Utnayan Backlog Challenge: Part 3 ends Feb 28

Fight

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Mass Effect 1 Legendary completed. It was aight.

Screenshot 2022-02-03 at 9.34.14 AM.jpg

1643772173862-png.396420

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Mass Effect 1 Legendary completed. It was aight.

View attachment 396494

1643772173862-png.396420
Damn figured you would love Mass Effect.

I also wanted to point out for any of you future Trophy or Achievement hunters these are the two sites I have been using for over a decade. Wonderful walkthroughs pertaining to achievements .

Even if you are like Crone Crone and do not care about achievements and they are still great resources for just plowing through the main story without having spoilers <--- best part.

Works great for Steam/Xbox/Playstation.

I am slowly going through Kingdom Come. Massive points if I can finish that I will try and start Stellaris. So yeah I am probably losing this month.

Last edited:
  • 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Decided to fire this back up after getting that last missing achievement in the original.

belowzero100.png

1643772173862-png.396279

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

yaph

Molten Core Raider
I stalled last month playing Alien Isolation. I love the aesthetics of it all, but it’s gameplay is… just not for me.

I’m working on Tomb Raider right now to get back into challenge.

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
I stalled last month playing Alien Isolation. I love the aesthetics of it all, but it’s gameplay is… just not for me.

I’m working on Tomb Raider right now to get back into challenge.
I hear ya I love Alien Isolation but can totally understand if it’s not for you. I zoned out trying to get into Stellaris within 5 minutes. Going to try again later this week.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
I hear ya I love Alien Isolation but can totally understand if it’s not for you. I zoned out trying to get into Stellaris within 5 minutes. Going to try again later this week.
How does one 'beat' a 4x with no story objectives?

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Lol, I created an account on HLTB and it doesn't seem to do much. I need something that just reads my brain, and does it all for me. That's not asking too much, is it?

I'm an old man and don't feel like staying up until midnight tonight to play Dying Light 2 but I feel like that's a big one I want to get into this weekend. Horizon Zero Dawn is waiting for me as well along with its new power armor I need to get!

Lost Ark is coming out, Elden Ring, so much backlog.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Lol, I created an account on HLTB and it doesn't seem to do much. I need something that just reads my brain, and does it all for me. That's not asking too much, is it?

I'm an old man and don't feel like staying up until midnight tonight to play Dying Light 2 but I feel like that's a big one I want to get into this weekend. Horizon Zero Dawn is waiting for me as well along with its new power armor I need to get!

Bruce Lee Meditation GIF

Distracting Listen Up GIF by Ramsey Solutions
\

You got this. Just pick a game and go!

KurganAU

<Gold Donor>

I've started Horizon Zero Dawn as well this month, just got done with the proving and engaging with the game a lot more than the first time I tried it. I'm impressed with how good a PS4 game looks on the my C1 OLED.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>

I'd say don't worry about keeping track of your score or how long things take, we can add all that up at the end. I'm keeping my score as I go but I might just let that go and not worry about it till later.

Elden Ring's release date is pretty much the unofficial last day of this month's challenge for me, because I'm gonna be wandering around that game for like two weeks probably the minute it's out. Unless I'm like really close to finishing something.

I've started Horizon Zero Dawn as well this month, just got done with the proving and engaging with the game a lot more than the first time I tried it. I'm impressed with how good a PS4 game looks on the my C1 OLED.

I'm tempted to finally get to HZD myself since it's such a hot topic around here now.

C1 OLED is totally the bomb. I usually recommend CX OLED to people since it costs a lot less and everyone is in the poorhouse nowadays, but I'm thrilled with my 65" C1. Try PS3 on it, it even makes PS3 look good. I'd say PS3 looks nearly as good as PS4 did on my old TV, and PS4 looks nearly as good as PS5 did. PS5, funnily enough, has the least upward improvement on the new TV. It looked great before, still does.

Between the C1 making PS3 look so good and the PS5 Dualsense controller working on PS3, I gotta say my PS3 has had a resurgence of life lately. Maybe I'll finally get around to playing GTA4. Need to try the PS2 and see how that looks on the C1, since I still have BOF Dragon Quarter on the unfinished list from that system.

• 1Like

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
20220203_232236.jpg

Mega Man 10 beaten. That was way easier than MM9, and not as good. 2 points, got 6 now

1643772173862.png

• 1Like

KurganAU

<Gold Donor>
Between the C1 making PS3 look so good and the PS5 Dualsense controller working on PS3, I gotta say my PS3 has had a resurgence of life lately. Maybe I'll finally get around to playing GTA4. Need to try the PS2 and see how that looks on the C1, since I still have BOF Dragon Quarter on the unfinished list from that system.

I did a run of GTA4 back in 2020 on PC when they had just added in steam achievements with the complete edition rework. Still have the 2 dlc episodes to beat, might leave those for another month.

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Difference for me is this time I’m way more patient with the dodges, and I ignore a ton of big bad machines out in the open world to keep the story moving along.

I’m also over leveled for most things. I left the main story on level 15, then did a ton of other things like corrupted zones and bandit camps, side quests, etc. so I’m level 30 now getting back into the story. That devastator is easy as pie when your 15 levels over. Lol

• 1Like

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
I've got a few Monster Hunters on my backlog so I'm trying to get to those. So far they're just irritating me though. I played some of World in the past and it was good. However Tri Ultimate etc are just so user-unfriendly that I can't believe the series even got a following. No lock-on, no map, no objective markers, fighting small enemies is a total pain in the ass, weapons have like no durability so they constantly break, enemies have tons of HP, and there's no leveling so I don't feel like I'm making any real progress. Pretty close to just dropping the whole series (except World I guess) from the backlog, which would suck because I've been looking forward to them for a long time. (Specifically, the ones I have are Tri Ultimate, 4 Ultimate, Generations Ultimate, Rise, and World).

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
Switched gears to Dynasty Warriors 8 since I've got that and 9 un-played. I like Warriors games a lot. This one is a little unclear on what constitutes "beating" the game though. There's no trophy for finishing any of the story modes, so I'm not sure if beating the game means finishing one of those, finishing all of them, doing something else...no idea. I guess I'll just play it until I find something that seems like a legitimate ending.

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
20220205_212752.jpg

Finished Ratchet and Clank: Rift Apart. That was a lot of fun and made good use of the DualSense haptic rumble (it isn't just a gimmick, it's seriously good when it gets used). Unfortunately the game is also a glitchy mess. It isn't unplayable like COD Modern Warfare is on PS5 (major bummer that one) but it does get pretty obnoxious. Had to reload earlier saves 3 or 4 times due to softlocks during the game, and that's kind of insane for an 11 hour game. Was gonna go for the plat, but it looks like one of the trophies requires a full replay. Lame part is I could have totally gotten that one during the first run if I'd realized. Since I'm pretty close to the plat I'll keep this one around to get back to at some later time.

11 for this + 6 = 17 pts (this is as much for me to keep track as anyone else). Have a bunch of potential console game choices for the next one but I'll be busy for a few days so I'll probably go into the portable backlog in the meantime.

1643772173862.png

• 1Like

Shmoopy

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Joined the approximate 33% of players on Steam to finish Cyberpunk 2077. No big complaints other than it was way too easy on Normal difficulty.

Untitled-1.jpg

Untitled-1.jpg

Last edited:
  • 3Like
Reactions: 2 users