Vampire the Masquerade - Bloodlines sequel? Remake?

Burns

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Mort bit the bullet and watched the whole promo interview from WoD, so he could make a summery.

He states (heavy CP2077 influences):
  • You can chose gender and 1 out of 4 clans (with more clans as DLC).
  • While they didn't expressly state you can customize anything, they did put up some art showing various male and female versions of the PC.
  • The narrative will revolve around the PC having two people in the same body.

2023-11-05 09.28.25 www.youtube.com 5538ecdd0c99.png

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Burns

5 years after the title was announced, they need some new inspiration, huh?
I would hope they meant that they have been playing BG3 Act 1 for years in EA, in order to steal as many ideas as they can to make it a good game...

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
  • The narrative will revolve around the PC having two people in the same body.

Non-binary struggle story to go with the non-binary character art. No surprise there. I had a feeling it was more than just an art direction choice.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

popsicledeath

Potato del Grande
Maybe we'll get lucky and the nonbinary stuff is toned down and it's just that there are still ample chicks with dicks and dude with tits options! I could have my hetro female character stuck with a lesbian alter ego inside her.

Burns

Non-binary struggle story to go with the non-binary character art. No surprise there.
It sounds more like a CP2077 rip, in that the Elder Vampire, with a dumb fucking name, had a "spell" carved into them using the blood of a thin blood modern day vampire, while they were hibernating (torpor). This causes PHYRE to wake up and have the voice/soul of the thin blood talking to them, in their head (like Johnny in CP2077).

I assume that allows them to ramp up the power levels faster within the confines of the IP. I don't know how difficult World of Darkness is to work with, but maybe they were shooting down cool_shit_idea_0043 because a "thin blood can't do that," since the original player character was supposed to be a thin blood (I think).

Burns

Maybe we'll get lucky and the nonbinary stuff is toned down and it's just that there are still ample chicks with dicks and dude with tits options! I could have my hetro female character stuck with a lesbian alter ego inside her.
In the short blip of that promo that I watched, they were referring to the voice in your head (from the thin blood) as a male ("he" this and "he" that) with a normal sounding name. I'm a bit doubtful that they are going to pay for 2 different voice actors to read all those lines in order to offer a choice... but maybe, they are taking inspiration from BG3, after all.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
I don't know how difficult World of Darkness is to work with, but maybe they were shooting down cool_shit_idea_0043 because a "thin blood can't do that," since the original player character was supposed to be a thin blood (I think).
From what little I remember of my VtM days thin bloods are so far removed from Caine that they can barely even be considered vampires. Little or no sun vulnerability, can't use disciplines, no beast within, can't create progeny. They don't really bear the curse of Caine so much as they were lightly sideswiped by it.

• 2Like

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
Mist Mist what do you think about VtM 2?
Vampires are gay and not the good kind, well, unless they're hot gay chicks. Even then, the verdict is out. Never been into vampires, they're so try-hard.

• 2Worf

popsicledeath

Potato del Grande
In the short blip of that promo that I watched, they were referring to the voice in your head (from the thin blood) as a male ("he" this and "he" that) with a normal sounding name. I'm a bit doubtful that they are going to pay for 2 different voice actors to read all those lines in order to offer a choice... but maybe, they are taking inspiration from BG3, after all.

Good point on them cheaping out on voicing multiple, extra main characters. Instead they're just making the voice and old, powerful vampire some stuffy old man. Hope there is a way to fight against this perpetuation of the patriarchy, otherwise it'll seem quite problematic.