Upcoming new TV shows/miniseries

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Fazana_sl

shitlord
I went back quite a few pages and there's no generic thread talking about stuff that's coming up but is probably too early or might be too obscure to make a specific thread for.

I saw these trailers in the last 24 hours and they both have potential.

Under The Dome based on the Stephen King book by the same name. Personally I loved the book up until its bad ending, something he has suffered from fairly often in book form in the last 5+ years. Maybe they'll change it up or it will work better on TV. I'll be watching it anyway, it starts this June on CBS.

Next up is a new series with Michael Bay's as Exec Producer called The Last Ship. Its main stars are Eric Dane (who?) Adam Baldwin and Rhona Mitra and the premise is pretty simple "Find a cure. Stop the virus. Save the world." This isn't scheduled until next summer on TNT unfortunately, the trailer makes it look watchable at least and you know there will be explosions.

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
Yeah I have a word document open on my desktop at home that is partly done with all the new shows just need to finish it up.

TrollfaceDeux

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Bronze Donator>
under the dome trailer looks fucking terrible. what the fuck is up with that song? What the fuck.

spronk

FPS noob
theres a goon on somethingawful that keeps a thread up of all the new shows/pilots and brief summaries if you want to c&p from that, its like 2 posts worth of text. only thing I really remember is SHIELD and a Michael J Fox comedy

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Under the dome looks like a pile of shit. The book self destructed 3 quartees in as well. So bad show based on a bad book

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
I'm not gonna lie, I will watch The Last Ship simply for Adam Baldwin and Rhona Mitra. He's awesome and she's gorgeous. Shit will blow up every episode, guaranteed. If there's actually some sort of plausible story, that will be an added bonus!

Wombat

Trakanon Raider
To be perfectly honest, doing one today is silly, as the broadcasters (and some cable networks) will do their pickups this week.

Fox already has; the standout there is Brooklyn 99. Essentially Parks & Recreation, but cops, it's run by Dan Goor & Mike Schur (who've run Parks & Rec), with Andy Samberg, Andre Braugher, and Terry Crews.

Almost Human looks okay, but will probably be insufficiently budgeted to be believable and possibly scheduled badly.

Wombat

Trakanon Raider
The CW is trying to expand to both women and men 18-34; youmaywant to check out The Tomorrow People (an adaptation of the British show, standard Heroes / X-Men) and The 100 (twenty-somethings try to rebuild post-nuclear war earth.)

Nehrak_sl

shitlord
Agent Coulson is in it? That's a typo surely.
It's not. As to the why, that's the big tease of it all (with Clark Gregg dropping obscure hints). I've been trying to follow the news for this one.
smile.png

Wombat

Trakanon Raider
Yeah, they keep throwing out different rumors of prequel, faked death, and Life Model Decoy (or whatever they were called).

Who knows.

Wombat

Trakanon Raider
ABC: Obviously, we will all check out SHIELD. Some of you (I'm undecided) will check out (the terribly titled) Killer Women, with Tricia Helfer. (Call it "Six, Texas Ranger".)

CBS: Intelligence, with Josh "Sawyer" Holloway seems to be in the PoI mold. (Though instead of an AI giving him help, he has an implant in his head giving him that intel instead? I'm not sure that's a more realistic premise.)

NBC: Mythology junkies will try Believe (not that Bryan Burk's Alcatraz was ultimately worth it) and The Blacklist. (One of these years I will stop paying attention to pilot directors, but Alfonso Cuaron and Joe Carnahan respectively still spark an interest.) And in the mixed blessings department, a new Victor Fresco (Better off Ted, Andy Richter Controls the Universe) show - yay! - starring Sean Hayes - boo! - about a gay dad raising his daughter -meh!.