• No

Votes: 76 30.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rime

<Donor>
Request for ban threads going forward --- have the reason for the ban placed in the first post, as it seems many (myself included) are/were unaware as to why the individual in question needed to be punished.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
This is all kind of a waste of time, as we all know how these polls work and it was clear he was going to be unbanned the minute this post happened.
That is not apparent at all.

This poll is to then "summon" me to make a decision on whether the moderators did the correct thing. I am not bound by the outcome of it. Did enough people vote yes in order to have me take a second look at it. Supreme Court of one style.

We are going to ride the full 14 days out so that I can then read the entire thread and take it all under advisement and then state my decision. I wouldn't be so sure you know the outcome at all.

• 2Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
When talking about what he was doing (researching gshurik), before any mention of permission about naming a company.

Uh oh. Someone is scared to fucking death.
This is going to be glorious folks. To be continued. While this little fuck sweats his ass off.

Not threatening at all, right? See, he'll say shit like "I'm just looking for usernames" and intersperse it with things like that or stuff on Discord. He probably wouldn't go far enough to actually dox but wants to make you think he just might. But that's going too far.

• 1Worf

Zaara

I'm With HER ♀
You got a lot anger in you, being the owner of a half-breed

So when you went on amod thread to cry like a baby about people being wacist towards you and hurting your fefes, was that supposed to be ironic or are you really that much of a hypocritical little shit.

• 5Solidarity
  • 1Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 6 users

gshurik

Tranny Chaser
<Gold Donor>
I mean I'm not completely innocent in the fact that I googled his username and posted shit he'd said in a different forum, but it was done post him grandstanding about searching and finding my username out.

I think I misjudged the community initially because I thought any sort of complaint about him doing what he wanted to do would just result in people telling me to grow a pair. If I had been completely truthful I probably would have preferred him not looking up my info.

I fully accept that I said that he could do it though, and that's why I don't expect him to get in trouble for something that I greenlit myself, I'm more annoyed that he would even threaten it to begin with.

khalid

Unelected Mod
If someone is threatening to doxx you, responding with the equivalent of "go ahead fuckface" or the like doesn't excuse the initial threat. I think most reasonable people can see that doesn't mean you were fine with it either.

Basically, it isn't your fault at all he was a douchebag.

• 2Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Daezuel

Potato del Grande
I mean I'm not completely innocent

This right here. Not sure who is innocent, we all play along. I was privately having conversations with a_skeleton_03 about shutting that thread down but I should have been public about my misgivings. (totally unfair that a bunch of us probably unload on a_skeleton_03 privately when he shouldn't have to deal with all this shit mods)

It wasn't just what he did to you though, you and others have some blame in this as well. Poking the drunk angry guy is funny to some because of the way you expect him to react and boy did he react.

The doxx stuff should have been shut down by mods immediately, instead they played along (and so did you, your reasoning for which I understand). It's unacceptable behavior and UT should absolutely be punished for it. That's not why he was banned though, the reason given at the time was he was being banned for not releasing real life information about himself.

UT deserves some punishment here, but I think having a title calling you a loser drunk and all this attention on the situation has been quite a punishment for everyone here.

UT has earned a short leash on moderation, but I'd rather he just be told to shut up, given a valid reason for his RRP's, and then not antagonized further into melting down. He's an easy target and I'd hope our moderators would be more about shutting this shit down instead of piling on like asshats themselves.

• 1Solidarity

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
It's absolute nonsense that anyone would look at it being gshuriks fault or that UT is fine because he was "given permission."

Thats some serious victim blaming BS.

• 1Picard

Skanda

I'm Amod too!
Doesn't matter who was egging him on, he is the one who chose to try and dox someone. The piece of shit was trying to use the same tactics these scummy SJWs use by using dox threats to get someone he didn't like to shut up. Fuck everything about him.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity

Daezuel

Potato del Grande
Doesn't matter who was egging him on, he is the one who chose to try and dox someone. The piece of shit was trying to use the same tactics these scummy SJWs use by using dox threats to get someone he didn't like to shut up. Fuck everything about him.
So why wasn't it shut down back then? Is it just his fault if people egg him on and say go ahead and it's indeed allowed to go on?

Skanda

I'm Amod too!
So why wasn't it shut down back then? Is it just his fault if people egg him on and say go ahead and it's indeed allowed to go on?

Yes, it is his fault. He is responsible for his actions. The mods definitely should have shut that shit down but that does not give him a free pass to be a worthless cunt.

• 1Solidarity

Daezuel

Potato del Grande
Yes, it is his fault. He is responsible for his actions. The mods definitely should have shut that shit down but that does not give him a free pass to be a worthless cunt.

It's like everyone just skips over the part where I said UT deserves punishment.

This wasn't even the reason given for why he was banned. It was allowed to happen and they moved the fuck on. Seems like more people should be questioning the role of the moderation of such events.

Doxxing is fucking stupid and doesn't belong here. No one was actually doxxed, but it COULD have happened and WITH permission. Sounds pretty stupid to me on all sides.

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Skanda

I'm Amod too!
I don't care one bit about what he has been banned for currently. He should stay banned because of the doxing. Even if it was a failed attempt, he has shown he is willing to stoop that low. As far as I care he is now on the Eat Shit and Die tier of posters.

• 1Picard

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
I was a part of the conversation for days before anyone mentioned the supposed DOXing. You'd think if it was a big factor in the decision that Araysar would have mentioned.

Because it wasn't a factor. Its the fallback.

And in light of permission by all parties, a weak one at that.

• 1Solidarity

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
There is no "doxxing with permission." if gshurik was cool with his info getting out, he would have posted that info himself.

A lot of people need to check their role in this nonsense, but the vast majority of the fault is on UT.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Place of employment in an argument centered around ghurik's forum bias and to substantiate a claim that gshurik had an angle-- yeah the permission matters. That was the whole point of 20 pages of bullshit. The entire thread was about who gshurik is in relation to Electronic Arts, gaming industry et al.

I don't care if its crazy. As far as I see it, its legit.

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
This all happened because amod is incompetent. If it was the attempt at doxxing which was the reason for the ban (well after the event it sounds like?) it should have been stated. No one would have said much. I would not have anyway. Instead Amod went full retard and now we have this.

• 5Solidarity
Reactions: 4 users

Skanda

I'm Amod too!
Place of employment in an argument centered around ghurik's forum bias and to substantiate a claim that gshurik had an angle-- yeah the permission matters. That was the whole point of 20 pages of bullshit. The entire thread was about who gshurik is in relation to Electronic Arts, gaming industry et al.

I don't care if its crazy. As far as I see it, its legit.

So you're saying it's okay to dox someone as long as it helps support your argument?

Daezuel

Potato del Grande
There is no "doxxing with permission." if gshurik was cool with his info getting out, he would have posted that info himself.

A lot of people need to check their role in this nonsense, but the vast majority of the fault is on UT.

Are we talking about punishing anyone else? I said in the other thread we should be honest about why UT is being banned. If this is the reason then I also want to know why it was allowed to go on so that it doesn't happen again. I'd rather that shit be stopped immediately instead of there being some chance that the information is correct next time.

• 2Solidarity
Status
Not open for further replies.