USER MANUAL: The Forum Ignore Feature & You

Famm

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Problem is I want to ignore some folks only on SS (Fedor, anyone who posts chicks with dicks, people shitting anything, etc.) but I don't mind reading their contributions outside of SS.
So don't click spoilers? Or go look at Reddit or use StumbleUpon instead of the FSR?

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
I think the problem is people are idiots when they open a fedor spoiler. You know what's in there. When you post gore or snuff, that shit has never been allowed. If you want to look at dead people go to theync.com and have your fill. Some things should still be held sacred here.

Anomander Rake

Golden Knight of the Realm
rrr_img_33642.jpg
Can someone tell Anomander Rake it's probably because he has me ignored already, so he doesn't need to read this manual anyway.

Blakkheim

Karazhan Raider
I think the problem is people are idiots when they open a fedor spoiler. You know what's in there. When you post gore or snuff, that shit has never been allowed. If you want to look at dead people go to theync.com and have your fill. Some things should still be held sacred here.
Pretty much this. If people truly think that they need to post gore/ogrish/snuff death shit then start another thread for it and have at it. To me, there's nothing funny, strange, or random about that crap.

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
I click every spoiler unless it is a book/movie/tv show that I haven't finished yet (except of course the fucking Man of Steel Zod spoiler that I clicked for whatever unknown reason, FUCK!).

I also don't ignore anyone. If they are that terrible of a poster, I either want to see them be even more terrible, or, if after reading a sentence or two of their post and finding that I don't need to read it, I just scroll past. Sure people rustle my jimmies at times, but after I get up from the computer I have pretty much already forgotten that I was rustled. If I'm still rustled enough to remember it later, that's a good indication that I'm doing something wrong.

I click every spoiler unless it is a book/movie/tv show that I haven't finished yet (except of course the fucking Man of Steel Zod spoiler that I clicked for whatever unknown reason, FUCK!).

I also don't ignore anyone. If they are that terrible of a poster, I either want to see them be even more terrible, or, if after reading a sentence or two of their post and finding that I don't need to read it, I just scroll past. Sure people rustle my jimmies at times, but after I get up from the computer I have pretty much already forgotten that I was rustled. If I'm still rustled enough to remember it later, that's a good indication that I'm doing something wrong.
Respect. More people need to roll like this. I'm pretty much the same. I don't personally contribute to the gore/scat posts, but every once in awhile I think it's healthy for the mind to observe shit like that. Remind you that not everything is sunshine and rainbows.

I understand not everyone has the same resolve though, so I try not to get too upset when people complain about it... but whatever.

Rezz

Mr. Poopybutthole
There are definitely a few areas where ignore works wonders, even if it turns entire pages of threads into 80% "This user is being ignored" type messages. I mean, with Laura/Dumar/etchazz/qwerty on ignore, the EQ:N thread is borderline incomprehensible unless I commit myself to reading the constant quoting of stupidity that I generally scroll past. But it helps in other game-related threads where that specific group of folks don't congregate at the same time.

Skanda

I'm Amod too!
I don't personally contribute to the gore/scat posts, but every once in awhile I think it's healthy for the mind to observe shit like that.
There has always been a no gore rule and there should continue to always be a no gore rule. That shit can fuck off right on out of here. I come here instead of 4chan because we actually do have a few restraints. As for the retarded scat-o-thon that seems to have descended upon us, it is retarded and juvenile but as long as it stays behind spoilers I don't give a shit.

Gravy

Bronze Squire
Pretty much this. If people truly think that they need to post gore/ogrish/snuff death shit then start another thread for it and have at it. To me, there's nothing funny, strange, or random about that crap.
I can't see how that would work. There is a separate .gif thread, yet .gifs abound in the FSR. And video, which also has its own thread.

My jimmies are still unrustled about this, but I may be butt hurt. Mostly, I'm just confused.

Eorkern

Bronze Squire
Well it's not like there was any shit involved, those things were kind of clean and we didn't see that much, just chukle and move on...

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
This poses a philosophical question.. if a tennis ball is ejected from a woman's anus (or 4 tennis balls), is it considered shitting? I mean, she has not digested and is not ejecting excrement from the process. I guess we need a formal definition of "shit".