Valheim - Viking Survival Game (Early Access)

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

TomServo

<Bronze Donator>
My daughter is almost 5 and this is the first time we've kinda been able to play a game together. She likes sitting in my lap and looking for skeeters and trolls for me. I think that just secured Valheim in my "fond memories" banks
Should have her box an account to help on bonemass.

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
I just got into mistlands.. Any tips for making the exploration of this zone less painful?

I've got the wisp and I load up on sta food to scale cliffs fast

Erronius

Macho Ma'am
<Gold Donor>
Yes and those that will exist

05d.jpg

• 1Smuggly
Reactions: 1 user

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
They really need some kind of better mist clearing system in mistlands. From the moments where the mist is clear the zone looks gorgeous. It's a nightmare to navigate.

There should be something where if you toil long enough in this zone you can craft something to clear massive amounts of mist.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Kaige

ReRefugee
<WoW Guild Officer>
Yeah, mist torches don't do a lot.

Mistlands is definitely some next level shit, though.

Captain Suave

Caesar si viveret, ad remum dareris.
I didn't think it was that bad. Parry/riposte the bugs and use the arbalest to shoot the fire blimps. Explore a bit until you find a nice open spot for a base - the mist distribution is fixed.

Bandwagon

Kolohe
<Silver Donator>
There's a girl in my office that has been playing valheim with some friends since it came out and they were really excited about Mistlands. She didn't say this, but I got the impression they were bummed out with how much of a pain in the dick it is once the "Wow!" factor wore off. Not the same kind of annoyance as bugs and shitty, time-wasting systems in MMOs and stuff...just painful progress because of the environment (which she admits is really cool, just a bitch).

I guess it's a fine line in implementing stuff like that in games with where the sadism/masochism relationship between developer and player is one of the appeals. You've gotta abuse the player base a little bit when that's the expectation, but push too hard and you lose your audience.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Cynical

Canuckistani Terrorist

Saw this is out, looks like a lot of new settings I would have liked 2 years ago running a server, added difficulty modes like hardcore ect

If i wasn't so involved with BG3 and BDO, I'd spin a new server up again, I'm not the hardcore type, but that kind of gameplay in valheim could be fun.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users