Under the Dome-CBS

spronk

FPS noob
how the fuck did this show get renewed, I thought it was supposed to be a 1 shot, plot is resolved at the end of season 1 series. What...The...Fuck

what a shitty episode, herp derp lets deliver some fucking appliances in town today!!! What kind of shitty white people looting was that, they all stopped when it started raining? Is the dome going to start raining down food and insulin shots next week...

Fuya_sl

shitlord
I too questioned where the fuck that guy was going in the appliance delivery truck dress in his work cloths delivering appliances in a FUCKING DOME. He better be taking that shit to his house and hording it in case he needs to trade a microwave for some propane because he's sure as shit not taking it to the next town. Maybe I'm over thinking it and someone in this enclosed small area actually needs a dishwasher and dome or no dome, that motherfucker better be there at 10 o'clock.

Does no one in that town question where the fuck the wind comes from? There should be no wind inside that dome unless Big Jim installed a huge fan and is using all that propane to run it.

Why are there so many people in the back ground driving around? Does this little town have unlimited gas? So help me there better not be an episode where they run out of gas and yet in the back ground you watch three hummers hauling lumber drive by followed by a funeral procession from an AME church.

Oatlord_sl

shitlord
Does no one in that town question where the fuck the wind comes from? There should be no wind inside that dome unless Big Jim installed a huge fan and is using all that propane to run it.
Sigh, people, this was all explained in the source material. The 14 million page, boring, trite source material. I suggest buying a used paper back version cause it burns better than the kindle one.

Fuya_sl

shitlord
My post is based around the television show and the lack of explanation of anything that is happening by the producers. This is why I'm posting in the TV section of this forum and not the Book section. It's like they expected that viewing audience to already have read the book. The problem is a good portion of the viewers probably haven't read the book. I can about bet you nearly everyone watching did a "WTF" hand salute the moment they saw the appliance delivery truck when no more than two episodes back Big Jim was carrying on about how no one had a truck big enough to rob the pharmacy except for the preacher and his hurst.

Oatlord_sl

shitlord
My post is based around the television show and the lack of explanation of anything that is happening by the producers. This is why I'm posting in the TV section of this forum and not the Book section. It's like they expected that viewing audience to already have read the book. The problem is a good portion of the viewers probably haven't read the book. I can about bet you nearly everyone watching did a "WTF" hand salute the moment they saw the appliance delivery truck when no more than two episodes back Big Jim was carrying on about how no one had a truck big enough to rob the pharmacy except for the preacher and his hurst.
Lol yeah, sorry, I was trying to say how awful both were, but it's a a bitch trying to type on my Rezound. I especially liked your appliance delivery point as I had missed that completely nonsensical inclusion to the story. Maybe he is from another town and has just been driving in circles ever since the dome , lost without his GPS.

OneofOne

Silver Baronet of the Realm
If it's a dome and not a globe, why not just dig under it? Haven't watched the show or read the book...

spronk

FPS noob
the dome extends under ground as well (think of it like a snow globe), a previous episode had them discover the dome barrier in an underground facility

my fav part of the last episode was the store line. Sheriff tells everyone to calm down, asks who has batteries, gets batteries from a random guy in line, and gives the batteries to the first person in line. the Dome is a metaphor for Obama's America

Lithose

Buzzfeed Editor
my fav part of the last episode was the store line. Sheriff tells everyone to calm down, asks who has batteries, gets batteries from a random guy in line, and gives the batteries to the first person in line.
I've only been watching bits and pieces, I don't think I could stomach a whole episode. But this was hilarious. I was like..uhh, what about the rest of the people in line? How did that solve anything at all?

Just tons of stuff like this. Reverend goes crazy just to add tension by destroying medicine, even though it was totally out of the blue. Everyone just assumes that a MOAB is going to work, even though the dome has proven it doesn't even transfer force in a way that is governed by our understanding of physics. But sure, a big enough bomb should work! And the only reason it did NOT work is because the dome protected us, because it's good.

This show, my god. And that's not even touching on the acting, which actually makes the teeth grinding dialogue worse.

How did this shit get renewed for another season?

SorrowsEnd

Trakanon Raider
I took this show off the DVR list. It is just that bad.

My girlfriend was watching this weeks episode during breakfast. I made it through three minutes before turning off the tv to eat in silence.

Lahiri_sl

shitlord
I stopped watching as well. I really, really wanted to like this show - even re-read the book in anticipation of its arrival, but the writing and acting is just too god-awful to put up with for another week.

BigDirty

Security Director of Crisis and Weather Management
<Bronze Donator>
I took this show off the DVR list. It is just that bad.

My girlfriend was watching this weeks episode during breakfast. I made it through three minutes before turning off the tv to eat in silence.
so you turned off the show she was watching happily while having breakfast and made her eat with you in angry silence , sounds like she picked a winner

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
This shows only factor in its favor was it would be a single season with it finishing up. If they try to string this out it is going to be even more boring than it already is I really don't see how this can keep up any interest even for the remainder of this season let alone stringing it out yet another season.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
this is only season 1. season 2 has already been greenlit. for some reason this show is a huge hit for CBS. the old folks love them some dull shows. go figure.

Silence_sl

shitlord
This show is bad 80's King television in the 10's. I tried to make a go of it, but the bad writing and the giant stack of horrible D-list actors made me blow chunks.

I have no idea how this stuff lives past pilot stage.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
under the dome, consistently get's the top spot for the ratings slot, and it's a cbs show, cbs almost never wins in anything. and yea everything about this show is bad, i cannot name anything redeemable really. and there's so much... wtf
like it's obvious barbie at this point is dependable, and even Hank sort of vouches for him,
but they instead just make a teenager a deputy and his friends, and give them access to not only guns but a m16?

and lesbian couple is so dumb? why don't they just say "hey hospital, i'm a doctor, i know you don't have many around here, i'll work here and take some insulin cuz well i'm a doctor and you need me to be alive"

what are ppl eating? we know that the only source of water is either rain or the well water from old crazy guy, but what are they eating? they should all almost have like zero electricity for refridgeration by now, gas should be gone.

Bondurant

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Listening to "modern" studio executives talk about internet distribution is like watching a cave man discover fire. "The intranets is good! We make money when we use internets! Amazing!"
They're the ones managing the money, no one would stand in their way calling out their bullshit, people need jobs, etc.