Valheim - Viking Survival Game (Early Access)

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

MusicForFish

Ultra Maga Instinct
<Prior Amod>
I've built tons of crazy shit, and still haven't killed Bonemass.

If anyone planning on doing a more progression type playthrough, or just starting out I'd love to join. Been kinda attached to my creations and server, got bored of that, but I've got the urge for a clean start as long as it's at least a few people. Using my server optional, although I'm all for resetting it to a clean random map, or just uploading yours (it's simple)

If you got kids or something, just give me a heads up, I'm not a savage, although deaths might result in colorful language.
Let's build Asgard.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Cynical

Canuckistani Terrorist
Let's build Asgard.
I'll wipe the server tonite if people interested, I may just do it anyway here in a bit, if no one else speaks up with their own server.

I don't run mods, so if that needs be installed on server, can do. I think many are client side anyway.

Edaw

Parody
<Gold Donor>
What we need are IP portals from server to server. That can't be too hard right?

We can play capture the flag! Once a portal is opened it cannot be closed or destroyed until the game is over!

• 1Like

Cynical

Canuckistani Terrorist
Direct IP: 149.255.35.210:30500
Steam:149.255.35.210:30501
pw:fires21

I have no clue what the seed looks like, gonna try not looking at the seed map, at least for awhile.

Gonna make a new character, and then time to raze some forests I guess.

Bandwagon

Kolohe
<Silver Donator>
I wish this was on console. I've been doing a shit ton of yard work when I get home from work and just don't feel like sitting at the computer when I finally come inside. I'd probably fire it up if I could sit on the couch and play though.

Isn't there a steam thing that let's you play your pc games on the TV across wifi? Has anyone tried playing this with a controller?

Heriotze

<Gold Donor>
I wish this was on console. I've been doing a shit ton of yard work when I get home from work and just don't feel like sitting at the computer when I finally come inside. I'd probably fire it up if I could sit on the couch and play though.

Isn't there a steam thing that let's you play your pc games on the TV across wifi? Has anyone tried playing this with a controller?
The Steam link seems like it would just ok alright for this, their control is pretty great actually, but lag can be a killer for any non-turn based games and especially for a game with as severe of death penalties as this one has. Those split seconds that the steam link uses to connect tv -> steam -> internet will be crucial. Maybe they fixed it up a bit since I last tried but I kind of gave up on any real-time games through steam link due to performance. I'll actually spin it up this weekend and report back

• 1Like

Bandwagon

Kolohe
<Silver Donator>
The Steam link seems like it would just ok alright for this, their control is pretty great actually, but lag can be a killer for any non-turn based games and especially for a game with as severe of death penalties as this one has. Those split seconds that the steam link uses to connect tv -> steam -> internet will be crucial. Maybe they fixed it up a bit since I last tried but I kind of gave up on any real-time games through steam link due to performance. I'll actually spin it up this weekend and report back
Thanks, let me know. I'm decent with the blocks and that sounds like it might fuck up my timing, but I'm a horrible gamer in general so I'll probably just die as much. You've played with me, lol...

Slyminxy

Lord Nagafen Raider
What do people use to host?

You mean machine power wise or what type of hosting?

If the former - I'm using a Ryzen 3 with 48GB of RAM and a 1TB SSD, connection is 30/5 (not optic fibre). Running Win10 Pro. It's the same machine that runs the memory hogs (5 ARK servers), hence so much memory. Valheim eats very little in terms of resources.

As far as server goes, you can download Valheim server via SteamCMD, it's also a 1GB download and just run it with a modified bat to edit options for name and password and port.

Edit: Our current world is 128megabytes large. This is what it eats currently when there's 0 players on it.
1616872233475.png

Fucker

Log Wizard

Steam link. It sucked major balls so they quit making it. I found one I bought last week, tried it on a game and threw the whole thing away 5 minutes later. The controller it came with is 100% junk. It was also limited to 1080p...a blurry 1080p.

• 1Worf

Cynical

Canuckistani Terrorist
Only takes a bit to get a decent first camp setup now. Fun starting again, kinda held onto my original character the whole time. Gonna kill the 1st boss out of pure boredom later on if no one shows up, need dat mining pick. Just gonna do slow, somewhat organized & steady progression, and I'm awesome at dying, so all welcome.
valheim27.jpg

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Cynical

Canuckistani Terrorist
Uh thanks Folersucksbigcock(sic?) for the sausage on the ground, and disappearing into my food hut with door closed for an extraordinary long time. I really hope you didn't touch my food after that, just gross dude, there's thousands of bushes in the game. Glad I didn't have sound on.

Kidding, I was watching TV & on phone a bit, so didn't get a chance to even figure out if chat worked. Umm who were you, oh creepy & silent one?

Quineloe

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
That is what I did, it prompted that message. Are you playing with mods or does it only work on bonfires?

sadris

Karen
<Donor>
Direct IP: 149.255.35.210:30500
Steam:149.255.35.210:30501
pw:fires21

I have no clue what the seed looks like, gonna try not looking at the seed map, at least for awhile.

Gonna make a new character, and then time to raze some forests I guess.
Getting connection refused to both of those ip/port combos

• 1Like

Cynical

Canuckistani Terrorist
Killed first boss tonite, time to start black forest. Gonna setup a new base around a large chunk of forest not far from first camp, less lugging the better for me, and I found spreading everything out is far less laggy, game has similar problems as conan. Gotta find some crypts/surtling cores, and start connecting it all too.

I'm playing "pure" I don't expect anyone else to play the same if you play on server, don't care myself. As in mining other servers/solo, even decking your char out with cheats in solo. I tried that on solo, stuff could still push your shit in anyway lol. I know a couple people been around, more the merrier, even if you go to other side of map and built shit on your own.

My first character I was on another server for a bit, but ended up gaining recipes I shouldn't have had at that point (iron) so kinda wanted a do over this time.