Valheim - Viking Survival Game (Early Access)

Quineloe

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Guys this is littering
1617177282019.png

• 3Worf
Reactions: 2 users

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
I love the EQ style death penalty. It makes you prepare and respect the environments more. I know it sucks when you die, but it makes it all that much sweeter when you survive and win. This game and its success despite is a big fuck you to all those that always argued against EQ style death penalty in games.

• 6Like
Reactions: 5 users

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
Also, Ive killed several boar and deer on this server and they arent dropping a shit load of material. Dont know how you guys are getting that? I thought that was client side anyways?
Early game really need to corral some boars and farm them.

Varia Vespasa

Vyemm Raider
Ah cool, thanks for the perimeter map. There's a few small mountains too, but unless that northeast arm has a larger mountain I have grave reservations that any of them are large enough to have silver or obsidian or drakes. They might be able to manage a wolf or two. Well, thats what boats are for I guess.

Planning note- I have had some ambitious thoughts, and so I may be moving my main base north up the east coast of the left-hand arm to near where Quineloe's boat is in that pic, both for easier ocean access, and more importantly, a natural low-lying spit of land out into the water to use as the foundation for my harbor.

Quineloe

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I can't believe it, we cleared fagling villages for an entire week without finding it, and here I randomly dick around in one small plains and this happens

1617207410776.png

This was also pretty intense..
1617217512111.png

Last edited:
  • 2Worf
  • 2Like
  • 1Mother of God
Reactions: 4 users

Varia Vespasa

Vyemm Raider
Cynical- The merchant has been found, along with an apparently iron-rich swamp, so popping the Elder is now valuable. Its your server, so I'm not gonna go whack him without your say-so, but keep it in mind.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Not sure if this was here already, have not read the whole thread, but If anyone needs merchant and cant find one on their map, load up this seed made by devs for this problem....42069lolxd.... just travel south to black forest (have to cross river) and hes there.

Last edited:

Cynical

Canuckistani Terrorist
Cynical- The merchant has been found, along with an apparently iron-rich swamp, so popping the Elder is now valuable. Its your server, so I'm not gonna go whack him without your say-so, but keep it in mind.
Oh go for it if I'm not around, I'd like to get him by the end of today though, I'm still a landlubber.

Tmac

Adventurer
<Gold Donor>
Not sure if this was here already, have not read the whole thread, but If anyone needs merchant and cant find one on their map, load up this seed made by devs for this problem....42069lolxd.... just travel south to black forest (have to cross river) and hes there.

There’s also an addon that’ll reveal the merchant if worse comes to worse.

etchazz

Trakanon Raider
Did anyone else lose connection tonight on Cynical's server, or just me? Couldn't get back on at all. Seems like the lag in the game has been pretty bad the past few days. Don't know what's causing it. I didn't have any issues at all the first few weeks I was playing.

Cynical

Canuckistani Terrorist
Did anyone else lose connection tonight on Cynical's server, or just me? Couldn't get back on at all. Seems like the lag in the game has been pretty bad the past few days. Don't know what's causing it. I didn't have any issues at all the first few weeks I was playing.
As I understand it, if someone loads an area, your affected by their connection for that area. I had that happen earlier, someone was using my base, and the game seemed like there was a 1-2 second lag on doing everything since i showed up after them. Usually I'm the only one there, so I never see that.

I also have to restart the game at least once every few hours, not sure about anyone else. Seems to be better when I come back.

If there is a lot of terrain changes in an area, it will get really laggy. If you hit F2, there is something called Instances listed there, if that is over 7000 it starts to get choppy sometimes, higher it goes, laggier that general area gets. a lot of fire sources will do it too, why I don't use many torches ect

I dunno if any of that is you, but server has been "ok" for me aside from higher ping, i had lag during elder fights tonite though.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Quineloe

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
F2 instance count mostly gets raised to problematic levels by massive hoe use.

as we all know: no hoes, no problems.

ayways map update:

1617274691644.png

Last edited:

Bruuce

Blackwing Lair Raider
ru guys playing on 2 different servers or 1. all these maps seems different. I joined one earlier but was just walking around aimlessly. Thought I saw quineloe portal somewhere but couldnt find portal

Quineloe

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
ru guys playing on 2 different servers or 1. all these maps seems different. I joined one earlier but was just walking around aimlessly. Thought I saw quineloe portal somewhere but couldnt find portal
That must have been fires of heaven valheim server 1

everyone currently is on This is Valheim - access data earlier in this thread by Cynical.

I have now fully secured a base for anyone who's past boss #2, gonna focus on food there for now so anyone who wants to use it to iron farming, it's right between two major crypt infested swamps can set up shop there. Build yourself a portal called "quineloe" to access.

things still needed: bees

Last edited:

Bruuce

Blackwing Lair Raider
I was using.
Direct IP: 149.255.35.210:30500
Steam:149.255.35.210:30501
pw:fires21

lmk if u guys are playing on a dif one. I was near the stones and I thought I saw you move as if you used a portal near the stones but couldnt find one if you did. I just beat 3rd boss in my world, been playing with the kid and gf and been playing mostly clean. Did cheat to do a few CRs and move some ore between camps a couple times but thats it

Quineloe

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
There's a portal currently active(name is quineloe), I don't know where it originates. Means I gotta find cores for another.

Currently low on brown mushrooms, could use a 2nd bee queen and raw meat. Forge is level 5, workshop is level 1. Anyone welcome (although the area is best suited for players who killed Elder), just ping me somehow to permit you to the wards.

Last edited: