Valheim - Viking Survival Game (Early Access)

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Bruuce

Blackwing Lair Raider
quineloe i am taking 2 stacks of iron for crafting upgrades for the yagluth base plz and ty. just farmed up all the lower ore stuff. can help you mine some more whenev

• 1Picard
Reactions: 1 user

etchazz

Trakanon Raider
Getting my ass kicked outside of Quineloe's base in Black Forest by mosquitoes. How the fuck do you kill those things?

MusicForFish

Ultra Maga Instinct
<Prior Amod>
Getting my ass kicked outside of Quineloe's base in Black Forest by mosquitoes. How the fuck do you kill those things?
At least a maxed Banded Shield and Iron Mace. Maxed health. Singles are obviously easier. 1 Block, 1 hit as they don't suffer a to-hit penalty when struck. Rinse repeat. You can try to get in a second hit when they get stunned. Try to tag them with poison or fire arrows on the pull, use terrain to tie them up in pathing once you see how they move if your DPS is low. They can still kill you if you're not careful. Much much easier with 2+.

Quineloe

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
help yourself to food from the left reinforced chest. Enough HP is #1 when dealing with these.

• 1Like

etchazz

Trakanon Raider
I got ganked by 2 of them, and they were actually flanking me so I couldn't defend myself from both of them. Not sure if that was intended, or because of the terrain, but I was pissed. Killed me three times before I could get away from them. This may be a game that I'm just not cut out for. Been playing mostly solo, as I'm behind the other players on the server. I really like the game, but also think it's frustrating to try and play by yourself, as doing anything takes so much time. I'll probably give it another week, and if I can't start making some serious progress, I may end up rage quitting. Again, not blaming the game, it's definitely me and my inexperience with this kind of game. Having never played Minecraft, or any other survival game, I'm completely out of my element.

Quineloe

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I'm gonna deactivate the wards so more people can permit themselves for now.
Get both - docks and house.

What's your game name anyways

etchazz

Trakanon Raider
I'm Jorn. Appreciate all of your help, especially the portal! Cynical too. If I ever meet you guys in the real world, drinks are on me!

Captain Suave

Caesar si viveret, ad remum dareris.
Personally I think it should have more restrictions. Wood, stone, ect should be restricted. With a portal, I can turn a little bit of land sticking out in ocean into islands by shipping in tons of stone via portal.

Honestly, I think it would be a conceptually cleaner game without portals at all. The fact that they exist just makes you want to use them for everything. I'd be fine with manual travel everywhere, maybe with some adjustments to item weight/carry limits.

• 1Like

Quineloe

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
just let me know when you want to do something, it's dangerous to go alone. Mostly seen your tombstones

• 1Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Cynical

Canuckistani Terrorist
I keep missing you recently, wanting to help you recover the stones I see all over the world lol.

Don't get frustrated, embrace the deaths and laugh at them, I die far too often. Have you been drowned by a greyling who keeps knocking you back in the water, despite the fact you can 1 shot them easily? That has happened to me far too many times. It's probably the worst deaths I've had, purely because I'm getting owned by the equivalent of Fippy Darkpaw.

If I'm on and not afk, I'll join anyone that wants some company, just ask. I likely will get you killed though, so fair warning.

• 1Like

Cynical

Canuckistani Terrorist
I'll hold you to this lol.
GIF by memecandy

• 1Solidarity

Varia Vespasa

Vyemm Raider
I'm fine with it whenever, just like to join in.

Think we have several places of relative safety now, so people still can catch up if they join new. I've only been getting occasional swamp raids, and trolls are popping up outside my bases sometimes.
The entire east arm of our starting continent is untouched, including at least 2 queens I left alone for newcomers. (newcomers- follow the coast south and east from the start point)

Varia Vespasa

Vyemm Raider
I got 3 barley from a chest, so at some point I need to put a minifarm on the edge of one of those small plains biomes.

• 1Like