Utnayan backlog challenge: part 2 ends Jan 31

Tmac

Adventurer
<Gold Donor>
Did someone call for an old XCom2 meme?

View attachment 379966

Also, since I got my year long addiction of WarThunder off my back, I've kinda been doing this challenge. Finished the Mechwarrior 5 main campaign, and I am 60 hours into Battletech (well me and my kid on 2 campaigns). I just downloaded the original Battlefleet Gothic Armada to do next.

PoE is my offgame, with new league and all.

Edit - Maybe I should do XCom2 at some point. I am 8.2 hours played, last played Feb 2, 2017 lol.
Exactly. What the fuck is this shit? How do people play this game?

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Exactly. What the fuck is this shit? How do people play this game?
When I created that meme it was still in the very early game on the highest difficulty with a rookie trooper. Flanking doesn't increase your hit chance, and the only weapon that gets a higher hit chance based on proximity is the shotgun, which a rookie can't equip.

The biggest problem of the Firaxcom games is the difficulty is almost entirely frontloaded and as long as you don't lag behind on research, most of the challenge of the game (for a veteran) is gone by your first weapon tier upgrade.

Seananigans

Honorary Shit-PhD
<Gold Donor>
When I created that meme it was still in the very early game on the highest difficulty with a rookie trooper. Flanking doesn't increase your hit chance, and the only weapon that gets a higher hit chance based on proximity is the shotgun, which a rookie can't equip.

The biggest problem of the Firaxcom games is the difficulty is almost entirely frontloaded and as long as you don't lag behind on research, most of the challenge of the game (for a veteran) is gone by your first weapon tier upgrade.

Which gets fixed for Long War, for the most part. Similar curve, but the difference in difficulty is not nearly as noticeable. Late game, you wreck shit but you can get ass-fucked in an instant if you're not careful.

My LW campaign is in December, just saw my first Ethereal. About to take out EXALT base, then on to an alien base.

Critfantry are stupid good, btw. 22-24 crits with a gauss rifle is lols. I've seen a 31 with shred.

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
What the fuck is wrong with you nerds? Stop wasting your money on hundred of video games.. What are you 13?
That sounds like something a poor person would say.

Dunno, I know people with a wall of video games who can't afford shit in real life. Meanwhile I kept buying to a minimum (until 2021) and sell things after I'm done with them and I can't say the hobby has ever cost me much (until 2021) which allowed me to spend all that money on other more important things... while friends of mine complain about not having any money while sitting next to a bookcase full of games they'll either never play or won't sell any of even if they did.

And yeah, I did grow up on the poorer side, which taught me the value of not wasting hundreds of fucking dollars on games that you aren't even gonna open.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
game collection.jpg

All of that said...in 2021 I finally decided to be a tard and bought a bunch of games I haven't played. All of these, plus Hades, Skyward Sword HD, Spirit Tracks for the DS, Code Vein, Jedi Fallen Order, Death Stranding PS5, the upcoming Pokemon, Xenoblade 2, Xenoblade X, Fell Seal, God of War 2018, Dragon Quest 3-6 on phone, Resident Evil 2 Remake, and Metroid Dread.

Out of all of the above, I actually played: Metroid Dread, Dragon Quest 3/4/5, Ys Origins, and Ys IX. Also tapped out on Control because the map was so bad. So yeah, I've got quite a pile sitting here. I wish I could figure out which ones I'll never get to so I can sell 'em and bring the pile down that way.

I like the idea of this backlog challenge. I actually did something similar this week. Found I was having fun with Fell Seal and decided to strictly focus on that until it's done. The one I'd really like to get done with is Spirit Tracks because it's the last DS game I have and I could bid adieu to that system. It's difficult to get into with the stylus controls though.

• 1Barf

The_Black_Log Foler

Stock Pals Senior Vice President
<Gold Donor>
Dunno, I know people with a wall of video games who can't afford shit in real life. Meanwhile I kept buying to a minimum (until 2021) and sell things after I'm done with them and I can't say the hobby has ever cost me much (until 2021) which allowed me to spend all that money on other more important things... while friends of mine complain about not having any money while sitting next to a bookcase full of games they'll either never play or won't sell any of even if they did.

And yeah, I did grow up on the poorer side, which taught me the value of not wasting hundreds of fucking dollars on games that you aren't even gonna open.
Those people are called Manchildren. They are degenerates.

• 1Picard

Slaanesh69

Millie's Staff Member

I know there is this fear of losing digital entities, but you know you can buy games online now, right?

Most of us old farts on this board have 300+ games in their Steam library (some people have a scary amount actually) and here you are showing your apartment futon covered in jewel cases.

I know, I know, the physical trade system still exists but is it still that robust? I am seriously surprised Gamestop still even exists.

Anyway, Dr Utnayan is here to try and help the old farts get some money's worth out of our digital libraries.

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
when does the Pantheon challenge start?

• 2Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
I know there is this fear of losing digital entities, but you know you can buy games online now, right?

Most of us old farts on this board have 300+ games in their Steam library (some people have a scary amount actually) and here you are showing your apartment futon covered in jewel cases.

I know, I know, the physical trade system still exists but is it still that robust? I am seriously surprised Gamestop still even exists.

Anyway, Dr Utnayan is here to try and help the old farts get some money's worth out of our digital libraries.

I just said in the post how I sell every game after I'm done with it, can't do that with digital stuff. I occasionally get things digitally if it's a good deal or if it's something I know I'll keep. I would never buy like, Aliens: Fireteam Elite digitally. Got it for 40, played it, sold it for 33. Tried Farcry 6, didn't like it, bought for 60 sold for 57. etc etc

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
I'm in, just need to get some things sorted. Going to stream 100% of it too. I've finished probably 2 single player games in the last decade.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Fight

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Age of Empires IV: Campaign

521581.jpg

Screenshot 2021-11-04 at 3.32.35 PM.jpg

Last edited:
  • 2Like
  • 1Mother of God
Reactions: 2 users

meStevo

<Silver Donator>
Let’s goooo

Working on it! Just picked up a HD60 S+ so I can include console games in my streaming (I largely missed the entire PS2 and PS4 gens), and going to set a schedule and any night that's not co-op or raid nights will be this backlog effort ;).

Had already hashed out the Series X settings for it and streamed some Madden, got the PS5 situated last night and tinkered with Infamous 2. I only got a couple hours into that on release, considering making that my first title. God of War, Spider-Man, and a few others are at the top of the list too. About to start playing through all of the post-release content of Avengers but doing that with a friend so doesn't technically count. AOEIV would be a good one, honestly learned quit a bit about the paper-rock-scissors of the units from the first couple missions that I've generally been too ignorant or impatient to deal with... used to just crank out fodder or archers and it's a go-to on co-op nights also. Not going to commit to something like San Andreas until I've been able to try it... not sure these remasters are for me, I'd almost rather go back to Watch Dogs Legion or finish Cyberpunk - I'm shallow and need my games to be pretty.

Fight

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Check another one off the list. Hades 100% achievements and 32 Heat run clear.

thumbnail_IMG_7778.jpg

521581.jpg

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
Fight Fight is kicking some keester over here and we should adopt that completed picture for sure.

I am about half way through Fenix but have the exemptions gobbling some time Apex (Multiplayer) and Forza 5 which was on the exclusion list :p

meStevo

<Silver Donator>
Yeah, friends have been really active lately too, so even if I had committed to one I'd have almost no time put in because we're playing AoE, Phasmo, Elements TD, Gloomhaven, etc almost every night.

• 1Like

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
Oh by the way I forgot to mention, and there is an honor system here so be honest. Whoever clears out the most backlog gets a very awesome gift card of steam, Ms or Sony gaming bucks on Christmas Day. So play your hearts out on the backlog when you can and keep the completed icons rolling in!

• 1Like

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
Ok I’m falling behind in my own challenge however I have stayed strong and not played any single player games but Fenix. Almost done plan to wrap up Friday. Contest is good for all those save me for rhe prize! Fight Fight is still in the lead at 2!

FYI to really get this party started - the gift card is 3 figures 🎅🏻🎅🏻

just post the completed pic along with a screenshot of the achievement to have it count! Winner will be tallied Christmas Eve at 10pm central.

• 1Like

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
I’m playing dark souls 2 and having a great time: First playthrough almost done I’m on DLC

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users