Untitled Star Trek Prequel

Goatface

0.00 star(s) Rating: 0.00/5 0 Votes
Title: Untitled Star Trek Prequel

Genre: Science Fiction

Director: Toby Haynes

Plot: An origin story that takes place decades before "Star Trek" (2009).

Goatface

“Andor” director Toby Haynes will direct from a script by Seth Grahame-Smith (who is also writing another hotly touted CinemaCon title, the third “Now You See Me” film). J.J. Abrams is returning to produce.

• 2Like
  • 1Barf
  • 1WTF
Reactions: 3 users

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
I don't even know what there's to do that hasn't been tackled in Enterprise, Discovery, Strange New Worlds or TOS. My guess is they aren't moving forward because they can't. The Star Trek licenses are kind of a mess. They probably can't do anything other than make another Kelvin universe prequel and may even need to do one to hold on to whatever license they do have. If you can't get everyone back for another of the Chris Pratt ones than do a cheap prequel while you can.

joz123

Potato del Grande
They make this shit when they could easily make more StarGate stuff that would be 10x better but Amazon owns the IP and is shit too.

Palum

what Suineg set it to
I don't even know what there's to do that hasn't been tackled in Enterprise, Discovery, Strange New Worlds or TOS. My guess is they aren't moving forward because they can't. The Star Trek licenses are kind of a mess. They probably can't do anything other than make another Kelvin universe prequel and may even need to do one to hold on to whatever license they do have. If you can't get everyone back for another of the Chris Pratt ones than do a cheap prequel while you can.

More minorities

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Bodhy

Karen
<Banned>
Man, fuck off with the prequels. Seriously.
This. What in the literal fuck?

I want to see what happens after the canon. Post 2400 A.D at least, I know Discovery skips ahead like a 1000 years right? There's a possible plot hole of sorts here. It doesn't really allow for new discovery since everything Starfleet already knows Data could look up in the database.

Make something that's set after Picard, situations in uncharted space. I want to see the future when I watch sci-fi, not to see it just gradually creep back towards our present!

These are the voyages of the same tired old characters. Its continuing mission to retread old ground. To sheepishly go where everyone has been before....

Last edited:

Chris

Potato del Grande
These franchises don't have any fuel left in the tank and need to be retired. No more Stark Trek.

There's only so many stories in a setting before it's repetitive.

• 1Like

pysek

It Didn't Happen, It Should've, and It Will.
<Gold Donor>
Star Trek hasn't been in 'its setting' for decades. Since Enterprise, at least.

Plenty of stories left once with the right Captain at the helm.

• 1Like

ShakyJake

<Donor>
All these old franchises need to be retired. There's nothing new to be told. And given the obvious lack of writing talent in Hollywood, all they would come up with is the retelling of the same stories but made worse.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users
Movie information in first post provided by The Movie Database