VALORANT - Riot Games

xzi

Mouthbreather
I may be retarded but I know a lot about what I'm talking about.

Even if I didn't, my MAIN issue is that there is absolutely zero reason it needs to run on boot. I don't know why people get mad at me for saying that.

Teekey

Mr. Poopybutthole
Even if I didn't, my MAIN issue is that there is absolutely zero reason it needs to run on boot. I don't know why people get mad at me for saying that.

There is a legitimate reason, you just don't want to accept it as being a reason. That sounds like a personal problem.

You could set up a script to disable the driver when you close Valorant. Rumor is they might even make this an option. But it's still going to require a reboot to play.

goishen

Macho Ma'am
No, there isn't. Others have done anti-cheat software without having it boot up in ring zero, and others have had their numbers of cheaters go down as well.

They don't need it to run in ring zero. They want it to run in ring zero.

If you can't understand the difference between those two, then I don't have anything more to say. I mean, I'm honestly starting to think that both of you are paid shills for Riot/TenCent.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Most of the streamers I've been looking at for this are unwatchable faggots.

Any good ones out there?

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
They recently said anyone streaming valorant can have drops enabled (takes about ten minutes to turn active), so that's nice.

I was watching Hiko a bit but goddamn he started getting annoying as fuck and super condescending to people.

The problem is valorant isn't a very good game to spectate.

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
No, there isn't. Others have done anti-cheat software without having it boot up in ring zero, and others have had their numbers of cheaters go down as well.

If you can't understand the difference between those two, then I don't have anything more to say. I mean, I'm honestly starting to think that both of you are paid shills for Riot/TenCent.

Calling me a shill because I'm not choosing to panic over this? Jesus.
You're claiming the most absurd shit and are not even focused on the parts that actually are invasive as all heck.
Go ahead and keep panicking over something that really is the most insignificant part of their anti-cheat.

Most of the streamers I've been looking at for this are unwatchable faggots.

Any good ones out there?

I know you people hate Mixer, but Shroud is really the only streamer I want to watch play this. I haven't found anyone else that's mostly chill, but also really skilled. I don't know any CS:GO personalities though, so maybe there's some others. The OW/FortNite streamers are not very good in this game.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
No the OW players are terrible. Timthetatman is terrible. Even the washed up CSGO guys are terrible.

They have this playstyle of baiting every single fucking game and its BORING AS FUCK

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
When I am watching people who have a lot of CSGO time they are mainly doing what you said. Being really cautious and waiting for someone to turn the corner. I used to play a lot of CS like a lot of us here did. So I am surprised when they use abilities rather than just play like a monkey on adderal and jump corners to blast someone.

Teekey

Mr. Poopybutthole

I don't think anyone would claim the other games and methods have provided adequate protection against cheaters.

Of course no one NEEDS good anti-cheat. But most people WANT good anti-cheat.

Again, it's completely fine if you aren't interested. Just fuck off and stop being a whiny faggot.

Ukerric

Bearded Ape
<Silver Donator>
Apparently you don't know what the fuck it means, because having kernel access alone is not the definition of a rootkit. By that logic, your GPU drivers are a rootkit.
The thing is, GPU drivers require kernel-level access to even function and provide the functionality you are looking for, which is: display stuff. And they are optimized for the service.

The Vanthingy drivers decided to use kernel-level access because it made them immune to anything, and deliver a functionality you do not need nor asked for: letting Riot Games know what software runs on your computer. And they pretty much do not care how much damage they do to your computer function.

Pretty different.

Teekey

Mr. Poopybutthole
and deliver a functionality you do not need nor asked for: l

You don't think competitive shooter players ask for the best anti-cheat possible?

CS:GO players literally pay to have kernel driver anti-cheats on FACEIT and ESEA servers.

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I'm going to show my naivety here regarding programming a video game, but why can't they just encrypt the blocks of memory the game is using? It can't be that much of a resource drain anymore, or doesn't it matter once you figure out the hex offset?

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Encrypting/Decrypting memory on the fly would be such an extreme overhead that the game would suffer greatly.

Also I'm not a game engineer, but I'd be really surprised if game devs are managing memory at that level at all ouside of some specific cases

Ukerric

Bearded Ape
<Silver Donator>
You don't think competitive shooter players ask for the best anti-cheat possible?

CS:GO players literally pay to have kernel driver anti-cheats on FACEIT and ESEA servers.
Oh, wait? You mean that this Vanstuff kernel thing is an optional install that people can pick or reject independently of the game itself???

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
Oh, wait? You mean that this Vanstuff kernel thing is an optional install that people can pick or reject independently of the game itself???
the game is optional, so yes. Go play something else if it bothers you

• 1Picard
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

goishen

Macho Ma'am
I don't care what you do with your system. Far be it from me to tell you what to do or where you can go. You can visit illpwnyou.com for all you want. I'm just stating that there is a reason why I won't install it on my computer.

Fadaar

That guy
When your next big thing is a free to play competitive fps taking a hard line stance against cheating is somewhat important

• 1Like

Teekey

Mr. Poopybutthole
I don't care what you do with your system. Far be it from me to tell you what to do or where you can go. You can visit illpwnyou.com for all you want. I'm just stating that there is a reason why I won't install it on my computer.

Pretty much the crux of all the whining over this on internet.

"I wasn't interested in this game anyways, but now that I learned about this, let me tell why I don't want to play a game I wasn't going to play anyways!"

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I stopped playing it for the most part due to the match length. I prefer the less than 20 minute match times of Overwatch. I can't even imagine being stuck in a 45 minute match, and having terrible teammates(which one of them could be me tbh).

• 1Like

gauze

Molten Core Raider
No the OW players are terrible. Timthetatman is terrible. Even the washed up CSGO guys are terrible.

They have this playstyle of baiting every single fucking game and its BORING AS FUCK
I am surprised when they use abilities rather than just play like a monkey on adderal and jump corners to blast someone.

Hiko wasn't really known to be a massive entry fragger, or any sort of insane aim. His prowess was lurking, and really wasn't on the map til he was matched up with the starchild s1mple. Only other shining moment hiko had were a few 1vx clutches. Other than that he was on ibp when the matchfixing scandal happened, which is where azk and brax(was swag at the time) are from who were at the time given life time valve event bans but eventually lifted? I don't recall.. Their careers never recovered, and I've played with and against Dazed numerous times in FPL amongst a ton of others.

The only thing that makes Hiko interesting to watch, is that he plays Breach and chooses to try and control the map for the team.

skadoodle and n0thing are better than shroud. As streamer content, probably highly debatable.. Shroud was the 'reddit' king for a while. I haven't watched shroud on mixer. I watched skadoodle do a lot of really good plays, didn't watch much of n0thing.. But they were the two closest to adderaled chimps when it came to this game.

Trades and/or baiting is a huge 'strategical advantage' in Csgo, and just CS in general; ie roles being rifler, lurker, entry, support, and awper with one being designated IGL.

It's not a farcry from high level cs play. The only main difference is popflashing and smokes don't work like they use to. Getting hit with a pebble in this game, is an fucking dead stop. All of these previous pros came from an era when spray transferring and controlling a 30 round spray was the meta. I'm usually top frag in valorant, but I have an insane amount of deaths due to not being able to fight 3 or 4 people on my screen at one given time.. Compared to csgo, where that is a very cleanup-able mess. Regardless, I think it's safe to say none of these ex-csgo pros were considerable as some of the best to play, at most '#1 NA' the EU teams were reigning champions.

I don't really watch the streams anymore, so if skadoodle and n0thing are shit too.. You could try to look at the previous Apex pros like Ace, sid from ice age.. I mean dizzy, and Mendo whom are in ways known for excellent movement and such. My friend I queue with is constantly talking about them, and I've seen their apex streams which they were dojng insane pathings.. Mendo was the first person I know of to talk indepth about bhopping sage slow.. Ect.

Last edited:
  • 1Like