Valheim - Viking Survival Game (Early Access)

TomServo

<Bronze Donator>
My daughter is almost 5 and this is the first time we've kinda been able to play a game together. She likes sitting in my lap and looking for skeeters and trolls for me. I think that just secured Valheim in my "fond memories" banks
Should have her box an account to help on bonemass.

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
I just got into mistlands.. Any tips for making the exploration of this zone less painful?

I've got the wisp and I load up on sta food to scale cliffs fast

Erronius

Macho Ma'am
<Gold Donor>
Yes and those that will exist

05d.jpg

• 1Smuggly
Reactions: 1 user

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
They really need some kind of better mist clearing system in mistlands. From the moments where the mist is clear the zone looks gorgeous. It's a nightmare to navigate.

There should be something where if you toil long enough in this zone you can craft something to clear massive amounts of mist.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Kaige

ReRefugee
<WoW Guild Officer>
Yeah, mist torches don't do a lot.

Mistlands is definitely some next level shit, though.

Captain Suave

Caesar si viveret, ad remum dareris.
I didn't think it was that bad. Parry/riposte the bugs and use the arbalest to shoot the fire blimps. Explore a bit until you find a nice open spot for a base - the mist distribution is fixed.

Bandwagon

Kolohe
<Silver Donator>
There's a girl in my office that has been playing valheim with some friends since it came out and they were really excited about Mistlands. She didn't say this, but I got the impression they were bummed out with how much of a pain in the dick it is once the "Wow!" factor wore off. Not the same kind of annoyance as bugs and shitty, time-wasting systems in MMOs and stuff...just painful progress because of the environment (which she admits is really cool, just a bitch).

I guess it's a fine line in implementing stuff like that in games with where the sadism/masochism relationship between developer and player is one of the appeals. You've gotta abuse the player base a little bit when that's the expectation, but push too hard and you lose your audience.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Cynical

Canuckistani Terrorist

Saw this is out, looks like a lot of new settings I would have liked 2 years ago running a server, added difficulty modes like hardcore ect

If i wasn't so involved with BG3 and BDO, I'd spin a new server up again, I'm not the hardcore type, but that kind of gameplay in valheim could be fun.

• 2Like

BrotherWu

MAGA
<Silver Donator>
A year and a half since they released the previous biome and all they can come up with is "Ashlands will set your house on fire, LOL"? Could not have seen that coming.

• 1Worf
  • 1Picard

Caliane

baffling design choice. same as mistlands.

cool new biome! but actually building/spending any time there is just a pain in the ass.

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users