Votes: 76 30.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Jesus christ dude. So you basically have ignored all the shit that Utnayan has done on this forum, literally don't know it, yet come here to defend the behavior you don't even know about?

I'm sure gaming with him is fun. No one wants to take that away from you. Just we don't need someone trying to ruin people IRL on this forum imo.

I wouldn't say its ignoring anything when I just didn't read threads that didn't interest me on a variety forum such as ours.

Like how does this stuff even come up? Even at the most drunk I've been around him it's never even came up once. I do know the man is a rabid vaper and Vikings fan. Because he talks about that shit all the time.

But not once in his drunken ramblings did he ever tell me he played for the Vikings at all and I don't even care anyway.

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Although I still think @utnayen is a bitch for not telling me his real name no matter how many times I asked.

Skanda

I'm Amod too!
I've never had a big problem with him in the past but now that I know he's made an effort to dox someone I will forever shit on the piece of trash. Fuck everything about him.

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
it just occurred to me... i bet the reason why you can't change your vote in this is because everyone who votes yes is getting banned too. mods are pruning the forum!!

• 2Solidarity
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 2 users

j00t

This stuff happens every time with people that have mental issues. "He seemed like such a nice guy!". "I never saw him lose his temper!".

Of course, none of that applies to Utnayan. Utnayan was always someone that could be funny, could be hilarious, but always had this clearly unstable deranged side. You have been on this forum dude. Take a gander at any of the Curt Schilling threads, . His trolling and accusations there were completely over the top, clearly delusional, and yet he kept it up for fucking years. "Inside info", "secret sources", binders on people, accusing fucking EVERYONE of being a shill for companies, even people that have been on the forum for a decade. He only "escaped" some of the ramifications for his breakdowns in those threads because people saw him as "right". That was always nuts, as if finding some evidence that a scientist faked some global warming thing would somehow excuse all of Lumi's craziness over the years.

to be fair, human nature tends to ignore problematic behavior when it assuages the majority's thoughts. take ravenn for example. i'm blanking on who it was, but a couple members doxxed her and we all laughed because she's a terrible human being.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
I know him outside of the forum and IRL, even though we have not met in person. I think he means well but went way too far. A permanent ban is really not the best decision here.

• 6Solidarity
Reactions: 5 users

j00t

I know him outside of the forum and IRL, even though we have not met in person. I think he means well but went way too far. A permanent ban is really not the best decision here.

hitler meant well, too. the "he meant well" argument is a straw man. who cares what he MEANT, we care what he DID

Blazin

Creative Title
<Nazi Janitors>
hitler meant well, too. the "he meant well" argument is a straw man. who cares what he MEANT, we care what he DID

Yeah Noodle he lied about his personal success on the internet, don't know how we have so many thinking that is okay. We would swat him if we thought the police would actually shoot the right person.

• 3Worf
  • 2Salty
Reactions: 4 users

Crisco

A greasy jar
I wouldn't say its ignoring anything when I just didn't read threads that didn't interest me on a variety forum such as ours.

Like how does this stuff even come up? Even at the most drunk I've been around him it's never even came up once. I do know the man is a rabid vaper and Vikings fan. Because he talks about that shit all the time.

But not once in his drunken ramblings did he ever tell me he played for the Vikings at all and I don't even care anyway.
Next time you gaming tell him you bought a Nintendo Switch and like it and hear the rant.

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Ridas

Pay to play forum

When you talk to Lumi in a game, he seems like a normal dude aswell.

• 1Worf

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
When you talk to Lumi in a game, he seems like a normal dude aswell.

And Lumi is, despite his fucking insanity, also insanely good at fucking video games. Seemingly all of them that he's ever admitted to play.

And Lumi is fucking nuts. Totally nuts or at least never breaks character. Still fabulous at games tho.

Ridas

Pay to play forum
I mean ingame. He acts and sounds normal. On the forums he is complete cancer, just like Ut often is.

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
I mean ingame. He acts and sounds normal. On the forums he is complete cancer, just like Ut often is.

What? Lumi had various threads devoted to his insane shit and you're telling me that his insane shit ruined your time here?

Ridas

Pay to play forum
My only point is that people acting normal during gaming isnt indicative for their behaviour on the forum. Thats all I am saying.

• 1Solidarity

StoiCynic

Trakanon Raider
Not really sure which way to vote here, gonna take a few days to ruminate.

I will say, when I was new to the board my first interaction with him was positive albeit outside the video game section where I personally find him insufferable. After the first time I saw him bash a game post after frothing post for months, only to turn around and buy the game I wrote him off as full of shit and moved on. I don't read his text walls and label his opinions on games invalid. Easy. I don't get why people even bother trying argue with him when he makes up his mind on a game, but I guess that is why forums exist. Moreso, I wanna see this forum thrive and his behavior is not at all conducive to any long term flourishing.

All that said, a year seems a bit much to me. Is this his first ban? I'm leaning towards a Yes vote but with an increasingly shorter leash/longer ban type of scenario.

• 1Worf
Status
Not open for further replies.