Valheim - Viking Survival Game (Early Access)

GeneralF

Golden Knight of the Realm
Not happy with game right now. Got wishbone. Was going off in the mountains. Dig dig dig dig. Nothing. Still going crazy on teh wishbone. Pick breaks. I leave to repair. Come back to the exact spot. No more wishbone beeping anywhere.

wtf
It usually stops pinging when you've uncovered the silver. Look around a bit and you should see it.

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
Do you guys like do a grid search for silver in the mountains or what?

Hachima

Molten Core Raider
Do you guys like do a grid search for silver in the mountains or what?
I only search on snow and not on rock slopes. There is a certain frequency of pulsing that indicates all you need to do is dig straight down.

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>
Yeah, I was still in bronze, was just looking for swamps, when I ran across that. Basically two shot me. And they keep up through sprinting.
Oh yeah don't get me wrong, when we first came across those things I died a lot. Especially when you don't know they are there and 2 shot you.

Quineloe

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
It usually stops pinging when you've uncovered the silver. Look around a bit and you should see it.
That's why I dig with the bronze pick, if you ding the silver it doesn't damage it and doesn't stop the wish boning.

Remember silver usually spawns as 3/8s of a swastika, and only the center part actually beeps at max frequency. So the second most frequent beeping might be good enough to start digging for one of the ends, and then once you're like 6-7 digs down just expand the hole.

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
Went looking for more mountains on new islands
Packed up my longship with everything I needed for a new portal
Ocean turned to complete fog
Seaserpent chased me. I fled to nearest shoreline
Only shore was plains
Goblins swam out to kill me. Started fighting seamonster instead
Got stuck on shoreline
Goblins destroy my ship
I run for it. Lose the goblins
Swarm of mosquitoes find me
I die. Far away

This is valheim

• 5Like
  • 3Worf
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 8 users

Drajakur

Molten Core Raider
Our longship sunk. I mined 45 tin to make it again. Had to build a raft to sail faaaaar back home. Weighed too much. Tried to throw some tin back on land. It sunk into an abyss. Sea Serpent came. Killed me. I logged off for the night. This is Valheim.

• 7Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 7 users

Quineloe

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Went looking for more mountains on new islands
Packed up my longship with everything I needed for a new portal
Ocean turned to complete fog
Seaserpent chased me. I fled to nearest shoreline
Only shore was plains
Goblins swam out to kill me. Started fighting seamonster instead
Got stuck on shoreline
Goblins destroy my ship
I run for it. Lose the goblins
Swarm of mosquitoes find me
I die. Far away

This is valheim
longship is actually faster than serpent. It's also tough enough to just solo the serpent with a good bow and good arrows if full hp.

• 2Like
  • 1Blown
Reactions: 2 users

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
longship is actually faster than serpent. It's also tough enough to just solo the serpent with a good bow and good arrows if full hp.
Noted

My second longship I built to retrieve my corpse is now sitting stranded where I died a second time. Now we're down to karves, boys!

Erronius

Macho Ma'am
<Gold Donor>
All these years waiting on Pantheon while eating Mozzarella sticks, and this is the game that shows promise.

What a time to be alive.

• 5Like
Reactions: 4 users

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
Found the Plains. Found a DeathSquito. Found my maker. Multiple hilarious corpse runs ensued. EQ memories are awakened.
I was watching Hjune and Shroud on Twitch when they ran across deathsquitos. It was like 3 hours of them hillariously trying to get thier bodies back.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Xerge

<Donor>
All these years waiting on Pantheon while eating Mozzarella sticks, and this is the game that shows promise.

What a time to be alive.

Don't get carried away now, just because this game matched EQ's peak numbers.

• 1Worf

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
Took me three runs to get my corpse back from the plains. Sunk one longship, temporarily stranded another, and had to leave behind a Karve to get it all back.

I'm going to just work on my main base now. Getting all my gear back has given me my fill for adventuring for new lands.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Xevy

Log Wizard
This game was fun, but there's a real dead end if you're not a builder. Once sandbox mode comes out it willl help, but this game should crash pretty soon. The more poopsockier gamers like me beat it too fast and there's 0 reason to go back and unfortunately their content release has no hard set schedule and mostly seems like QoL stuff rather than more to actually progress.

It still amazes me you guys are going at it for much longer than I did. Definitely cool people enjoy it so much, but to me it was a good casual survival game that wasn't bogged down by major bugs or game breaking last-minute PVP addition. Kind of a classic console type game you buy, play it once, and go "yeah, that was cool."

• 1Like

Quineloe

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
it has eyes. the fucking thing has EYES

1615071341612.png

• 1Like

Xerge

<Donor>
Was done with the game with in the first 2 weeks of hype. Any smart person can see a 5 person developer team is not satisfying 5 million players. 1999 called and wants their shit back.

I've refrained from shit posting the game, but come on. It will go no where by the end of the year, there's no reason to keep playing it once you beat the 5 bosses. Any updates will be QoL and 1 more biome finished by next winter.

only thing going for the game is the building system and price point. Every other game does it better. Come back in a year honestly.

• 2Salty
  • 1Moron
  • 1Imbecile
Reactions: 4 users

Quineloe

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I have more hours in this game than I care to admit and I've played it with more people than almost any other game in the last 10 years.

I'm pretty sure if you've beat all five bosses you've gotten plenty of hours into the game, more than for most games you've paid three times the price.

• 5Solidarity
  • 5Like
Reactions: 9 users