Played a bit, lots of mechanics to upgrade and customise your character which seems good, but I just took whirlwind and I'm one shotting everything... so combat is very unsatisfying.

By contrast PoE and D2 have slower more difficult combat at the start which makes upgrades feel great.

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord
Playing on my ipad. It's interesting, but I am barely out of the tutorial. Trying to do pet build.
Well, I was wrong. I was not out of the tutorial. I may still not be out of it at this point, fuck if I know. All I do know is that I fed fat Immortan Jones wannabe into sarlacc wannabe and my pets are still shitty since the main one is just a fucking DOT that doesn't last.

Cabales

Trakanon Raider
I played it a little bit yesterday. Probably halfway through Act 1, so not very far. Like most Korean online games, the story is basically incoherent garbage so far, but I am enjoying the game play at this point. I'll be interested to see how the skill runes, zodiac points, and mastery points start to play out as I get deeper in. I also have no idea what the end game consists of.

Chris

Potato del Grande
I'm towards the end of act 3... linking spells to trigger off attacks like in PoE was nice, but the way you upgrade the number of links/colours is just shit. You can't upgrade abilities without being scared of wrecking your build because stuff doesn't link anymore.

Zone and enemy variety is low. Gear is underpowered and uninteresting since you usually need to spend currency to get stats on them, which feels bad.

Also very few guides exist which is a bad sign.

Chimney

Trakanon Raider
I still haven't beat the story completely as it apparently never ends. I've kept on top of ensuring my gear is decent and my skills/runes are maxed with at least 3 links playing a fireball/meteor build. Some shit still takes forever to kill and I'm squishy AF, but there is no way to really improve power since your skill/runes can only be as high as your level. Been doing 3:1 int/str to keep HP up and it's still sketch on some boss fights if I take any hits. Feels really punishing if you don't follow an exact build, but I actually kind of enjoy the difficulty and not just face rolling through. The raid/tower defense group thing is kind of meh, but I've only done the first of each. I've probably got another session left in me where I hopefully finish all the acts before I shelve the game permanently.

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord
Just started act 2 so far. Just rolling it slowly, since this is basically wander through one zone at a time game. Which is OK. Just gotta keep wandering. Clear zone. Get some loot. Some may or may not be useful. Still mostly lost on WTF I am supposed to be doing with crafting. I upgrade my runes every time, but no clue WTF rune enchanting is about.

• 1Like

Cabales

Trakanon Raider
I see lots of complaints on Steam about the prices in the cash shop. I haven't taken the time to really look at them yet, but ridiculous prices from a Korean mobile game sounds about par for the course I guess. I might continue to dabble in this a little bit, but I'll probably focus on other games. Maybe I'll pick up Terra Invicta.

Chris

Potato del Grande
I'm struggling to find the motivation to play, I like that you can skip quest text but it's all "follow the satnav" in bland environments with bland enemies.

Rangoth

Blackwing Lair Raider
I can’t speak to cash shop but as a regular pleb player it has been fun. Better than Diablo immortal so far in my opinion.

I started as bow bitch, cause I love bows and it wasnt bad or anything but then I got a chain lightning spell run. Switched to mage and lol. Now I vaporize shit, chain lightning is just asinine.

i wouldn’t say the game is challenging. It’s pretty much spam whatever button on the skill you like most, but at least you have choices as to what that is.

Looks good and runs well on an iPad so no complaints there. I do have one complaint about all these newer games though, which is the thousand different items/currencies/things you need to collect to do stuff. As a new user it’s just annoying and feel like I need to filter through the inventory to learn what’s shit and what’s valid. Eventually you learn or memorize the icons but it does tend to turn me off early on.

anyway if you dig the Diablo/torchlight style games and want a mobile version this fits the bill. Not sure it has longevity or deep strategy