Utnayan Backlog Challenge: Part 3 ends Feb 28

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Happy February!

I'll be sponsoring this month's backlog challenge!

Two $50 winners!!
  • Games under 3 hours will be counted! Complete just 1 and you're in for the $50 raffle!
  • For the second winner, we will be counting HLTB.com hours for points! Who's going to finally knock out those big marlin's?!
    • HLTB.com Main game will be the guide
    • Gain 1 point per hour
    • Gain 0.5 points if the game is less than 1 hour
Otherwise, rules stay the same. Post proof of the completed game achievement or whatever, along with a completed image. We will count them up at the end.

Good luck everyone! May the backlogs cower in fear!

1643772173862.png

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Seananigans

Honorary Shit-PhD
<Gold Donor>
Happy February!

I'll be sponsoring this month's backlog challenge!

Two $50 winners!!
  • Games under 3 hours will be counted! Complete just 1 and you're in for the $50 raffle!
  • For the second winner, we will be counting HLTB.com hours for points! Who's going to finally knock out those big marlin's?!
    • HLTB.com Main game will be the guide
    • Gain 1 point per hour
    • Gain 0.5 points if the game is less than 1 hour
Otherwise, rules stay the same. Post proof of the completed game achievement or whatever, along with a completed image. We will count them up at the end.

Good luck everyone! May the backlogs cower in fear!

View attachment 396279

I move that this post not count as a completion, despite the Completed stamp. Starting a thread is not a searchable game on HLTB. I think Crone is trying to cheat.

• 1Truth!
  • 1Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

KurganAU

<Gold Donor>
Posting backlog and will draw from this list.
Going to take more of a console focus since I've only been using the PS5 for AC Valhalla, despite getting other games for the system.

PS5
  • Ghost of Tsushima Directors Cut
  • Final Fantasy VII Remake Intergrade
  • Ratchet and Clank Rift Apart
  • Marvels Guardians of the Galaxy

PS4
  • Uncharted The Nathan Drake Collection
  • Uncharted 4 A Thief's End
  • The Last of Us Remastered
  • Red Dead Redemption 2
  • God of War
  • Horizon Zero Dawn
  • Days Gone
  • Lego Marvel Superheroes 2
  • Minecraft Dungeons Hero Edition
  • Killzone Shadow Fall
  • Crash Bandicoto N-Sane Trilogy
PC
  • Witcher 3
  • Batman Arkham Knight
  • Wolfenstein The New Order
  • South Park Stick of Truth
  • Dying Light
  • Sleeping Dogs
  • Dawn of War II
  • Deadpool
  • Ryse Son of Rome
  • Incredible Adventures of Van Helsing
  • Full Throttle Remastered
  • Day of the Tentacle Remastered
  • Grim Fandango Remastered

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Crone

Posting backlog and will draw from this list.
Going to take more of a console focus since I've only been using the PS5 for AC Valhalla, despite getting other games for the system.

PS5
  • Ghost of Tsushima Directors Cut
  • Final Fantasy VII Remake Intergrade
  • Ratchet and Clank Rift Apart
  • Marvels Guardians of the Galaxy

PS4
  • Uncharted The Nathan Drake Collection
  • Uncharted 4 A Thief's End
  • The Last of Us Remastered
  • Red Dead Redemption 2
  • God of War
  • Horizon Zero Dawn
  • Days Gone
  • Lego Marvel Superheroes 2
  • Minecraft Dungeons Hero Edition
  • Killzone Shadow Fall
  • Crash Bandicoto N-Sane Trilogy
PC
  • Witcher 3
  • Batman Arkham Knight
  • Wolfenstein The New Order
  • South Park Stick of Truth
  • Dying Light
  • Sleeping Dogs
  • Dawn of War II
  • Deadpool
  • Ryse Son of Rome
  • Incredible Adventures of Van Helsing
  • Full Throttle Remastered
  • Day of the Tentacle Remastered
  • Grim Fandango Remastered
Play Horizon Zero Dawn, I'm doing the same thing!

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
I'll draw first blood.

20220202_025300.jpg

Finished Double Dragon Neo. Game is awesome, but it's also one of those games where the final boss is way harder than the rest of the game. Also you can level up, which just means you have to go back and grind to have a chance against the final boss which is kind of annoying.

20220202_024421.jpg

Other than that the game was great, and 80's AF.

20220202_024001.jpg

Here lies one issue we can clear up right away: if a game is 3 and a half hours on HLTB, is that 3 and a half points, or are we rounding down/up?

1643772173862.png

Last edited:
  • 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Hey guys I am trying to send KurganAU KurganAU his steam card. It says I have to wait 3 days.

So I tried to buy him the games he wanted and got this message

1643807949612.png

Now I am thinking after the 3 day mark is up I will not be able to send him the gift card.

Any ideas? I don't wanna buy a steam card off amazon because it will not work due to region lock.

KurganAU

<Gold Donor>
Hey guys I am trying to send KurganAU KurganAU his steam card. It says I have to wait 3 days.

So I tried to buy him the games he wanted and got this message

View attachment 396327

Now I am thinking after the 3 day mark is up I will not be able to send him the gift card.

Any ideas? I don't wanna buy a steam card off amazon because it will not work due to region lock.

Appreciate you trying bud, didn't realize it would turn into such a hassle. Lets wait out the required days and go from there.

• 1Like

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Appreciate you trying bud, didn't realize it would turn into such a hassle. Lets wait out the required days and go from there.
no problem but it got me thinking like what if I wanna send something to faille faille or another aussie bro. Just dumb.

KurganAU

<Gold Donor>
From the FAQ at the bottom
Digital Gift Cards

What happens if my friend lives in another country?

The digital gift card you purchased will automatically be converted into your friend's currency.

Hopefully that ends up being the most straight forward way

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
From the FAQ at the bottom
Digital Gift Cards

What happens if my friend lives in another country?

The digital gift card you purchased will automatically be converted into your friend's currency.

Hopefully that ends up being the most straight forward way
Yep we’ll just wait. I’m just a Lannister man. I don’t like debts.

Game Of Thrones Jamie Lannister GIF

Last edited:

Crone

I'll draw first blood.

View attachment 396317

Finished Double Dragon Neo. Game is awesome, but it's also one of those games where the final boss is way harder than the rest of the game. Also you can level up, which just means you have to go back and grind to have a chance against the final boss which is kind of annoying.

View attachment 396316

View attachment 396314

Here lies one issue we can clear up right away: if a game is 3 and a half hours on HLTB, is that 3 and a half points, or are we rounding down/up?

View attachment 396315
3.5 points, since any game under 1 hour counts as 0.5 points. :)

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
I'll draw first blood.

View attachment 396317

View attachment 396316

View attachment 396314

View attachment 396315
3.5 points

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
20220202_170147.jpg

I beat Double Dragon 4, which is another half point. "40 minutes" on HLTB but it took me a couple hours. Game is hard! Until you realize there's a way to start at the level before the one you game over'd at. So I had to repeat a couple levels but eventually I got to the end by attrition. That was my last unbeaten Double Dragon game (I think) and it wasn't very good, just like people say.

At 4 points now, need to go for a bigger fish.

1643772173862.png

Last edited:
  • 1Like

Crone

With all my game times, I fit squarely in the Main + Extras time frame. I don't do everything, or care about trophies but for sure don't just stream line the main story only. I'm at 20 hours into HZD, and HLTB says Main is 22 hours. Uh oh!

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
Yeah, literally every game takes me longer than HLTB says it will. I don't take it as gospel so much as a "rough estimate" of the general time range I might be looking at. It's also good for issuing point scores in a contest like this.

I'm looking at Skyward Sword and how it says 30 hours for Skyward Sword HD and 38 hours for OG Skyward Sword. That's a big difference. In a case like that I'd say stick to the exact version you played. Skyward Sword HD has much better controls for slashing, which makes it easier and thus less time-consuming. Jirard the Completionist said the new controls almost make it too easy because the game wasn't designed with that in mind. It might be one of the next things I play so I thought all of this was worth making a note of.

Seananigans

Honorary Shit-PhD
<Gold Donor>
I'm guessing HLTB takes cutscenes and load times into account too. I actually came in under their estimate for Guardians of the Galaxy, but a lot of that game is cutscenes and/or dialogue.