Underrated science fiction movies

supertouch_sl

shitlord
rrr_img_34983.jpg

OneofOne

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Who doesn't like Galaxy Quest or Enemy Mine? Everyone does, bad examples.

Agraza

Registered Hutt
Obviously, kidding before (everyone knows that film sucked). 1000% for cereal this time:

FQqbuU3.jpg

^ A cinematic masterpiece.

Binkles_sl

shitlord
Event Horizon, for its time, was pretty good. I still quote: "I have such wonderful things to show you," when I'm attempting to be especially creepy.

I would go with Gattaca, despite the fact that I no longer agree with the underlying premise of the movie. Genetics or statistics seemingly accurately predicting the role or potential for 99% of people in a society, with one fluke, does not seem like a failure of the system. If anything, the fluke represents an aberration that can be incrementally accounted for in subsequent iterations of the system.

Strange Days and The Cell also had its moments. Perfunctory Equilibrium mentioning.

Kovaks

Mr. Poopybutthole
I really liked event horizon a d also +1 for Zardoz. I'm also going to throw in Outland, Red Planet, and The Cube which was pretty trippy.

Caliane

Event Horizon, for its time, was pretty good. I still quote: "I have such wonderful things to show you," when I'm attempting to be especially creepy.

I would go with Gattaca, despite the fact that I no longer agree with the underlying premise of the movie. Genetics or statistics seemingly accurately predicting the role or potential for 99% of people in a society, with one fluke, does not seem like a failure of the system. If anything, the fluke represents an aberration that can be incrementally accounted for in subsequent iterations of the system.

Strange Days and The Cell also had its moments. Perfunctory Equilibrium mentioning.
Gattaca is good. but yeah the "message" is pretty pants on head retarded.

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I Am Number Four (second half only)
Paul
Dredd
Lockout
Starship Troopers (original only)
Equilibrium
The Core
Doom