Valheim - Viking Survival Game (Early Access)

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Cynical

Canuckistani Terrorist
I need this in my life now, can't stop thinking of it:
JUSTVALHEIM.jpg

• 1Like
  • 1Blown
Reactions: 1 users

Cynical

Canuckistani Terrorist
Cynical can you set difficulty flat to 10 for the server? We need harder enemies.

Is that the console command? I tried it, but I don't think it works on servers, it's considered one of the cheat commands, oddly enough.

I think theres mods for stuff like that though, I'll take a look tomorrow. There really aren't many features as a server admin, not like Conan, which has a bunch. I think aside from kick/ban ect, I can only change the lodbias and manually do a world save, without modding that is.

Quineloe

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
everyone can change lodbias, it doesn't even require devcommands active.

Did you add yourself to the server as admin?

Quineloe

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
apprently you can't because even if you're admin listed you still can't use dev commands. Man I wanted Faglings that take 15 hits to die.

• 1Dislike
Reactions: 1 user

Xerge

<Donor>
  • 2Like

Cynical

Canuckistani Terrorist
Fuck this game, I'm gonna cheat. Swear everytime I click to place shit in water is when a wave hits.

Client side, many mods are.

• 2Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Tripamang

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
I use a mod that shows me the boss locations and the location of the trader. I spent five hours searching for the trader and that fuck head was on the other side of the map across an ocean.

It also let's me move ore through portals.. Which is a bullshit limitation imo especially when you can't get the cart when you need to haul around copper and tin.

• 1Like

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Huh? A cart only requires 1 bar of bronze which you can easily transport and make in one quick trip to black forest.

I mean play the game the way you want but they made these limitations for a reason. They want you to craft and use ships to explore the world, and use them to transport the ore, rather than stay in one place and farm all the shit via portals. The first ship is pretty much same, 1 quick trip to black forest and youre sailing and transporting. Using portals to transport ore is like one of, if not the biggest cheats in this game IMO.

Infinite inventory weight? I mean come on. No movement speed degen wile wearing armor? those are huge cheats. My dude in full iron right now has something like -20% move speed, lol.

• 2Like

Tripamang

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Huh? A cart only requires 1 bar of bronze which you can easily transport and make in one quick trip to black forest.

I mean play the game the way you want but they made these limitations for a reason. They want you to craft and use ships to explore the world, and use them to transport the ore, rather than stay in one place and farm all the shit via portals. The first ship is pretty much same, 1 quick trip to black forest and youre sailing and transporting. Using portals to transport ore is like one of, if not the biggest cheats in this game IMO.

Infinite inventory weight? I mean come on. No movement speed degen wile wearing armor? those are huge cheats. My dude in full iron right now has something like -20% move speed, lol.
You can choose what you turn on or off in that mod pack. I just used the location reveals and the portal cheat. I don't seem to have the cart available to build?

Tin and copper is a ridiculous grind.

Bah apparently I needed to make nails.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
You have to craft the nails to get the cart and 1st ship to unlock. Which is 1 bar of bronze to make 20 I think. And yeah all metals are a grind. They are meant to be.

This is also why you have to craft everything that opens up, because 1 craft opens up another in many cases.

• 1Like

Varia Vespasa

Vyemm Raider
Iron nails too to unlock stuff, once you get iron.

Cynical- Whats your opinion on whacking Bonemass, in terms of when? I'm perfectly ready now, but I dont wanna pee in other peoples progression soup, as it were, since I dont know where everyone is in terms of bronze and iron tech.

Cynical

Canuckistani Terrorist
I'm fine with it whenever, just like to join in.

Think we have several places of relative safety now, so people still can catch up if they join new. I've only been getting occasional swamp raids, and trolls are popping up outside my bases sometimes.

Bruuce

Blackwing Lair Raider
I'm fine with it whenever, just like to join in.

Think we have several places of relative safety now, so people still can catch up if they join new. I've only been getting occasional swamp raids, and trolls are popping up outside my bases sometimes.
Lets gooo

• 1Picard

Cynical

Canuckistani Terrorist
I can see it being fine for those that just want the sandbox experience, game doesn't really have that.

My goal is just to build forges/stations at each resource area, with those linked to portal, don't need to haul ores/bars, except when starting a fresh base.

Teleport ore is probaly the biggest thing people ask for, to point devs made a sticky post for it on steam. I hope it's never put in game, no matter how frustrated I get with sailing sometimes. Personally I think it should have more restrictions. Wood, stone, ect should be restricted. With a portal, I can turn a little bit of land sticking out in ocean into islands by shipping in tons of stone via portal.

• 1Like