Vacuum Cleaners

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Blakkheim

Karazhan Raider
Any recommendations based on your own experience?

Reading reviews on different websites (the usual's such as consumer reports/amazon etc) basically everything out there is a piece of shit unless you want to pay $800 or $1k or more.

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
Any recommendations based on your own experience?

Reading reviews on different websites (the usual's such as consumer reports/amazon etc) basically everything out there is a piece of shit unless you want to pay $800 or $1k or more.

You really have two options, get like a 100 dollar vacuum (pick any top seller in that category on amazon) and it will last you a year or three and do a good enough job, or get a 500-1k vacume and it will last two-three decades or longer if you repair and maintain properly, and will do a great job of vacuuming.

Ryanz

<Banned>
I have lots of furry animals and my Dyson has been the best purchase I've ever made. Totally worth the cost imo.

Falstaff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
We just got the Dyson V8 cordless and we love it. Absolutely going to get a Dyson vacuum when our other one finally dies.... which is a Bissell and it works great. But honestly we've taken to vacuuming what little carpet we have in our house with the Dyson now.

lurkingdirk

AssHat Taint
<Medals Crew>
How well to Roombas work? I love the idea of turning one on when I leave and coming back to a clean floor.

All our floors are wood or tile with a few low-pile area rugs.

Ryanz

<Banned>
Was just about to ask the same thing. Ripping up all the carpet in the house and replacing with laminate. Would love an army of vacuum bots if they actually work well.

Frenzied Wombat

Potato del Grande
I've had a Dyson for literally 10 years. No clue what fucking model, but the thing is indestructible. Very much worth the investment.

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
Dysons are a pretty good midrange between the $100 shit at walmart that will break in a year and the $1000 made of fucking steel ones.

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
I paid like 100 bucks for the Shark pet vacuum. It's been awesome. I've had it about 3 years now. Has good suction.

BrutulTM

<Silver Donator>
I had a Roomba like 8 years ago and it was pretty decent. It certainly kept things cleaner than me never vacuuming. You do have to empty the dirt compartment about every other time it runs though. The batteries went bad on it after 3 years or so. I imagine they have gotten better since I had mine.

Blakkheim

Karazhan Raider
I know Dyson is the "in vogue" option for a lot of people but I can't seem to get past a lot of the terrible reviews I keep finding on them as being overrated.

I did come across this Miele - Model C2 which seems to have good reviews across a verity of sites.

Miele® Complete C2 Limited Edition Canister Vacuum

Has anyone ever had/used a Miele before?

• 2Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Picasso3

Silver Baronet of the Realm
I do not recommend dyson (have had two and the handheld). I do recommend a bot vacuum however i do not recommend the neato botvac d75 which i have.

Chanur

<Gold Donor>
I personally don't like the cannister vacuums. They seem like they would be a pain to vacuum with.

BrutulTM

<Silver Donator>
I have a Riccar that my Mom gave me when she got a new vacuum. She had it for many years before I got it and I've had it for a long time also (although I admit I don't vacuum that much). Seems pretty solid and they get good reviews online.

Blakkheim

Karazhan Raider
I have a Riccar that my Mom gave me when she got a new vacuum. She had it for many years before I got it and I've had it for a long time also (although I admit I don't vacuum that much). Seems pretty solid and they get good reviews online.
Does your mom have another Riccar she plans to get rid of?

Mrs. Gravy

Quite Saucy
<QUITE SAUCY>
I paid like 100 bucks for the Shark pet vacuum. It's been awesome. I've had it about 3 years now. Has good suction.
One of the Sharks will be my next vacuum purchase. My sister cleans homes for a living and she has used practically every vacuum on the market. She loves her Shark the most for its function but also its form and weight.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Chanur

<Gold Donor>
One of the Sharks will be my next vacuum purchase. My sister cleans homes for a living and she has used practically every vacuum on the market. She loves her Shark the most for its function but also its form and weight.
Yeah mine is pretty lightweight but has worked like a champ. Best vacuumed I've ever owned. Just a little Shark Navigator bagless.

Layzi

Molten Core Raider
Miele is good. I got the C3 Limited edition on sale from Amazon. Best vacuum i've owned but that's not saying much