Under the Dome-CBS

ShakyJake

<Donor>
Angie! No!
frown.png

Terial

Trakanon Raider
Finally!! This show was an insult to the book.

CBS has cancelled the Stephen King adaptation Under the Dome

Life Under the Dome will conclude at the end of the currently airing third season. CBS has announced that the show's final episode will air Thursday, September 10 at 10:00pm ET/PT.

ShakyJake

<Donor>
Sounds like they will wrap things up. Terrible show, but it evolved into a love-to-hate it type of thing.

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
Do you think they're going to wrap the story up? I know it's a completely different show than the book was.

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
This is probably a mercy killing. This is a show that had maybe one full season to tell its story in it. It got popular enough to get renewed but then they went down a naval gazing rabbit hole trying to fill out more seasons and its getting sillier as they go.

Terial

Trakanon Raider
they will end up just throwing an ending at it..... something stupid like there is a cure for being turned into an alien cult with a hive mind... oh, this will be just like Falling Skies lol, the queen will have to die and that will somehow suck all the power out of the crystals which somehow support this dome... since the egg which supported it has been shot.
Yup, gonna be epic!
frown.png

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
its a miracle that they got 3 seasons out of this. also they can end it any way they want and it will still be better than the shit ending from the book that basically ripped off the ending of Men in Black

ShakyJake

<Donor>
Do you think they're going to wrap the story up? I know it's a completely different show than the book was.
Press release states:

THE DOME WILL COME DOWN AND ITS MYSTERIOUS ORIGINS REVEALED DURING THE SERIES FINALE OF ?UNDER THE DOME,? THURSDAY, SEPT. 10
Also, Marg Helgenberger has a bangin' body for a 57 year old.

Dyvim

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Well they did write the previous season finales in a way they could end the series with very little last minute editing.
Eg 1st season having Barbie + Redhead finish off big Jim to appease the egg and set them free or 2nd season Barbie + Redhead leading all but big Jim into freedom Moses style. Think they have something similar in mind for the final season.

spronk

FPS noob
so what happened in season 2, i stopped watching at the end of season 1 because i just couldn't take it anymore. It makes me sad that Hank Schrader went from Breaking Bad to... this. He almost left before the final season of BB for UtD, but fortunately the filming schedule was staggered enough so that it worked out.

Namon

Blackwing Lair Raider
I actually enjoyed the first season (never read the book), but I knew then this should have been just one season. I like the idea of summers doing a longer mini series but wrap it all up at the end of the run... make a sequel or move onto another story the next summer. I actually came back and watched the second season, but it wasn't nearly as good, and I gave up after the first episode of the third. I may go back and watch the finale, but honestly the story is so far removed from what it originally was, it probably won't matter anyway.

Dyvim

Bronze Knight of the Realm
so what happened in season 2, i stopped watching at the end of season 1 because i just couldn't take it anymore. It makes me sad that Hank Schrader went from Breaking Bad to... this. He almost left before the final season of BB for UtD, but fortunately the filming schedule was staggered enough so that it worked out.
Summary spoilered for length:

A few characters get introduced some get killed of early on in s2 mainly by the dome itself:
Dumb female latino cop gets smashed by a SUV while rescuing Barbie from magnetized dome. No loss there.
Her plot mainly gets replaced by a science teacher (woman of science) siding with Big Jim (man of faith) only to get killed of by him in the finale.
Angie, the hotter teen chick of the 4 hands who used to protect the pink egg gets murdered as well, sadly. Her plot and love affair with Junior is replaced by Melanie Cross character. Melanie has been killed in 1988 and gets 25 years later revived by the dome. She was also part off 88s 4 guardians of the egg/alien meteor and turns out to be Barbies half sister since shes also from Zenith.
The other 3 88s guardians get introduced being the town pope, as well as Juniors uncle living a hermit live and his mother who faked her death to escape Chesters Mill, her love triangle between the town pope and Big Jim and her guilty feelings for Melanies (bff) death.

Story rundown: Barbie + Julia continue to save the town, while the dome tries to fuck them over by disasters of the week like snow blizzard, acid rain, insect pests and starving them to death in general. Big Jim offers to sacrifice himself at the beginning of the season only to survive by divine dome intervention, so he belives himself as a prophet.
Once the science teacher chick calculated they are running out food she comes up with homemade flu virus to genocide the town, ofc Julia + Barbie save them all & Julia becomes new mayor.
They stumble across a portal beneath high school leading to Zenith and Big Jim negotiates his and Juniors free passage for the egg, unfortunatly closing the portal after the egg lands in Zenith. Meanwhile Barbie is on his short trip home he finds out his (and Melanies) father is a bad ass CEO trying to harness the pink eggs power. So he returns via his basement trap door-portal to warn Julia and possibly strike a deal with his CEO daddy to evacuate the town in exchange for the alien egg powers. So he returns with a few people as well, mainly Juniors mom, who ends up getting knifed by her former bf / town pope (who in direct response also dies) while they all shaman heal Melanie (who promptly gets swallowed off the earth).
The slow & cruel death of his wife drives Big Jim mad and so he kills the science teacher and sets a trap for Julia making Barbie leading the flock to where Melanie got swallowed in hope to find a new portal. Junior helps Julia escape Big Jims wrath only to find they cant follow Barbie and co because of a big rift blocking the path.
Barbie and his flock find nothing in the cave but an alien light chamber full of butterflies, when they are about to turn Melanie magically tears the walls down and offers her guidance to lead.
The end.