VALORANT - Riot Games

fat12

Trakanon Raider
You guys remember the WC3 mod for counter-strike? That was fun.

• 5Like
Reactions: 4 users

gauze

Molten Core Raider
In the end whether they can get the maps to be competitive will be the key piece. I'm also skeptical of 3 site maps as 2 is already a challenge in CS:GO with 5 on a side. However, maybe we see retakes become a bigger mechanic - it will be interesting to see how the competitive scene finds the optimal way to play.

I'm more worried about how they plan to roll out patches with nerfs and buffs. Retake already seems far easier on Valorant than CSGO, rotations will probably be the worst pain in the ass due to the 3 site map. Abilities could change that up, as csgo retake are mostly difficult due to extremely well timed smokes, mollies, and flashes. Having people rotate in CSGO with just two sites is already a pain.

CSGO dev team is slow and doesn't communicate, but it's hard to delve far away from the Ak/m4 because everything else is just a cry fest. They were pretty quick to address smaller nuances like the first round taser abuse, awp9, laser sig/aug, and the cz. I think we've been sitting on CSGO on Source2 for about 3 or 4 years? now.

Learned this morning Volcano from an old NA pro team, 3D and co-creator of de_cache is lead map designer for valorant. Was a fan of 3D, though Volcano was never on my radar. Mostly ksharp, shag, and method.

Nightelf with trueshot aura and a deagle was best wc3 mod

Bubbles

2022 Asshat Award Winner
<Bronze Donator>
The Exodus has begun

EU8dS9QWAAAVI9V.jpg large.jpg

• 1Mother of God
Reactions: 1 user

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
the weird thing is at least stylistically valorant does not seem to be that direct of a competitor to overwatch. I watched the videos of this and did not find it interesting in the slightest.

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm
The T2 scene has crashed in Overwatch, so the majority of them are going to try and crossover. There is a smattering of former OWL pro's going to try their hand at it too. I'm sure the majority of the DPS players from OW has played CS in some form at one time. There still will be a huge adjustment they'll have to make though.

TecKnoe

Molten Core Raider
are they only giving out invites through watching twitch or are they sending out emails too? dont think i signed up for a beta but i did link my accounts

so would making extra twitch and riot accounts to afk in more streams increase the chance or you think they got something to stop that? someone saidyou cant watch multiple on one accnt, but wasnt clear if you can make a bunch and afk them all

im so confused i go to the valorant site and try to click make an account and all it does is bring me to a page that says check my status

Last edited:

Cybsled

Seagull had some interesting insight a few days ago when he was talking about Valorant. He doesn't feel like the two are very similar for the most part and thinks the OW->Valorant will be like the TF2->OW....the TF2 guys will shine for a little bit, then get outclassed by the new talent.

gauze

Molten Core Raider
You could try to do the multiple account thing, but you'll have to also make multiple riot accounts. It's not a key or anything, but a whitelist to the linked riot account.

Regarding Seagull's statement, it sounds like he is self projecting his OW career. I never found him to be that good.. even in the beginning, just informative and calm.

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
The Top Viewers right now.
In case you weren't aware, Drops are currently enabled for Valorant. It's been live for 2 hours since this post.
With 1.5M, doesn't look good :(

There has been server issues all morning but looks like maybe it's getting better.

twitch.PNG

CaughtCross

Vyemm Raider
I wonder how much money he is making this month on account of the Valorant gameplay.

He mentioned that he hit a record number of subs and his top donation on his stream is $2,500 right now. He is making bank thanks to Riot.

• 1Like

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
From a viewers perspective, the game looks bland and boring in every way. Remove Riot's name association, and it would have far less interest, imo.

• 1Like

Delly

Trakanon Raider
A wave of invites must have went out because I got one and a few others that I know got some too.