Valheim - Viking Survival Game (Early Access)

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Varia Vespasa

Vyemm Raider
Not yet, what other neighbors I have now? Just starting my push into that chunk of forest, cleared the first tomb. Elder marker in there, clearly gonna have to build a boat soon, he a good ways away.
Thought I took a screenshot, but I guess not- there's a Leviathan out there
Map-
Screenshot 2021-03-29 16.38.04.png

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Varia Vespasa

Vyemm Raider
Great, only a matter of time before someone spawns serpents, and completely ruins my sailing lol
Well if you go harvest the leviathan and get yourself a harpoon you can farm the serpents...

Edit- Logged off for a while, but a good start- full level 1 troll hide gear, level 3 weapons, 5 beehives and 10 surtling cores. Next its on to copper mining. If you come play and go north, watch out for big-ass holes. :)

Last edited:

Hachima

Molten Core Raider
Ok, it appears to be just a local bug- deer and pigs die normally elsewhere, but at the bugged area there were around 15 deer milling around and after killing around a dozen (eventually, took 3-5 arrows each) the place looked like THIS-
View attachment 344993And each of those is a 20 stack of meat or 50 deer hide.
Here's a pillar of the crap dropping from one of my kills-
View attachment 344994
At least 1 boar had the bug too, which was my first encounter with it- looked in my inventory and there were 8 stacks of meat and 2 of scraps. :p Havent been back there to check if more have it too. On the other hand, I have so much meat I'm in the process of turning some of it into a couple of stacks of coal for making signs etc because I fucking can! :p
The meat drop rate on boars is something like 2^(level-1) +/- something for randomness. So if someone spawned a level 8 boar, that is already ~128 meat dropping from 1 kill and a lvl 10 boar dropping 500+ meat.

etchazz

Trakanon Raider
Ok, it appears to be just a local bug- deer and pigs die normally elsewhere, but at the bugged area there were around 15 deer milling around and after killing around a dozen (eventually, took 3-5 arrows each) the place looked like THIS-
View attachment 344993And each of those is a 20 stack of meat or 50 deer hide.
Here's a pillar of the crap dropping from one of my kills-
View attachment 344994
At least 1 boar had the bug too, which was my first encounter with it- looked in my inventory and there were 8 stacks of meat and 2 of scraps. :p Havent been back there to check if more have it too. On the other hand, I have so much meat I'm in the process of turning some of it into a couple of stacks of coal for making signs etc because I fucking can! :p

It may be the server. I killed a boar over by the starting area and it dropped 60 pieces of meat and 40 leather scraps. Like hitting the lottery!

Varia Vespasa

Vyemm Raider
Here's my crappy picture of Thor riding by in his chariot arcing lightning around during a storm. (Friend pointed it out to me while we were hunting sea serpents.)
Screenshot 2021-03-29 21.47.07.png

• 8Like
Reactions: 7 users

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Here's my crappy picture of Thor riding by in his chariot arcing lightning around during a storm. (Friend pointed it out to me while we were hunting sea serpents.)
View attachment 345104
Those little Easter Eggs are awesome. First time I saw Odin on the land, I shot him with and arrow and he poofed. Had no idea it was Odin, so the next 5 minutes Im wigging out thinking something is going to pop back out and attack me. Hope they do more in the upcoming content patches.

Cynical

Canuckistani Terrorist
Built a fortified sniping/archery range that gets a bunch of dwarf spawns around it, they just mill around and leave me alone unless there a torch up there, then they ping rocks at it. If you throw some spikes out there it's just easy loot, plink an arrow at one and they run around like retards into the spikes. Gotta amuse myself somehow when it's nighttime.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Daidraco

Just going to put it out there - appreciate the starting base. But whoever built this place needs a basic understanding of architecture. Did a basic re-design of the fire pit just so the fire wouldnt go out every 10 seconds. /rabble

Daidraco

Also, Ive killed several boar and deer on this server and they arent dropping a shit load of material. Dont know how you guys are getting that? I thought that was client side anyways?

MusicForFish

Ultra Maga Instinct
<Prior Amod>
Also, Ive killed several boar and deer on this server and they arent dropping a shit load of material. Dont know how you guys are getting that? I thought that was client side anyways?
My bomb went off at the boss stones north of the first base. Might be location specific, like a hunting ground flag or something./shrug

Cynical

Canuckistani Terrorist
Oh yeah, Caren me lol. I don't think I've fully finished building anything yet, I get distracted, and there's walls missing, other stuff not right. That entire village was already there, and I just decided to build a dwarf shooting gallery, since they wouldn't take a fucking hint. That entire area used to be forest, fuckers come out of the sea now.

lvl 2 troll armor now, and a proper bow, working on all the bronze tools ect, then gotta build first karve and setup a little portal camp for elder once i have extra cores.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
My elder is in a shit ass area. At the end of a peninsula that is 1/2 click wide and long as fuck and infested by npc spawn points and trolls. No where to really build an outpost that is close. I died there exploring the area and it took me 2 more corpses to get my shit back. But I need to do this soon as im all set on the bronze age shit. I might just get a base as close as possible going and just run there rested and just do the fight and nope the fuck out.

Also, anyone know what contributes to comfort levels in your house?

MusicForFish

Ultra Maga Instinct
<Prior Amod>
My elder is in a shit ass area. At the end of a peninsula that is 1/2 click wide and long as fuck and infested by npc spawn points and trolls. No where to really build an outpost that is close. I died there exploring the area and it took me 2 more corpses to get my shit back. But I need to do this soon as im all set on the bronze age shit. I might just get a base as close as possible going and just run there rested and just do the fight and nope the fuck out.

Rugs, beds, tables, chairs, etc.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Varia Vespasa

Vyemm Raider
Lemme see- Roof (actual roof, not flooring above your head as someone tried to do), bed, fire, deerskin rug (and later wolf and lox hide rugs too, they stack), table, chair, banner. That gets you to comfort 9. Mine is comfort 9 anyway, and i think thats everything I have there.

Later, add a brazier, dragon bed, dragon throne.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
I think mine is at 8. I just did not know how I go it there. I added deer rug, stool, table, bench, chair, and of couse a house with fire, lol.