Poll UO Outlands: Launching October 27, 2018 at 11AM EST

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Strifen

Molten Core Raider
C9sUL7d.png

How to Play
Shard Rules & Naming Policy
Beta is Online Until 10/24/2018

I7LKwx8.png

rLRLBlE.png

UO Outlands is a free-to-play Ultima Online shard set in the T2A era launching on October 27, 2018 after nearly 3 years of development and more than a year long intensive beta period. Our mission from the onset has been to create a version of Ultima Online which enhances every aspect of gameplay, creating a shard which we believe emulates how Ultima Online should have always been had it stayed the course.

Outlands is hosted professionally on a top of the line machine with redundant cloud backups and the fastest connection available to us. The server location has been chosen to allow players from across the globe to make Outlands their home, with low ping from the Americas, Europe, and parts of Asia.

Login: play.uooutlands.com
Port: 2593
Accounts per IP: 3
Characters per Account: 5
Houses per Account: 1
Skill cap: 700
Statcap: 225
Ruleset: Felucca

JURUUcz.png

As a development team, our main goal from the beginning has been to create a place for you, our players, to play for the long term. We know from experience that there is nothing more frustrating than investing your limited time and energy into a server only to have it closed on you, or the population move on.

We have created Outlands as a place for players to enjoy the Golden Years of this great game, for the next 5, 10, 15 years and beyond. Why would we develop a shard for 3 years to only shutter it in a year, or even worse: wipe your hard earned characters? It is our hope that you will make Outlands your home, and you will bring your friends and guildmates to experience a new world with unique, rejuvenated Ultima Online gameplay.

Read on for more info.. We can’t wait to see what adventures you will experience!

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Locnar

<Bronze Donator>
I'm going back in time with my gaming and I've NEVER played Ultima Online (went straight from Legends of Kesmai to Everquest). Would this server give me the history lesson I want, as someone who has played Ultima I though VI (Ultima VII is supposed to be the best and its on my short list if things to play soon) but never UO.

Strifen

Molten Core Raider
If you have never played UO this server will be a great one to try out. It's got a bunch of well coded additional content but still retains all of the same old school UO mechanics people remember. I recommend joining their discord and reading the launch thread to get a feel for things.

The wiki has a lot of info and should be fully updated before launch: UOOutlands Wiki

Zog

Blackwing Lair Raider
The new map seems small to me, especially with 1500 people in discord for a beta...

My question is why? Uo is one of the few MMOs without ip protection, to re-create a world when you don't have to seems odd but c'est la vie.

That said, I'll probably check it out. UO will always have a place in my heart.

Strifen

Molten Core Raider
The original UO map is definitely a bigger landmass, but it has so much uninspired and boring dead-space. The Outlands map is smaller but is packed full of unique points of interest so it's pretty damn fun just to explore.

rad

Lord of Guk
Haven't played in years but I might give this a whirl. Any Sonoma or SP vets still around?

Willy T

Trakanon Raider
Releases the day after RDR2 comes out? Gonna be hard to find time for this unfortunately although I'm very interested. Looks like they spent a lot of time and effort on this.

uniqueuser

Vyemm Raider
I'm going back in time with my gaming and I've NEVER played Ultima Online (went straight from Legends of Kesmai to Everquest). Would this server give me the history lesson I want
No.

If nothing else, the custom map destroys any "authenticity" value this server has.

Worse, the extensive systems changes are part of some misguided effort to shoehorn in more content at any cost. I see vertical-oriented progression, convoluted special-case rules resulting in segregated mechanics for PvE/PvP, grossly complicated attempts to further gamify and systematize basic activities (see Ships and Pirates for an egregious example of this), etc. These are things you'd find in a contemporary MMO and only serve to set this rendition at evolutionary odds with the original game.

If you want the old experience, you won't get it here. But with how dead the freeshard scene is, you're not gonna get it anywhere else either.

Ark

Trakanon Raider
Assuming this uses the classic client, are there any glitch free window resizing options geared towards 1080p +?

Last edited:

Zog

Blackwing Lair Raider
Assuming this uses the classic client, are there any glitch free window resizing options geared towards 1080p +?
Razor and whatnot have always been able to resize the window without distortion, you just can't get around the "fog of war" so to speak, it'll still only render graphics and mobiles at the default range, while also making everything super tiny and impossible to read.

lost

<Bronze Donator>
I'm going back in time with my gaming and I've NEVER played Ultima Online (went straight from Legends of Kesmai to Everquest). Would this server give me the history lesson I want, as someone who has played Ultima I though VI (Ultima VII is supposed to be the best and its on my short list if things to play soon) but never UO.

lol loved lok, spent a ton on it during aol paid time, my dad plays on a private LOK server still.

Willy T

Trakanon Raider
Was able to grind out about 20k gold yesterday playing on and off. If anyone wants to group up, give me a shout. Obviously, shit is quite a bit easier with a team. I've got 2 characters going at the moment. a Mace/Parry "tank" and a Fencer bard that just peaces everything.

lost

<Bronze Donator>
video from my old UOF crew. guess still pretty early he said not many teams to pk against.

Lenaldo

Golden Knight of the Realm
video from my old UOF crew. guess still pretty early he said not many teams to pk against.
UO pvp was fun before everyone figured out how to script sync dumps..1v1 is still cool, but group pvp turned pretty lame.

lost

<Bronze Donator>
yeah with sallos. not sure if thats on this server. it sure was annoying having to use sallos on UOF to compete. be able to preset targets and whatever other edge sallos gave was OP. this one seems cool even tho not same content as uof. heard its hella expensive to buy anything as well. ive played too many private uo servers that fail so im waiting to see. so far keep hearing 1800 users.

til then ill be king of my castle in uof =p