• No

Votes: 76 30.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

goishen

Macho Ma'am
I voted yes. Just because I was around during the days when this board made it onto wikipedia entry about the entire Brad McQuaid situation. (lol, it's not there now!) Well, no shit. Things change.

Utnayan was too. I don't really remember too much about him from those days, but I remember that much.

You've got a 12 hour ban. Use it until he sobers up. This board shouldn't be his safe space to spout off shit, nor should we be his mommy.

I like to think I'm an extremely dangerous man with a keyboard, because I can type when drunk. Until I wake up and see what shit I posted.

Look, I'll admit... I play DOS:II with the guy. Never had a problem with him. *shrug* In fact, if we could up our game times to twice-three times a week, I'd be a happy man.

Last edited:
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
thats not the reason why he was banned, he was banned because you got into it with him and forced a 24 hour ultimatum on him to put up or be shut up and he didnt put up. he was NOT banned for shitposting for 15 years and annoying others. we dont have ban rules for that. full disclosure, i was also given a 24 hour ultimatum by tuco to link proof about trump mocking others in the same way he mocked a NYT reporter. Lithose came in and helped me prove i was right and i was still banned for it. i got the ban overturned, but it was bullshit and i'm still salty about it because of it.
That's true, the Russian has let the power go to his head and have his way lately.

• 1Salty
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
this board has a "tradition" of drunken shitposting. probably 75% of the rickshaw is filled with that special brand of "content". its our history.

• 1Worf

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
i think one of the problems with this whole situation is that the reason why he WAS banned and the reason(s) why he SHOULD be banned aren't the same. if we look at WHY he was banned in a vacuum, it's childish and the ban should come off. it's a power struggle between a mod and a member and the mod got a little heavy handed.

if you look at Ut's behavior over the last decade and a half? that dude should probably have been perma-banned a long time ago.

yes, there's plenty of times when he posts and it's totally fine. the D:OS2 thread is a perfect example of him being actually FUN to have around and plenty of people have mentioned that or something like it. but then you have other times where he's just... insufferable and actively going around trying to destroy other members (regardless of how successful he is or isn't at it).

okay, fine, the times where he's insufferable it's because he's drunk and not thinking clearly. okay, fine, it's not even all the time, maybe only weekends.

if someone gets a DWI, they lose their license. depending on the situation and the severity of it, they can get a restricted license. but if someone gets even a FEW DWI's? the state generally considers them too risky to operate a vehicle EVEN IF it's only been a "few times"

in my, oh so humble opinion, we have TRIED to give him a restricted license on SEVERAL occasions (sticking him in the rickshaw) but he keeps proving over and over and over again that when he drinks, he absolutely can not control his actions.

i don't like the idea of perma-banning someone for what they MIGHT do, i really don't. but the alternative is that he is absolutely NOT going to change his behavior. the rickshaw is basically his summer home. it's not a punishment, it seems.

his behavior, unfortunately, is pretty synonymous with the history of the board, though. we tend to be a bunch of power hungry, abrasive, barely functional retards but there's a sense of comradery between all of us. a bit of absurd insanity is kind of a requirement to have any kind of place in this forum, so again, i'm not all gung-ho, knee jerk, burn him at the stake... if we can get something out of him that even passively resembled an apology for his nonsense drunk rage posting, it'd go a long way for someone like me (who has admittedly had little to no interaction with him) to be cool in letting him come back. i just don't see that happening.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

goishen

Macho Ma'am
i think one of the problems with this whole situation is that the reason why he WAS banned and the reason(s) why he SHOULD be banned aren't the same. if we look at WHY he was banned in a vacuum, it's childish and the ban should come off. it's a power struggle between a mod and a member and the mod got a little heavy handed.[snip for length]

And Utnayan is at the heart of that.

But ya know what? Utnayan was right. This board has been going downhill for years. It'll never reach its apex again. Where we search and destroy a dev, because he did something wrong to several hundred people. Not to mention Jeff Butler, who fucked a co-worker's wife in the office.

But yah man. Keep on keepin' on. It's noble work you're doing.

Last edited:
  • 1Salty

Skanda

I'm Amod too!
I meant it as "damned if we do damned if we don't" bud

That still doesn't make sense though since you are saying we may as well just give up and let him have his way so we can avoid him olscratching it up. A ban should never be avoided just because you are worried about how someone may react. At that point you are basically admitting that he is holding the community hostage on threat of a temper tantrum.

• 1Like

Zapatta

Krugman's Fax Machine
<Gold Donor>
I learned in school that makes you blind.

Are you saying Russians have unlocked the gene that prevents this side effect?

My Czech defector friends said it's an old Russian joke. 'Drink faster, its getting dark'

Chysamere

<WoW Guild Officer>
i think one of the problems with this whole situation is that the reason why he WAS banned and the reason(s) why he SHOULD be banned aren't the same. if we look at WHY he was banned in a vacuum, it's childish and the ban should come off. it's a power struggle between a mod and a member and the mod got a little heavy handed.

if you look at Ut's behavior over the last decade and a half? that dude should probably have been perma-banned a long time ago.

yes, there's plenty of times when he posts and it's totally fine. the D:OS2 thread is a perfect example of him being actually FUN to have around and plenty of people have mentioned that or something like it. but then you have other times where he's just... insufferable and actively going around trying to destroy other members (regardless of how successful he is or isn't at it).

okay, fine, the times where he's insufferable it's because he's drunk and not thinking clearly. okay, fine, it's not even all the time, maybe only weekends.

if someone gets a DWI, they lose their license. depending on the situation and the severity of it, they can get a restricted license. but if someone gets even a FEW DWI's? the state generally considers them too risky to operate a vehicle EVEN IF it's only been a "few times"

in my, oh so humble opinion, we have TRIED to give him a restricted license on SEVERAL occasions (sticking him in the rickshaw) but he keeps proving over and over and over again that when he drinks, he absolutely can not control his actions.

i don't like the idea of perma-banning someone for what they MIGHT do, i really don't. but the alternative is that he is absolutely NOT going to change his behavior. the rickshaw is basically his summer home. it's not a punishment, it seems.

his behavior, unfortunately, is pretty synonymous with the history of the board, though. we tend to be a bunch of power hungry, abrasive, barely functional retards but there's a sense of comradery between all of us. a bit of absurd insanity is kind of a requirement to have any kind of place in this forum, so again, i'm not all gung-ho, knee jerk, burn him at the stake... if we can get something out of him that even passively resembled an apology for his nonsense drunk rage posting, it'd go a long way for someone like me (who has admittedly had little to no interaction with him) to be cool in letting him come back. i just don't see that happening.

You know we have a wonderful feature called the ignore function? Use it and all of your above problems go away.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users
Status
Not open for further replies.