Valkyria Chronicles

cyrusreij

Trakanon Raider
So I keep crashing to desktop after trying to go back to Book Mode from Headquarters, this makes me sad
frown.png

iannis

Musty Nester
This is a cute little game.

Man, you KNOW that there was some dude sitting at a desk with a shit slurping smile all on his face as he was writing the exposition and dialogue. It is so horrific. So many cringes, so many giggles.

But it really is a cute little game and that dumb shit completely fits. It'd be weird if the dialogue was anything besides dumb shit. It does seem like it'll be easy to min/max to hell and beyond... but it's not a spr srs game to begin with.

This was a good pick. Thoroughly entertaining.

Szlia

I don't know if it's funny or sad, but the Sega people are acting all surprised that the game sold (and is selling) super well on Steam.

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Well, it was considered a failure on PS3. VC2 was demoted to PSP-only, and VC3 never even made it outside of Japan (there's a fansub that can be played with PPSSPP though).

khorum

Murder Apologist
This is a cute little game.

Man, you KNOW that there was some dude sitting at a desk with a shit slurping smile all on his face as he was writing the exposition and dialogue. It is so horrific. So many cringes, so many giggles.

But it really is a cute little game and that dumb shit completely fits. It'd be weird if the dialogue was anything besides dumb shit. It does seem like it'll be easy to min/max to hell and beyond... but it's not a spr srs game to begin with.

This was a good pick. Thoroughly entertaining.
Yeah it tracks the same way as Skies of Arcadia did: it starts in with silly, inoffensive characters in a peaceful domestic setting to get you invested in their conflict later on. Takes a few missions to get into it, tbh. Actually the Skies of Arcadia team was pretty op IIRC.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Hopefully other Japanese developers take notice.
Well hopefully they take notice that a GOOD port sells better than a shitty one(or I hope it did, not sure of the FFXIII sales vs VC for example, FFXIII being a terrible port).

And I think they're surprised it's selling as well as it is, I assume they expected it to sell at least decently otherwise they wouldn't have done the port(which they spent quite a bit of time on apparently, so it wasn't free shit), but it was on top of the steam sales for a little bit and has been top5 for a while, even though the new assassin's creed released at the same time, so that's pretty good.

ramp

Silver Knight of the Realm
Ended up buying the PC version as well, glad I did, so much fun replaying it this (as the last time I played it was during ps3 release).

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
The best one liners so far are from Cherry, Ted, Melville, get those three together killing shit and it is a bi sexual orgy. Also pretty sure Homer is a BDSM freak..

khorum

Murder Apologist
I thought I got all the DLCs for the ps3 version but I guess not. It wasn't that expensive but it wasn't 15 bucks for all four either.

The Master

Bronze Squire
Stated playing this recently. The turn 2/3 wins on nearly every mission because of Scout rush are ridiculous. I kind of stumbled across it screwing around in skirmish mode and have been getting A ranks as a result. I also kill every champion though, which adds a pretty big challenge because a lot of the time the champion is tucked away not on the objective path and they are rarely one-shottable.

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
Stated playing this recently. The turn 2/3 wins on nearly every mission because of Scout rush are ridiculous. I kind of stumbled across it screwing around in skirmish mode and have been getting A ranks as a result. I also kill every champion though, which adds a pretty big challenge because a lot of the time the champion is tucked away not on the objective path and they are rarely one-shottable.
What sucks is if you want to play tactically or the way it feels like you should you usually get a C or lower ranking. Scout rush is pure cheese and you get A+ ranking consistently doing it.

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Kind of upsetting they didn't rebalance the game or anything for port. Guess I'll give it a skip.