Utopia (US - Fox - Reality Show)

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Anyone else watching? I'm enjoying the show and the toothless redneck with the angry black man duo.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
That's a different Utopia, I believe. This one is on Fox and it's fucking terrible. I made it to the first commercial break before quitting (after the prison dude starting freaking out about his box). Shit's so obviously scripted it's just embarassing.

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Anyone else watching? I'm enjoying the show and the toothless redneck with the angry black man duo.
I missed the first episode but I'm watching the second episode right now and I would have kicked that black dude's ass after him nerdraging over the soup he wanted.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
just like the current big brother, there is not a single person you can like.

if i had to force myself, beth, the crazy human shit prepper

and pregnant black woman.

i'm going to be the opposite and side with crazy redneck and prison guy, i'd flip my shit too if i saw the shit the "chef" ordered.

ordering quinoa is just him begging to fit in with being a pretentious asshole.

Pumpkin Thief

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Yes, because in a survival situation, you certainly don't want possibly the most nutrition-dense food on the face of the earth. How pretentious!

slippery

<Bronze Donator>
Hex is the only character I mildly like. The show is atrociously bad, but I feel like I might keep watching.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
When u put 14 extreme ppl in a group, yea. And I mean extreme
Secluse Rudnick
Roid rage ex con
Cosplay katniss
Yoga bitch
Fuckin priest
Fat black preggers girl that just wants to eat
Steven Segal black chef

And then some random bitches

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
I am trying to watch this, but I just don't know if I can do it, for all of the reasons already mentioned. And how has anyone not mentioned Hipster McHip the narrator?? Holy fuck I want to punch him in his mustache and shove his hat up his ass every time I see him.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Yes, because in a survival situation, you certainly don't want possibly the most nutrition-dense food on the face of the earth. How pretentious!
survival situation? no it's feeding a community, quinoa is 5 to 8bucks a lb, for the same price you could have 10-20lbs of potatoes. do you want to serve 1oz of difficult to make taste good supergrain or 1lb of mash potatoe to everyone.

look at preggers, she's already fat and she wants to eat more. ex-con would rather have canned tuna, i'm sure he's up for quinoa.

Namon

Blackwing Lair Raider
There were many lols to be had over the fighting, but after an hour it got tired. These people would literally would box over whether water was wet or not. It's exhausting to watch. I'm giving it until their first vote-out to see if it levels out, as the concept shows a lot of promise, but if it is still just an hour of in your face shouting matches, I am done. And yes, they could not possibly have gotten a worse narrator/host, holy crap.

slippery

<Bronze Donator>
There were many lols to be had over the fighting, but after an hour it got tired. These people would literally would box over whether water was wet or not. It's exhausting to watch. I'm giving it until their first vote-out to see if it levels out, as the concept shows a lot of promise, but if it is still just an hour of in your face shouting matches, I am done. And yes, they could not possibly have gotten a worse narrator/host, holy crap.
I think the concept of the show is to have these 15 people be there for an entire year. It isn't a competition at all, it's just a put 15 people in this scenario and see what happens when you have no rules or guidance.

Tenks

I'm still wondering what toothless redneck and rage black man purchased with their money. So they bought hamburgers and hot dogs but was that just for the cookout to make people join their team? Because they don't have a fridge so they can't keep shit like that.

Although I told my wife when they started talking about topping food with bean sprouts in the kumbaya hippie fuck group I'd leave and join the redneck

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
I think the concept of the show is to have these 15 people be there for an entire year. It isn't a competition at all, it's just a put 15 people in this scenario and see what happens when you have no rules or guidance.
Except that's bullshit. If there were legitimately no rules or guidance, you wouldn't have to worry about the laws of whatever country they're shooting this in. I'm pretty sure there'd be a murder or four with how these assholes act. Most of these people have personalities that are built upon years of living entitled asshole lives where they're free to act like assholes due to the laws they've grown up with where you can't be retaliated against for your actions.

I stopped watching because you can tell they just cast psychos so that they would clash for "drama." That's not interesting to me anymore. I don't need drama for the sake of drama. I would have preferred if the show stood on the merit of its concept alone, and let normal people play it out (sort of like Big Brother and Survivor; although less Survivor recently with their casting).

Plus, as I said above, I'm convinced this show is scripted as fuck. I don't buy that there's "no guidance." Otherwise you wouldn't have someone in the first 5 minutes throwing a hissy fit because he didn't get to take his entire box of shit while everyone else is there playing nice. That just screams to me that a producer before the show said, "Hey, act like an asshole."

Tenks

I think you highly underestimate how many fucked up people there are in the world and how targeted the casting for shows like this actually is. I *assume* the cast gets a monthly salary or something. Since everyone seems very, very eager to stay and talk-to-the-animals lady was talking about how her animals at home need her to stay. I think your idea for the show sounds boring as all fuck. I'd prefer to see 14 psychos doing psycho shit for a year instead of 14 normal people rationally discussing and solving their problems.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
i'm pretty sure aside from actually stabbing, everything is allowed. the first night, the drunk asshole got taken down by the ex con. that is pretty much assault in every reality show i've ever seen, but there were no repercussions, production only stepped in when dumbass drunk katniss was gonna die from alcohol poisoning.

what i don't get is, why is not one voting off the redneck and ex con, they destroy food and don't seem to do any work. but i guess if work output is a factor, you'd vote off nearly everyone since they all seem to do shit really, aside from obvious roles like
cook

and now they treat the drunk as a slave builder since he's on probation, he has to work with crazy beth.

also seems like she's overselling the chicken tractor.
Chicken tractor - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Namon

Blackwing Lair Raider
Except that's bullshit. If there were legitimately no rules or guidance, you wouldn't have to worry about the laws of whatever country they're shooting this in. I'm pretty sure there'd be a murder or four with how these assholes act. Most of these people have personalities that are built upon years of living entitled asshole lives where they're free to act like assholes due to the laws they've grown up with where you can't be retaliated against for your actions.

I stopped watching because you can tell they just cast psychos so that they would clash for "drama." That's not interesting to me anymore. I don't need drama for the sake of drama. I would have preferred if the show stood on the merit of its concept alone, and let normal people play it out (sort of like Big Brother and Survivor; although less Survivor recently with their casting).

Plus, as I said above, I'm convinced this show is scripted as fuck. I don't buy that there's "no guidance." Otherwise you wouldn't have someone in the first 5 minutes throwing a hissy fit because he didn't get to take his entire box of shit while everyone else is there playing nice. That just screams to me that a producer before the show said, "Hey, act like an asshole."
This is my feeling too. I think the concept is very solid and I would really enjoy seeing how a group of 15 relatively normal people from various demographics would play this out together over an entire year. I mean the conflict of trying to build up and survive against the elements would be entertainment enough (although this may require a more volatile climate). I too, do not really feel like watching Jerry Springer in the wild. It's funny for about ten minutes, and then it just gets old.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
saw a minute of this, was fucking terrible. and i want to hire some gay rapists to violate the show's host.

Oldbased

> Than U
Soo skip this? I had planned to watch this and forgot about it until I saw a ad tonight. I was expecting Disco's Colony in a Survivor format, but reality TV lately has been horrible on every channel, even shit that isn't supposed to be scripted all is and it is so damn obvious it just ruins the point of even watching it.