Valheim - Viking Survival Game (Early Access)

Erronius

Macho Ma'am
<Gold Donor>
I didn't think bronze was that bad, but I purposely only used the antler pickaxe so I could repair it on-site without having to build all the other shit to repair a better pickaxe with. Mine/repair/mine/repair nonstop. Fill chests with stone and ore, then load up a cart.

But I'm saying this when I had a Black Forest near my starting area, with a literal fuckton of copper nodes. I'm not sure if that's with every seed generation, or not.

My gripe with copper was the way it generates. Not sure how other people found it to be, but I felt like you either A) skim a node and go to the next to minimize time spent, or B) you sit there and entirely strip-mine a node out completely. I either wish the copper was more centralized, or that the game would let you tunnel after parts of a node, instead of literally digging gargantuan holes.

I also wish you could REPAIR stonework, even if you can't yet BUILD stonework.

Break

Silver Baronet of the Realm
We found it way easier to just bring a boat, Black Forests are pretty common after all and usually not too far by boat no matter where you are. Unless you played the game very very wrong and didn't build your main base near water, boat >>> cart.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Janx

<Silver Donator>
Intadasting. Kinda janky but looks interesting.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

etchazz

Trakanon Raider
I killed my first troll today! Was chopping down wood when this giant boulder blew up right by my head! I turned around, and this gigantic troll is coming after me! Bastard trashed most of my home, but I got him down by kiting him around and about 30 arrows! This game is amazing, but I think I'd enjoy it more with some people to play with. I'm making very little progress in the game, and my home looks like shit. If anyone has any helpful pointers on how to make the roof, I'm all ears. If I was an architect or a carpenter in real life, I'd have starved to death a long time ago...

• 5Like
Reactions: 4 users

Quineloe

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Hahaha. I died.

to be fair, it's a functional chimney allowing a fire in the center of the house so you get rested no matter where you hang out. It's a bit more than just a tiny roof :)

I killed my first troll today! Was chopping down wood when this giant boulder blew up right by my head! I turned around, and this gigantic troll is coming after me! Bastard trashed most of my home, but I got him down by kiting him around and about 30 arrows! This game is amazing, but I think I'd enjoy it more with some people to play with. I'm making very little progress in the game, and my home looks like shit. If anyone has any helpful pointers on how to make the roof, I'm all ears. If I was an architect or a carpenter in real life, I'd have starved to death a long time ago...

Don't build your roof last. Build it first to cover what you have *planned* i.e. on the first level of walls, so you know it works once your entire house is up and you're working 10 meters above the ground with hard to reach spots.

Once you know your roof will hold, raze it again and build the house. If it collapses on ground level, it will collapse sky high as well and you know you need to add some core wood support - before your entire house is in the way.

One thing for sure: This game is not really optional multiplayer for many people. It's so much more fun when you have multiple people, even if it means you have to gear out multiple people, mostly because it's not three times the effort to gear three people but a little less because you only need all the upgrades once. Plus some people enjoy some tasks more and will happily do that stuff enough times to do it for multiple people and in return others will prefer other stuff.

We have a guy who's making enough food for four players.

• 1Like

Jox

Molten Core Raider

It's hard to make the roof look nice. Can try mixing 45 and 26 for different parts of the house, extending the roof 1 square past the edge of the wall for some overhang sometimes, or bring the roof peak all the way to the edge instead of using corner pieces or vice versa. For a more domey look, you could put 45s on the edges and then 26s for the middle.

Drajakur

Molten Core Raider
Found the Plains. Found a DeathSquito. Found my maker. Multiple hilarious corpse runs ensued. EQ memories are awakened.

• 4Worf
  • 4Like
Reactions: 7 users

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
I got all suited up and ready for bonemass. Max armor, potions ... all set.

Forgot to eat my buffed food before summon.

• 1Worf
  • 1Rustled

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Found the Plains. Found a DeathSquito. Found my maker. Multiple hilarious corpse runs ensued. EQ memories are awakened.

Those things are a bitch and seem to have a huge aggro range. I was running in black forest and apparently there was a plains north of me that wasn't even on my minimap yet, but a squito was around, and killed me. Then the corpse run back with that thing still aggroing, and there is a delay when picking up your corpse, so it will hit you again and kill you. I think I died 3 times, the 2nd and 3rd was moving my corpse a little further away from the plains to avoid aggro.

BrotherWu

MAGA
<Silver Donator>
I have no idea how you fuckers are able to build shit that is that organized and well-planned. My base looks like hillbilly farm that with shit just half assed randomly thrown around the yard. I guess part of it is that I am playing solo and I ain't got time for that.

• 2Like

TomServo

<Bronze Donator>
I'm that no good cousin from the sticks who won't leave Mcflys Mansion. Even put a cot next to his bbq.

• 1Like
  • 1Worf

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>
Those things are a bitch and seem to have a huge aggro range. I was running in black forest and apparently there was a plains north of me that wasn't even on my minimap yet, but a squito was around, and killed me. Then the corpse run back with that thing still aggroing, and there is a delay when picking up your corpse, so it will hit you again and kill you. I think I died 3 times, the 2nd and 3rd was moving my corpse a little further away from the plains to avoid aggro.
Once you figure out how they attack, they become much easier to kill. Just stand still, wait for them to charge, and then shoot them as they come straight for you.

GeneralF

Golden Knight of the Realm
I guess part of it is that I am playing solo and I ain't got time for that.

Playing multiplayer is what keeps me playing this game. 163 hours to date and still haven't killed the fourth boss. I make food, gather mats for useless buildings and other stuff to add to the village to make it prettier, brew meads, explore biomes so we have more places to raid. I wouldn't do half of that stuff for myself.

I was wondering if you guys could help me with something: I lost power today and it made me realize that I need a macro that runs along with my dedicated server that would backup the files like, every 2 hours or so? I have no idea what to add to my .bat

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
Just took down bonemass. I had maxed out iron gear, iron shield and maul. Food was honey, sausage, and carrot soup. Brought a couple poison res and health pots.

I was able to kite him around a crypt entrance when I needed some regen time. Used stagbreaker if the adds became a problem. Other than that just tanked til he barfed. Spam health pots when avail.

Just found out what I though were mountains near my first spawn base aren't really mountains. REAL mountains have a whole lotta evil up in em.

• 1Like

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Once you figure out how they attack, they become much easier to kill. Just stand still, wait for them to charge, and then shoot them as they come straight for you.
Yeah, I was still in bronze, was just looking for swamps, when I ran across that. Basically two shot me. And they keep up through sprinting.

Bandwagon

Kolohe
<Silver Donator>
Heriotze Heriotze upgraded the love boat
1615003166643.png

1615003792298.png

coming home
1615007762015.png

to a leech farm....
1615007784099.png

Last edited:
  • 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
Not happy with game right now. Got wishbone. Was going off in the mountains. Dig dig dig dig. Nothing. Still going crazy on teh wishbone. Pick breaks. I leave to repair. Come back to the exact spot. No more wishbone beeping anywhere.

wtf