Valheim - Viking Survival Game (Early Access)

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
Yeah, my friend who's a big Dark Souls fan had no problem w/ the boss early on. I am impatient and got gibbed, though I was also a dummy and built my first house next to 'these neatly organized stones w/ the deer statue...'

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
Well I'm retarded

I was trying to figure out why my progression felt so stalled after the first boss was down. Realized I hadn't picked up flint yet. Le Sigh

Caliane

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Everybody I've watched play this (including WAB) have said how it's "the best survival game", but.. is it really?
First post by the guy above me is Thursday and he and his friends have beaten the entire Early Access content in mere 5 days.

That doesn't sound like 7000hours of playtime out of it like for example. ARK:SE with DLC's.
I don''t see it yet. friend praising it. Also called it "the next terraria".
People here of course.

So I bit yesterday.
AWFUL graphics. bad animations. Weird choices with blur, chromatic aberrations, lens flares, etc... (most of which can be turned off.)

Terrain deformation-good. skillup by doing-good.
no dev time wasted on pvp-good. neat ideas like tree fall damage, food=max hp system.

I've not seen anything really that makes it stand out at all. (granted obviously not very far. Still hunting boars/deer for leather... anything to speed that shit up?)

Its no Subnautica.

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
I don''t see it yet. friend praising it. Also called it "the next terraria".
People here of course.

So I bit yesterday.
AWFUL graphics. bad animations. Weird choices with blur, chromatic aberrations, lens flares, etc... (most of which can be turned off.)

Terrain deformation-good. skillup by doing-good.
no dev time wasted on pvp-good. neat ideas like tree fall damage, food=max hp system.

I've not seen anything really that makes it stand out at all. (granted obviously not very far. Still hunting boars/deer for leather... anything to speed that shit up?)

Its no Subnautica.
Sounds like the best survival games just aren't for you. ;)

I really do like the food system where it grants you your full hp.

I wish making paths would add them to the map. Or is that already a feature somewhere later in prograssion?

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
1613162502562.png

• 3Worf
  • 2Like
Reactions: 4 users

McFly

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
I'm renting a server so peeps from FoH can play together. Server IP and PW coming soon once I get it organized. (Probably Saturday/Sunday)

More to come

• 2Like

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
I lost a pile of good shit in a black Forest crypt. The room is full of skellies and a ghost and I just can't seem to get it back.

Any suggestions? I don't have ore refinery ways yet.

Note on lessons learned: bring only the essentials to the dungeons. Leave everything else.

Caliane

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I lost a pile of good shit in a black Forest crypt. The room is full of skellies and a ghost and I just can't seem to get it back.

Any suggestions? I don't have ore refinery ways yet.

Note on lessons learned: bring only the essentials to the dungeons. Leave everything else.
my first death was to a crypt like that. yeah, skel archer tagged me a couple times while dealing with the one in the front. and died running back..

But, honestly, wasn't that tough to retrieve the second time, when I actually made the smallest effort. aka, running back naked did not work... running back naked, but with food buff, and a t3 stone axe was fine. lol.

Dunno if enemies respawn in dungeons over long periods.. but they don't in short. so you should be able to go back, and sneak in, pull one by one, with a bow or axe. run back to the doorway if you ahve to, and abuse running outside to heal, if you have to. Shut doors, to buy time if you need to.

(glowing pile of bones does respawn skels. its a spawn pile, which you can destroy to stop)

melee/shield skels you can just block, then smash easy. the archers are the biggest danger, esp if they are tagging you, while you are dealing with the melee skels. try to fall back, and make them come to you. ghosts, just dps burn em. or bow them from range.

Honey has high hp regen. remember cold/wet reduce healing. so drop campfires.

rad

Lord of Guk
Odd bug, had a friend get pushed back through a portal when two of us came out the other side (he had yet to load fully) and it crashed him. When he came back he was dead and his body was gone, just purchased belt/helm from Merchant too, rough stuff.

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
A few random screens. Haven't killed/triggered Bonemass yet, that's a task for this weekend. I feel cursed when it comes to crypts, I see that some people have had multiple (and up to several) crypts in one swamp... we've had 1 crypt for every 5-6 Swamp biomes we find (and I've covered most of them on foot, not just gliding by on a boat). Our last run yeilded almost 200 bars across 2 crypts, so our party of 4 is making some headway on upgrades at least.

Found my first bug.... the hearth can cause smoke inhalation by not even putting it down, lol. Just having it on your cursor from the build menu and moving it around the room is enough.

1613239538971.png

1613239564408.png

1613239772187.png

• 2Like

McFly

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
If anyone playing would like to join a server I rented one for Valheim.

• I spent a little bit trying to run around the perimeter of the first biome just to get a sense for the seen ( coincidently the seed is 'fohguild' 😉). You can see I've barely made a dent on this map.

• The icons you see here are still active and I've not yet entered any of the crypts or troll caves.

• Once you join the server you'll be at the spawn location. I've got a portal to my base there. When at my base you should see 2 additional live portals, Portal 2 Is near a swamp area and Portal 3 is on the coast — which you can see a large mountain across the water.

This is the World/Map as of 02/13/2021

Joining the server.

Go to Steam > View > Serversfoh
Click Favorites Tab
Step 1: Click Add a Server
Step 2: Copy/Paste this IP addres: 148.72.171.44:28301
Step 3: Click the server and then Connect
Step 4: Once you hit start you need to enter the password for the server: PW: (DM me here for the PW)
Step 5: ...
Step 6: Profit!

FoH Valhaim How-To.jpg

Feel free to join me on there, I'm still planning out my base and dock. I've got a ward up around it, but if anyone needs any mats that I have, I can add you to the ward's permitted list. (We can coordinate in Discord if needed).

If you get bored of solo play (like I was), feel free to hop on in been looking forward to experiencing the game with other players.

Last edited:
  • 7Like
Reactions: 6 users

Xevy

Log Wizard
I know you may or may not want to do this, but as server host you can actually run a command to clear all fog and view the entire world map should you like to.