Underrated science fiction movies

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
I Am Number Four (second half only)
If you admit to only half of the moving being good...then how can it really be underrated?
wink.png

ZyyzYzzy

RIP USA
<Banned>
I loved Event Horizon. First time I saw that I was like 13 and there was a thunderstorm outside and was home alone. Equilibrium is also very good, especially since Sean Bean dies in it.

Agraza

Registered Hutt
Equilibrium sucks. It's like The Matrix if the Matrix sucked. It should be in the list of over-rated sci-fi films along with Aliens.Alien > Aliens. How-to turn a deep and ominous sci-fi masterpiece into a summer popcorn flick? Call James Cameron.

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
If you admit to only half of the moving being good...then how can it really be underrated?
wink.png
Because even though deep fried food gets a bad rap for health reasons, it's still delicious.

Also, Timothy Olyphant and Teresa Palmer.

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
Is Sunshine underrated? I didn't know of it's existence until a couple years ago.

I'd say it's my favorite sci-fi film.

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
Not all are my favorite movies, and a board full of nerds might not necessarily consider them underrated, but I'd say these qualify as far as the normal moviegoer is concerned. I'd watch them again if they happened to come on.

Next
Paycheck
Species
Pitch Black
12 Monkeys

Also, I hated Event Horizon.

OneofOne

Silver Baronet of the Realm
+1 for Strange Days. Don't think I know a single person who's seen it, and it's really good, even with 2 shitty actors.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
I liked The Island. :/ I think Michael Bay was trying to create art for once and almost succeeded.

Strange Days was also really good.

Source Code was great despite having a stupid fucking name. But it was pretty much the definition of what a modern sci-fi movie should be.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
damn a lot of the good ones are already taken. Moon and Dark City are the quintessential underrated sci fi films. i dunno if movies like Miracle Mile, Safety Not Guaranteed or Seeking a Friend for the End of the World count as scifi, but they are all pretty solid films. i would also suggest From Beyond, Rabid, Videodrome, The Brood and reanimator, but again i dunno if those count as scifi or horror.

Agraza

Registered Hutt
Alright this one is clearly extremely underrated since it hasn't been mentioned yet (also major box-office flop). I don't know what's wrong with you people. Greatest film ever, and obviously sci-fi.

Feanor

Karazhan Raider
^
that movie is nothing but pure gold.
rrr_img_35024.jpg

-is Brazil underrated? 12 Monkeys and Dark City reminded me of Brazil. Similar styles

-Star Trek 1, the one with V'ger.

-Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy. Wish they would do a sequel "Restaurant at the End of" etc

-Chronicles of Riddick. i thought it was gonna suck, but it didn't. people pan it for being 'pop sci fi' but it's a really solid movie.

-DUNE motherfuckers. DUNE