Valheim - Viking Survival Game (Early Access)

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Varia Vespasa

Vyemm Raider
Popped on to your server, built my house a bit north from the start point. One thing- please god, whatever you did to the deer and pigs, turn it back or at least down a bit- I get 20 second pauses when the game tries to render 300+ items at once.

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Varia Vespasa

Vyemm Raider
Ok, it appears to be just a local bug- deer and pigs die normally elsewhere, but at the bugged area there were around 15 deer milling around and after killing around a dozen (eventually, took 3-5 arrows each) the place looked like THIS-
Screenshot 2021-03-29 11.05.10.png
And each of those is a 20 stack of meat or 50 deer hide.
Here's a pillar of the crap dropping from one of my kills-
Screenshot 2021-03-29 10.59.14.png

At least 1 boar had the bug too, which was my first encounter with it- looked in my inventory and there were 8 stacks of meat and 2 of scraps. :p Havent been back there to check if more have it too. On the other hand, I have so much meat I'm in the process of turning some of it into a couple of stacks of coal for making signs etc because I fucking can! :p

• 2Worf
  • 1Double Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 5 users

Tmac

Adventurer
<Gold Donor>
Ok, it appears to be just a local bug- deer and pigs die normally elsewhere, but at the bugged area there were around 15 deer milling around and after killing around a dozen (eventually, took 3-5 arrows each) the place looked like THIS-
View attachment 344993And each of those is a 20 stack of meat or 50 deer hide.
Here's a pillar of the crap dropping from one of my kills-
View attachment 344994

LMFAO.

Cynical

Canuckistani Terrorist
Server been laggy all weekend, not sure why, other than gportal. Even the ping keeps bouncing up and down from my PoV. At a loss what to do, other than copy world and try another service.

Edit: ok that isnt lag lmao

Varia Vespasa

Vyemm Raider
Server been laggy all weekend, not sure why, other than gportal. Even the ping keeps bouncing up and down from my PoV. At a loss what to do, other than copy world and try another service.

Edit: ok that isnt lag lmao
Heh, nope, havent had any lag apart from the usual stutter when it saves the world, except when deer from that spawn explode. The boar didnt cause that pause for some reason.
No worries, I'm happy enough hunting trolls and looking for a ^%#$ dungeon so I can get bones. Where's the nearest decent section of black forest, preferably that hasnt been pillaged already?

Cynical

Canuckistani Terrorist
Heh, nope, havent had any lag apart from the usual stutter when it saves the world, except when deer from that spawn explode. The boar didnt cause that pause for some reason.
No worries, I'm happy enough hunting trolls and looking for a ^%#$ dungeon so I can get bones. Where's the nearest decent section of black forest, preferably that hasnt been pillaged already?
Theres several all over around start, first time I took the trip to 1st boss spawn I got smacked by a troll. Currently my first base in due south from boss shrine on shore, building a forest base east of that on the other coast, there's actually an existing set of villages there, so I'm repurposing the one by water. (thin chunk of land on map, already considering a canal)

Dwarves pissed me off while building, so I razed that section of forest and placed craft tables all the fuck over.

I also watched 13th Warrior again last night, we need a horde of cannibals & firewyrm raid. I forgot how good that movie actually is. Trying to settle that village and the constant night streams of dwarves went well with movie.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Cynical

Canuckistani Terrorist
My current map, if it helps anyone. Haven't done much exploring yet
map78.jpg

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Varia Vespasa

Vyemm Raider
Theres several all over around start, first time I took the trip to 1st boss spawn I got smacked by a troll. Currently my first base in due south from boss shrine on shore, building a forest base east of that on the other coast, there's actually an existing set of villages there, so I'm repurposing the one by water. (thin chunk of land on map, already considering a canal)

Dwarves pissed me off while building, so I razed that section of forest and placed craft tables all the fuck over.

I also watched 13th Warrior again last night, we need a horde of cannibals & firewyrm raid. I forgot how good that movie actually is. Trying to settle that village and the constant night streams of dwarves went well with movie.
Ok, and now I've found a Lox in my forest! The hell?? :p

• 3Worf
Reactions: 2 users

TomServo

<Bronze Donator>

Of course 13 warrior is good it's directed by Mother Fucking John "Predator DieHard Red October" Mctiernan.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Cynical

Canuckistani Terrorist
Ok, and now I've found a Lox in my forest! The hell?? :p
Yeah I dunno if this just a weird seed, logged in, heading back to base to restock food, and there's trolls strolling around meadows biomes in middle of night. Noped the fuck back to a clearing till daylight, because after that every damn tree is a possible troll at night.

I have nothing to do with it, I'm liking it more, far more dangerous that any other map I've done.

MusicForFish

Ultra Maga Instinct
<Prior Amod>
Yeah I dunno if this just a weird seed, logged in, heading back to base to restock food, and there's trolls strolling around meadows biomes in middle of night. Noped the fuck back to a clearing till daylight, because after that every damn tree is a possible troll at night.

I have nothing to do with it, I'm liking it more, far more dangerous that any other map I've done.
What trolls¿

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm

I can always rewatch that movie.

I logged on earlier this morning to check out your server. Started to piddle around to the east of your meadows settlement and then got tied up with some stocks and had to log. Wasnt laggy at all when I played so not sure on that. Im intrigued that there is like 60 iron outside your house and no furnce etc., however. haha

When I first logged in I was looking for your base. As I was running across meadows, I found this floor-roofed house that had its corner smash out where the door should be. Curious if someone else found that troll and thought they could hide in there haha!

Cynical

Canuckistani Terrorist
Yeah someone dropped off some extra supplies, I actually removed the floor so it would drop down, and I could stop worrying about picking it up and getting recipes too early.

Holy shit these greylings are annoying.

Cynical

Canuckistani Terrorist
Did you see whats off your east coast there?
Not yet, what other neighbors I have now? Just starting my push into that chunk of forest, cleared the first tomb. Elder marker in there, clearly gonna have to build a boat soon, he a good ways away.