Utnayan backlog challenge: part 2 ends Jan 31

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
Mines much much larger if I count Xbox 360 achievement whore kind of games. Yours is larger if I’m counting just AAA games or high end AA’s.

I'm not too much of a cheevo-whore...unless I REALLY like the game. Like Souls and Bioshock for example I've got plats across the serieses. I'll probably do the same with Code Vein because it's close enough.

I'll say this too, the rare times I DO go for a plat and don't quite get it, it bothers me just as much as not quite finishing a game. Like with the Fallout series, I platted FO3 and FONV, then planned to do the same with FO4. Problem is, I liked FO4 way less than the previous two. By the time I realized this I'd already sunk like 50 hours in and had 75% trophies or so and so I kept on because I wanted that plat done. In the end I got the plat with 91% trophies or something and tapped out because I couldn't deal with that game anymore. It's been bugging me ever since that it isn't 100%. Damn DLC. I think all I had left was Nuka-World.

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
20211220_234756.jpg

Finished Dishonored 2. Fuck this game TBH

20211220_234701.jpg

I went full murder in the final chapter and couldn't be arsed to be subtle.

20211204_224512.jpg

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
Hey all quick reminder - I am counting all the completions at 10pm central 24th. (Wife has to work Christmas Eve so it's turning into a game night)

I will then reach out to the winner over PM's and determine which platform they would like for their winning award.

Fight

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Someone going to get to sit on Santa Ut's lap and tell him what you want!

57445029.jpg

• 1Cringe
  • 1Double Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Erronius

Macho Ma'am
<Gold Donor>
So, ok, I guess I 'finished' a single game?

Thea: The Awakening

But it's one of those games where you play through many times to get everything unlocked, but I'm not sure that I want to Master this game and get all of the achievements.

I have a real issue with sinking hundreds of hours into single games.

1640112284778.png

1640112221981.png

• 2Like

Dizzam

Blackwing Lair Raider
This one started out slow. It took me an embarrassing amount of time to figure out wtf was going on…not so much the story but just how you’re supposed to play it. In the end, it was a creative idea and fun game.

Love the multiplayer idea of going into other players’ loops. But in practice it didn’t work so well. People just leave the game when you get in their loop.

4BD3925B-60E3-478C-AE52-CF5A7CFFE3F6.jpeg

FB9D7821-DB1B-4431-9E10-C0C32F63B67C.png

Last edited:
  • 2Like

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
So, ok, I guess I 'finished' a single game?

Thea: The Awakening

But it's one of those games where you play through many times to get everything unlocked, but I'm not sure that I want to Master this game and get all of the achievements.

I have a real issue with sinking hundreds of hours into single games.

View attachment 389090

View attachment 389089

Yeah that's what Hades is like. You play it over and over to get the full experience. At least it gets easier and easier, I assume. I beat the game 3 times and that was good enough for me.

• 1Like

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
20211222_102012.jpg

20211222_102102.jpg

20211222_103112.jpg

Finished Anodyne. This was pretty good, especially for an indy game made by a very small team. It has the gameplay of Zelda 1 and the world/dungeon design of Link's Awakening. It's been in the backlog for ages and I'm glad to finally get to it. Was good to actually enjoy a game. However I'm not sure if I recommend it just because it looks and plays so antiquated.

20211204_224512.jpg

I also took a stab at FNAF5's final level. Yeah, that final level is still completely godawful. With some RNG I could probably knock it off in an hour, but it's even more likely that I'll spend a bunch of hours frustrated and dying over and over. Not sure when I'll actually get to that but it won't be in this contest unfortunately.

I guess I'll have to keep looking at this damn FNAF face on the Switch home screen a while longer:

20211222_103419.jpg

Last edited:
  • 2Like

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
20211222_214636.jpg

I had to figure out where I left off with RE Zero back in the day. I just got lost over and over until I couldn't be arsed to continue. Managed to figure out what I was missing and find out where it was. Turns out the thing that had me stumped was that I had to look out this window. What window? That window on the right there.

20211222_214645.jpg

I probably DID look out the window back in the day and saw this. Well what you have to do is go to your inventory and use the Hookshot as an item while standing by the window, and it'll pull you up there. I likely thought it was a dead end. Game is vague AF. In any case I can finally actually play this. My big goal for this week is now to knock off RE Zero now.

Last edited:

Indyocracy

Stock Pals Participant
<Gold Donor>
I am to dumb to figure out how ya all share your ps5 stuff so here is a horrible phone pic, man I have been putting this game off forever. Thanks for the motivation. Was not a fan of the combat mechanics...

20211223_211056.jpg

• 2Like

Dizzam

Blackwing Lair Raider
This one was good. Not one I had heard much or anything about. Props for coming up with unique super powers.

07F81C3F-4076-492D-850B-8DB06B3A11F5.jpeg

ABBEB122-82E8-4B02-80BE-88F1C66C0AC5.png

Last edited:
  • 1Like

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
20211224_163514.jpg

Finished Resident Evil Zero. That took me literal years to get to, was at the top of my backlog for most of that time and I wouldn't have gotten to it any time soon if not for the board motivation.

20211224_163338.jpg

Also unlocked this hot-ass outfit. Turns out you only need to beat the game once for it.

This is one I thought I wouldn't like, but I ended up having fun after all. Maybe the lowered expectations worked to its benefit. Wouldn't play it again though and I'm glad to finally get it done.

20211224_122534.jpg

The worst thing about the game by far was the inventory system. You have room for like NOTHING and it gets very annoying very fast. I had designated "storage rooms" to keep items, which slowed the pace way down because I kept running back and forth like a squirrel to add more loot to my hoard-rooms. I hope RE1 isn't like that.

And speaking of which, bring on RE1, can't wait. That one has been on the list for -23 years-

20211204_224512.jpg

Last edited:
  • 1Like

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
Getting down to the wire here. :) Merry Christmas everyone! I’m going to laugh my ass off if Regime Regime comes in here and posts 11 completions before 10pm

• 1Like

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
Regime Regime is storing up his energy for the second contest.

Gotta say I respect that nobody has rolled in here posting a bunch of 10 minute long fighting games. Everything everyone has posted has been at least a couple hours long and a lot of them have been real doozies. Though if someone does do that, I've got the entire King of Fighters series backlogged, hyooooo.

Bring on the second contest, this has been a lot of fun and I've played a bunch of things that I probably wouldn't have gotten to for another year. Yeah, some of them were backlogged for a reason and I didn't like them, but it still feels good to see the game pile actually dwindling for once.

• 1Truth!

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
Ok all over - great time had by all - tallying the completions.

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
Ok fantastic turn out! I will update the original post with all the players and backlog counts - it was quite impressive.

In no particular order:

Fight Fight - 3 Completions
Rajaah Rajaah - 13 Completions
Gavinmad Gavinmad - 1 Completion
meStevo meStevo - 1 Completion
Slithum Slithum - 2 Completions
Shmoopy Shmoopy - 2 Completions
Regime Regime - 7 Completions
D Dizzam - 11 Completions
Indyocracy Indyocracy - 2 Completions
Hatorade Hatorade - 1 Completion
yaph yaph - 1 Completion
Erronius Erronius - 1 Completion

A grand total of 45 backlogged games completed!

Congrats to Rajaah Rajaah - it was a VERY tight race - with Dizzam coming in at 11 back log games completed and Rajaah at 13.

And now for the prize.

Rajaah Rajaah will be receiving $150 in digital Playstation codes! (He already informed me he would like to choose Playstation) - I will be sending him the codes (1 for 100 and 1 for 50) via your PM here on the forums. Edit: Codes have now been delivered via PM)

Merry Christmas!

• 13Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 13 users

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
Ok fantastic turn out! I will update the original post with all the players and backlog counts - it was quite impressive.

In no particular order:

Fight Fight - 3 Completions
Rajaah Rajaah - 13 Completions
Gavinmad Gavinmad - 1 Completion
meStevo meStevo - 1 Completion
Slithum Slithum - 2 Completions
Shmoopy Shmoopy - 2 Completions
Regime Regime - 7 Completions
D Dizzam - 11 Completions
Indyocracy Indyocracy - 2 Completions
Hatorade Hatorade - 1 Completion
yaph yaph - 1 Completion
Erronius Erronius - 1 Completion

A grand total of 45 backlogged games completed!

Congrats to Rajaah Rajaah - it was a VERY tight race - with Dizzam coming in at 11 back log games completed and Rajaah at 13.

And now for the prize.

Rajaah Rajaah will be receiving $150 in digital Playstation codes! (He already informed me he would like to choose Playstation) - I will be sending him the codes (1 for 100 and 1 for 50) via your PM here on the forums. Edit: Codes have now been delivered via PM)

Merry Christmas!

I wish I could "double like" a post. This whole thing was an awesome idea. Hoping once the holidays are over we get even more participation in the next one.

• 5Like
Reactions: 4 users

Vanessa

Uncle Tanya
<Banned>
I wish I could "double like" a post. This whole thing was an awesome idea. Hoping once the holidays are over we get even more participation in the next one.
Ut's a real good guy when he wants to be :)

• 2Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
For anyone interested, I got:

-Elden Ring
-Far Cry: Blood Dragon
-Actraiser Renaissance
-Terminator Resistance Enhanced Edition (It's 50% off right now, so I sold my physical copy at full price for raw profit)
-Elder Scrolls Online (base game)
-Spent my last few bucks on something called "Hentai Vs. Evil". I don't know what that is, but By God I'm willing to take one for the team and find out.

Last edited:
  • 4Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 4 users