V Rising

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
Hit gear level 73 tonight, knocked out Azariel (pretty easy fight) and Stormwing (took three attempts, she's easy, her adds suck though).

For giggles, we tried Solarus and got him to 75% before we dipped out. His mechanics are pretty crazy, with lots happening at once. For now, we are farming jewelry to make gold bars for upgrading our neckpieces.

6 more bosses to go.

Last edited:
  • 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Drajakur

Molten Core Raider
Game is pretty fun. Its a bit goofy but I think in a fun way. The animations and audio are very campy in parts. I really really like how you can tune server settings. I took care of all the grindy bullshit and teleporting limits and my son and I are just running around having fun. Definitely worth a purchase imho.

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
Definitely worth a purchase imho.
Yeah, the game is EASILY worth the $20 price tag, but I agree that there isn't really a ton there. I'm sure it's something friends and I will revisit every 6-12 months, but I don't think it has the legs of something even as "simple" as a Conan: Exiles.

I really enjoy how they handled a lot of the boss fights in this game as many of them are unique and even challenging (especially if you have more than 1 person). Problem is, unlike games like Valheim, the aforementioned Conan, ARK, etc. you don't really have the "base-building" to keep you occupied as you progress. That part of V Rising is VERY straight-forward and simplistic. And while you can do some fun stuff with decorating and the like, your castle basically just ends up as a series of square rooms in order to accommodate room/flooring bonuses. Plus, you can't build "up" at all either.

I think the building portion will always be a limitation of their design choices, but I do think they could add some longevity/replayability by adding some RNG elements to bosses, boss locations, loot, map generation, etc.

Jozu

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
so yeah networking is key in video games as it is in life, a simple "yoooo" in global chat lead to me talking to a dude who ended up inviting me into his clan. Turns out the clan is the top one on the server, and the clan leader is gear score 83 and is the baddest dude on the server.

He gave me a horse and a bunch of end game gear and now im running around at gs 71 looooooool. I played for like 25 hours or so before that, having compiled a gs of 25 with my shitty little wooden hut and wood coffin. Now Im running around like a legend and people say whats up in hesitant curiosity and dont attack me anymore LOL. The clan castle is so big I get lost. He just has hundreds /thousands of mats just sitting around.

Was kind of weird though when the server admin came into the castle with his little butt buddy and was asking "how things were going" while running around as a rat. Not sure if he just comes thru to suck off the powerful ppl on his server or what.

edit: clan leader just gave me all endgame gear im at 81 gs, 84 with potion. I feel like a bougie NBA housewife that suddenly stumbled into undue wealth and lavish excess.

Last edited:
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
Bummed this didn't catch on more here. I'm gear level 81, still have a couple bosses to go but haven't been super pressed to get them done and been building a huge complex in the mean time in Silverlight Hills.

Xevy

Log Wizard
I like these kinds of games, but feel like it's "too late" to play it and be somewhat competitive. I'll wait for a big content patch and then maybe think about starting up with some friends who also held off because of PoE launch.

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
I like these kinds of games, but feel like it's "too late" to play it and be somewhat competitive. I'll wait for a big content patch and then maybe think about starting up with some friends who also held off because of PoE launch.

Be competitive with regards to what exactly?

Xevy

Log Wizard
Be competitive with regards to what exactly?
PVP and stuff? We'd play the full PVP mode if we played. But going in completely noob versus the guys who min-max their suck slaves and classes and shit is definitely going to feel less fun.

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
PVP and stuff? We'd play the full PVP mode if we played. But going in completely noob versus the guys who min-max their suck slaves and classes and shit is definitely going to feel less fun.
But doing that at the next big content dump will just put your further behind the curve?

PvP currently isn't that great, sieges are sorta broken and the mats you need for keys are insane grind fests.

Jozu

Yea the game seems to be dying alrdy.

The guy who gave me all endgame gear doesnt even log in anymore. Thats what is wild about this game, someone can just gift you to endgame, only thing is u have to collect abilities from killing bosses in the world. So you can be gear score 81 on day 1 but u wont have any abilities.

I think its a cool feature. Realistic really, as anyone can wear some bad ass armor and look the part but they have no skills or talents.

Another problem is all of the servers. The player base is stretched all out with 5 or 6 people per server....

pwe

How will this game work for 4 people who just wants to co-op all the pve content and then move on? No pvp please :) Recommended?

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
It’ll go great. Just know some bosses scale with more players and are pretty rough to try with more than 2.

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
How will this game work for 4 people who just wants to co-op all the pve content and then move on? No pvp please :) Recommended?
It'll seem pretty "dry" in parts just because I firmly believe they expected you to PVP during those points. Just doing PVE will seem like a farm sim at times.

Hachima

Molten Core Raider
The game is free to play this weekend. The new 'Mad Hunt' (shows a dice icon on the server list) feature that scrambles boss location and unlocks they provide adds some interesting replay ability since you end can end up using skills you normally wouldn't have in a normal playthrough. I wouldn't recommend that mode to anyone new to the game though.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Xevy

Log Wizard
Huge new patch which is basically a free expansion launches tomorrow.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users