VALORANT - Riot Games

Teekey

Mr. Poopybutthole

Today we’re announcing that we’re creating a special scope for Vanguard vulnerabilities with even higher bounties. We want players to continue to play our games with peace of mind, and we’re putting our money where our mouth is. If you think you’ve found a flaw in Vanguard that would undermine the security and privacy of players, please submit a report right away and you may be eligible for a big bounty payout.

1587156947909.png

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Teekey

Mr. Poopybutthole

For anyone claiming that it doesn't need to run at boot, here's a pretty decent little write up that explain why it's way more effective than not.

Also worth noting, one of the Riot devs on Reddit said they like the idea of an option to have the driver unload when the game is closed, but still required a reboot when you want to play. Seems like a good middle ground.

Delly

Trakanon Raider
I don't think anyone disagrees that its more effective to run at boot, but that tencent and hackermans of the world can use it against us for any reason and that run at boot makes that more likely to happen.

Teekey

Mr. Poopybutthole
I don't think anyone disagrees that its more effective to run at boot, but that tencent and hackermans of the world can use it against us for any reason and that run at boot makes that more likely to happen.

There were multiple people here claiming there was no need or purpose to have it start at boot.

Lunis

Blackwing Lair Raider
Just got in myself, got a clutch while a friend was streaming our match! My cs:go aim carries over well but i am so bad at using the abilities... i just run and frag.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

gauze

Molten Core Raider
Invitationals seems interesting. I like how they lined up teams. PUBG, Fortnite, Rainbow Six, CS, OW, Apex, League, and the Dev's. Semi and Finals are tomorrow; espn shoutcasters suck.. watched a couple of the team mirage highlights, and they're putting in work. Team Six seemed to be the only one who gave em a run in their bracket, but a lot of adderall junkie plays coming out from team mirage. You can watch it from the players stream, which will have their in-game coms.

I'll probably tune in tomorrow due to it seeming more interesting.

Also raze and sage nerf. Knives do 2x damage to sage wall, plus the door shields. Walking through sage slow is now silent, but it now effects the air; so no more bhopping through it.. not sure about Jett dash, i'm sure it'll be fine. Raze now has 1 grenade, but it re-charges after 2 kills like the other agents in her class; whatever thats called. Her telegraphs are also louder.

• 1Like

TecKnoe

Molten Core Raider
So i really wanna get a group of 6-7 people to play regularly with, idk if i wanna create and recruit for my own team or join one, but i plan on giving this a shot with a solid team to start scrimming and working on strats, if anyone is interested post here or DM me please, willing to put in 6-8+ hours a day.

If we could get 3-4 from the forums ill then recruit the others for the team and i guess run it or someone else can if they want too.

Im currently in NA EAST (ct) so east coast players pref, but willing to take anyone if they can perform with their delays, my play times vary but if we get a team going i can have set hours for us to practice ETC.

Teekey

Mr. Poopybutthole
Yeah this game is night and day with a team that communicates versus a team that doesn't. It is so much fun when you have a team all on the same page, but can be so frustrating when you have people who refuse to chat, and are either doing their own thing or running around revealing your position.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
So here's something to think about

I overclocked my GPU and the game crashes nonstop at random intervals. I decided to Google it, as one does.

Lots of threads and the consensus is it's overclocking gpus that's doing it. But why?

Well

Why in the fuck is vanguard touching this shit? Can someone defend it? Or explain it?

• 1Worf

Neranja

<Bronze Donator>
Because cheating in an FPS can go many ways, including tampering with the graphics driver and its pipeline. Back in 2001 Asus decided to release a driver for their own graphics cards to differentiate between the other OEMs that basically all produced the Nvidia reference design. The advertised feature let you "see-through walls". Community was furious, especially with competetive CS and Quake players. Shortly after the backlash Asus decided to remove the feature.

Riot has basically admitted to installing a kernel level extension (aka rootkit) on your system for the sake of anti-cheating, so they no wonder will try to use that lever to minimize all and any vectors that people could use to modify the client behaviour.

My uneducated guess is: since most games nowadays watch the system clock for sudden drifts (this is used to make people run faster) one vector would be to stall/quicken the rendering pipeline for a few frames. I don't know if their engine is tied to the rendering FPS - I think most game engines nowadays aren't strictly syning things to rendering like netcode and physics. But one prime example for a game engine with that problem was/is ID Tech 3 (Quake 3), where you could only make some jumps when you had 125 FPS:

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Appreciate your response but I don't think it's good enough for me. They shouldn't be touching and disabling features

Neranja

<Bronze Donator>
They shouldn't be touching and disabling features
They shouldn't be installing kernel level extensions, period. That people rolled over for the next shiny game and went to install something that no one knows what its doing (and Riot clearly doesn't tell you exactly) is baffling me. Hell, even antivirus software sometimes has bugs that exposes more security risks that it helps to prevent. Some were even caught red-handed exfiltrating browsing data.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
They shouldn't be installing kernel level extensions, period. That people rolled over for the next shiny game and went to install something that no one knows what its doing (and Riot clearly doesn't tell you exactly) is baffling me. Hell, even antivirus software sometimes has bugs that exposes more security risks that it helps to prevent. Some were even caught red-handed exfiltrating browsing data.
Yeah dude. I was really angry about it, but the boys wanted to play so I reinstalled. But that shit last night sealed this games fate for me. All done

I'm sure some valorant apologists will come in here and tell me I'm wrong.